51 Best Baby Shower Gift Ideas for the New Baby
So, you’re going to be a guest at a baby shower soon, but you have no idea what gift to buy the parents-to-be? Choosing the perfect gift for the baby shower can be quite challenging. Baby shower gift registry lists can be helpful but sometimes there may not be one. Or you might like to surprise the parents-to-be with something personal and thoughtful that’s not on the list. So, what do you bring to a baby shower? If you need some inspiration or have no idea what to get for a baby shower, our list can help you choose from among the best baby shower gifts.
Big-Ticket Baby Shower Gifts
If you’re feeling extra generous or are super close to the parents-to-be, you might like to go all out and purchase a bigger ticket item that you know they will need and want. And, you don’t have to know whether the parents are having a baby boy or girl to buy them one of the following baby shower gifts as they’re for any gender:
1. Stroller. Many parents-to-be like to select a stroller themselves, but if you know which one they want, then this is one baby shower gift that is sure to get plenty of use.
2. Crib. This is obviously a nursery essential, but there are so many to choose from and many factors to consider, safety being the most important. If you opt for this, start by finding out what type of crib the parents would like, and go for that.
3. Crib mattress. If you’ve purchased the crib, you might also like to get the crib mattress at the same time. Oftentimes, these two pieces are purchased together for safety reasons, because the mattress should fit snugly into the crib.
4. Changing table. Here’s another nursery staple that will be put to good use and makes a great gift. As is the case with the crib, the parents might have their eye on a specific style or brand, so if it’s not specified in the registry, it’s important to find out what type of changing table they would like.
5. Baby bouncer or swing. There are many baby bouncers and/or swings to choose from, and you’ll want to check the child age and weight requirements of a particular style before you purchase it. Remember, some seats are designed for newborns, while others are designed for older babies.
6. Glider/rocking chair. A sturdy glider or rocking chair will keep either parent comfy while feeding or cuddling the baby, and the gentle back-and-forth motion can help soothe the little one. You could also consider giving a small side table that can go next to the chair for items needed during feeding, or even a footstool.
7. High chair. This will come in handy when the baby eventually starts on solid foods. There are so many different types of high chairs on the market ranging from cute and budget-friendly to contemporary and quite expensive. If the parents haven’t specified the model they would like in the registry, you might like to check with them.
8. Activity center. An activity center can provide babies with hours of fun and may also help boost their development. This is the type of gift older babies can begin to use just before they learn to walk.
Baby Shower Gifts for the Nursery
Selecting a good baby shower gift for the nursery can be tricky. What do the parents really need? Here are some great baby shower gift ideas that are absolute baby must-have items for the nursery for either a boy or a girl:
9. Diaper pail. A diaper pail is a must for storing those soiled diapers until they are taken out to the trash can. Some of the better diaper pails tend to be pricey, but the parents will appreciate having an odor-free home.
10. Bedding. During the first year of life, babies need only a fitted bottom sheet in their crib—loose bedding items such as top sheets, pillows, quilts, and blankets need to stay out of the crib to reduce the risks of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and suffocation. But you might like to purchase a matching bedding set and/or a blanket that could be used later on, during the toddler stage. There are very adorable sheet sets on the market, and parents will inevitably need multiple sets down the line.
11. Mobiles. Choose something colorful—red is one of the first colors the baby will be able to see. There are also mobiles that play music, so there’s no shortage of options. Find out if the baby will have a themed nursery, then select a mobile to match.
12. Night-light. A dim night-light can help settle the baby and make it easier for parents to walk around without stubbing a toe during nighttime feedings.
13. Sound machine. When it comes to lulling babies to sleep, playing white noise or another comforting sound from a sound machine can do the trick. Most sound machines offer a variety of options from shushing noises to womb-like echoes to help lull a baby to sleep.
14. Swaddle blankets. These blankets have more than just one use, making them a perfect baby shower gift. In addition to wrapping a newborn securely and providing comfort, swaddle blankets and even receiving blankets can double as burp cloths, tummy time mats, nursing covers, and more.
15. Babyproofing items. There are all kinds of safety items the new family will need, including electric outlet covers, corner covers, and baby gates.
Practical Baby Shower Gifts
Every parent can use some common, practical baby shower gifts, whether for diapering, feeding, or bathing their baby. Read on to learn about some of the best practical baby shower gifts on the market. With our helpful list of baby shower gift ideas on hand, you’ll be sure to choose something the new parents will find useful for their girl or boy!
16. Diapers. It should come as no surprise that diapers top this specific baby shower gift list. Every baby needs diapers—lots of them! Even a few boxes of diapers can help a lot. You might even like to give several different sizes, so that the diapers can be used in the first few months no matter how big the baby is and how fast they grow. Here’s a great diaper gift idea: Consider registering the new parents for a diaper subscription service. Diaper subscriptions help parents have the diapers they need when they need them. Certain diaper subscriptions even help parents keep up with their developing baby, allowing them to easily update the size of the diapers and delivery frequency they’ll need for their little one.
17. Wipes. In addition to diapers, parents will go through an abundant amount of baby wipes. If you’re considering giving a diaper subscription service as well, you might like to choose a provider that offers baby wipes as an additional product to include.
18. Clothing. Baby tees, jumpsuits, booties, shoes—you name them, babies will need them. Consider buying larger sizes, too, as babies grow out of newborn sizes quickly (and some larger babies never fit into these small sizes).
19. Breastfeeding supplies. If you know the mom-to-be will be breastfeeding, you could get her some breast milk storage containers, a nursing cover, or a nursing pillow. Breast pumps are now covered by most insurance plans, and nursing bras are a very personal choice, so it’s best to check first before buying these items.
20. Baby bottles. Baby bottles are essential for feeding, whether the mom-to-be chooses to nurse or formula-feed. For breastfed babies, breast milk can be pumped and stored for bottle-feeding at a later time. Stock up on BPA-free plastic bottles or go with glass baby bottles with interchangeable nipples. Useful baby shower gift options include a set of baby bottles with a range of bottle nipple sizes to fit throughout a baby’s first year.
21. Bottle accessories. Parents will appreciate having some basic accessories for bottle-feeding like a bottle warmer or bottle sterilizer.
22. Burp cloths. These will help protect the parent’s outfit during each feeding, plus they’re handy for wiping up messes or cleaning the baby’s sticky hands. You can assemble a few of these as your gift or add them to a baby shower gift basket.
23. Pacifiers. When they’re not breastfeeding or bottle-feeding, babies often like to suckle on pacifiers to soothe themselves. A package of pacifiers would make a very thoughtful gift—the more the merrier as pacifiers often get lost easily.
24. Teething toys. When the baby’s teeth start coming in, teething toys will be very beneficial to soothe their gums. A package of multiple teething toys can make a very practical gift.
25. Bibs. Babies are messy, especially when they eat! Bibs are great for capturing food, drool, and burping messes, helping the baby’s top to stay clean for just a little bit longer. Opt for packs of three or more or buy a bigger bunch, since most parents go through a quite a few throughout the day.
26. Utensils. In no time at all, the baby will be eating solid foods, so you could give a set of dishes and utensils in a cute pattern, as well as colorful sippy cups.
27. Baby food maker. If you know the parents are interested in making homemade baby food for their little one, you may like to get them a dedicated machine that makes blending, portioning, and storing baby food easy.
28. Baby bathtub. A portable baby tub is the ultimate baby shower gift for bath time. Some tubs even come with a built-in thermostat to help parents make sure the bath water is just the right temperature for their little one.
29. First-aid kit. For all those little emergencies that the parents might not yet be prepared for, give an emergency kit with a baby thermometer, tweezers, nasal aspirator, calamine lotion, bandages, a cold pack, etc.
Baby Shower Gifts for Travel
There will be times when the parents need to travel with their little one in tow. Whether that means braving an airport or just heading across town to the grandparent’s house, they will need a variety of portable items to help get from point A to B. Look at this list of baby shower gift ideas and consider giving one of these on-the-go essentials that are ideal for a boy or a girl:
30. Diaper bag. If the parents-to-be are close friends, you may know their personal style well enough to buy them a diaper bag. Or, they may have included one on the baby registry. If not, look for one that is spacious and has easy-to-access compartments. The parents will be hauling this bag around for a couple of years, so go for something classic and versatile.
31. Travel crib. Look for safe, lightweight options that can be assembled and disassembled easily. A portable play yard can also provide a safe space for the baby to play or sleep while under the parents’ watchful eyes.
32. Play mat. A play mat is another great option for travel or for use at home. It can keep babies busy and entertained away from home.
33. Emergency diaper bag. Put together a smaller diaper bag with the essentials that the parents can keep in the car or use when on a short errand.
34. Changing pad. Any area can be transformed into a diaper-duty station with a changing pad, diapers, and wipes.
35. Baby carrier or sling. A good baby carrier is ideal for parents to keep their hands free while running errands or just moving around the house. It’s also cozy and soothing for the baby.
36. Stroller accessories. These can range from toys and books for the baby to accessories for mom and dad, like cup and smartphone holders. Stroller covers, umbrellas, and even stroller hand muffs are great options for traveling with a baby in any weather condition.
Baby Shower Gift Basket Ideas
If you’re thinking that you’d like to give an impressive gift basket filled with lots of small, useful items, choose one of the following baby shower gift ideas. They fit into almost every budget, and are ideal for when the parents-to-be haven’t revealed whether they’re having a boy or girl:
37. Diapering gift basket. A practical and fun way to package several diapering-related gifts is to place them in a cute basket. To make the gift even more practical, you could use a diaper bag instead of a basket. You can easily fill the basket or diaper bag with useful baby shower gifts including diapers, wipes, diaper creams, lotions, changing pads, and more.
38. Toiletries gift basket. Fill a cute storage basket or even a baby bathtub with practical baby shower gifts featuring a bath-time theme. Shampoo, body wash, and lotion designed for infants are all essential. You could also add accessories such as a waterproof thermometer, some toy rubber ducks, and a soft towel to round out your baby shower gift basket.
39. Baby-friendly laundry essentials gift basket. New parents will soon discover that doing frequent loads of laundry is a necessity—babies can go through multiple outfits in just a day—and a selection of laundry supplies makes a nice gift. Look for a gentle detergent that won’t irritate a newborn’s delicate skin, and combine it with stain removers, laundry bags, and more. Mesh laundry bags are great for keeping socks, bibs, and other small baby items organized and intact. You might also like to include a laundry basket (which can double as the gift basket) for the nursery.
40. Cleaning supplies gift basket. With a new baby, messes are bound to happen, and every parent could use some help keeping things tidy. Gather a variety of cleaning products and sanitizers, and don’t forget some sponges, dust cloths, cleaning wipes, and a bucket or organizer (either of which can double as the gift basket).
41. Combination baby shower gift basket. Combine lots of smaller necessities in a lovely basket. These can include diapers, diaper cream, wipes, a burp cloth, body suits, pacifiers, a toy rattle, and more.
Personalized and Unique DIY Baby Shower Gifts
Handmade or personalized baby shower gifts come from the heart and can be unique and meaningful for the new parents. Also, if this is baby number two or three, the parents may already have most of the basics needed for a newborn, so a personalized gift might be more appealing. If you would love to get creative, consider one of these cute, cool, special, and thoughtful baby shower gift ideas:
42. Monthly milestone blanket. You don’t have to be a social media influencer to know these monthly milestone baskets are all the rage on social media. Even if the parents aren’t avid posters, you might like to get them this type of blanket so they can take monthly photos of their baby to track their growth. If you’re handy you can go one step further and personalize a plain blanket: Try embroidering it or painting it with non-toxic fabric paint.
43. Memory book. These books allow for a little creativity throughout the baby’s first year, as parents can jot down special milestones and add pictures. Once the baby is all grown up, the family will love looking back at this special keepsake, too.
44. Professional photo shoot. A photo shoot is sure to be a hit with the parents-to-be and will provide memories for years to come. There are many photographers who specialize in photographing babies, and you might like to allow the parents to select someone they feel comfortable with in their local area.
45. Baby books. It’s never too early for parents to start reading to their baby and having a nice selection of books at hand is key. Prepare a gift box of new or classic children’s books or add a personal touch by including some favorite titles from your own childhood.
46. Toys. Consider giving toys the baby can play with in the years to come. This means that as the baby gets older and is looking for something new to play with, the parents can simply reach for something that has been waiting on the shelf for just the right moment.
47. Diaper cakes. A DIY diaper cake is both fun and useful. Consider using various diaper sizes, so there’ll be plenty of diapers on hand for later, when the baby grows out of the smaller sizes. Avoid using hot glue to assemble the diaper cake so that the diapers will still be usable.
48. Handmade clothes. If you knit or sew, consider making clothes, socks, hats, or mittens for the baby.
49. Handmade art for the nursery. If you’re particularly creative, you may feel inspired to create a homemade baby shower gift in the form of a work of art to decorate the nursery. This could be a mural that you paint yourself or hire an artist to create the work. The simplest option could be purchasing wall decals that match the theme of the nursery.
50. Personalized baby shower gifts. Order a baby book or children’s book online that can be personalized with the baby’s name and date of birth. Buy a cotton playsuit or security blanket and personalize it by printing a message on the front or back. Or, have the child’s name stitched or embroidered onto a teddy bear or other plush toy.
51. Gift certificates. If you’re in any doubt or need a last-minute baby shower gift, purchase a gift certificate to a local baby store, or even a local supermarket. This is a great way to help parents purchase exactly what the need.
The Bottom Line
Your baby shower presents will be appreciated, no matter how big or small. So, don’t worry too much about what you end up selecting to buy for the parents-to-be. And our article about what to write in a baby shower card can help you personalize it even more!
Keep in mind that your gift doesn’t have to be geared toward the new baby; you can also purchase a baby shower gift for the mom-to-be.
If you happen to be the lucky one who is organizing the baby shower, then explore our baby shower category, which includes lots of exciting information on themes, games, invitations, and more.
Plus, take advantage of our baby shower planning checklist, which can help you organize the perfect shower with ease.
If you yourself are a parent of a young child, you might like to save on all your diapers and wipes purchases. Download the Pampers Club app today to get started earning cash back for those much-needed diapering supplies.
The Best Baby Shower Gifts of 2023
When a friend or loved one shares the wonderful news that they’re becoming a parent, you’ll go through a range of emotions—there’ll be plenty of excitement,maybe even a few happy tears… and then the realization that you have to find a baby shower gift—one that’s awesome, thoughtful, unique and useful for your friend and baby. Tall task? Before you sound the alarm, we’re here to help make the baby shower gift-buying process as easy as shopping online for yourself. Keep scrolling for our top tips on baby shower gift hunting and spending etiquette, plus a specially-curated list of our top choices for the best baby shower gifts for expecting parents.
In this article:
How to pick a good baby shower gift
How much to spend on baby shower gifts
The best baby shower gifts under $50
The best baby shower gifts over $50
How we chose the best baby shower gifts
How to Pick a Good Baby Shower Gift
The simplest way to choose a baby shower gift is to pick something that looks interesting or fits your budget from the couple’s baby registry and call it a day—most baby shower invitations will have all the details you’ll need, like if there’s a theme, what baby’s gender is (if the parents know) and where to find the registry.
It may also tell you if there’s a wishing well, which is a fun addition to some baby showers where guests bring an extra small trinket or two (think baby socks or diaper cream to toss into it). Sometimes the wishing well has its own theme, like “baby’s library,” so you can bring a new baby book along with your main baby shower gift.
But when it comes to baby shower etiquette, there’s no rule that says you have to stick to the registry, and sometimes a unique baby shower gift is the most memorable. If you choose to look off-registry for a good baby shower gift, you’ll want to think about what the recipient would appreciate. Are they design-savvy? Eco-conscious? Funny? Sentimental? Is this their first baby? Do they have lots of space or do they live in a small apartment? The best baby shower gift ideas are tailored to the wants and needs of the new parents. Even if you don’t order from the baby registry, take a look at it to get an idea of the colors and styles they like, and use that as a jumping-off point for what to buy (or you can always DIY if you’re the crafty type!).
How Much to Spend on Baby Shower Gifts
There’s no right or wrong amount to spend on a baby shower gift, so don’t feel pressured to hit a specific number. It comes down to how well you know the couple. If they’re a sibling or a close friend or family member, you might feel compelled to spend a bit more than you would on a baby shower gift for a coworker or more distant friend. But as long as your gift comes from the heart, you can be sure it’ll be the perfect present.
That being said, many shower guests see $50 as a natural spending threshold, after which you enter the more expensive items one might buy for a family member or particularly well-loved friend. To help you in your search, we’ve separated our recommended baby shower gifts into two spending categories, above and below this amount. Don’t be surprised if you find just the right baby shower gift off our list and add it to your shopping cart for instant checkout!
The Best Baby Shower Gifts Under $50
Hoping to keep your price point under $50? Below, we’ve listed our favorite baby shower gift ideas that won’t break the bank. Give them as a standalone gift and save some coin, or pair them with a baby shower gift basket or other item for a larger gift.
Teething ring toy
Sophie la Girafe “Sophiesticated” Ring Teether and Teething Toy
Even if you’re not a parent, you’re probably already acquainted with Sophie—this bestselling teether is dangling out of the mouths of every baby on the street. This gift set includes the must-have teething toy, along with a second teether with two handy rings for grasping. You can also buy the ring teether solo for an even less expensive option.
Periodic table wooden blocks
Uncommon Goods Periodic Table Building Blocks
Are one of the parents-to-be a teacher or a scientist? These wooden blocks are the ultimate unique baby shower gift to introduce a curious baby to the wonders of the universe. The colorful handcrafted set represents all 118 elements on the Periodic Table and is sure to make nerdy new parents smile.
Swaddle blanket gift set
Burt’s Bees Baby Starry Eyes Organic Muslin Swaddle Blankets, 3-Pack
Muslin swaddle blankets are possibly the most versatile baby essentials ever invented, making them some of the best baby shower gift ideas around. These super soft, lightweight swaddles not only help when tucking baby in at night, but they can also serve as car seat covers, nursing wraps, stroller shades, burp cloths and so much more. You’ll definitely want to grab a three-pack given how much use these multitaskers will get. We especially love that these are organic and come in classic, neutral prints.
Zutano Unisex Organic Cotton Gripper Baby Booties
Trust us: Every baby will eventually try to pull their socks off (most likely when you’re out and about and don’t want to lose one). That’s why a pair of stay-put booties make a great gender-neutral baby shower gift. Zutano’s double-snap ankle strap stretches to fit just right, so savvy parents swear these infant shoes stay on no matter what.
Uncommon Goods Taco Booties
Of course, some footwear just looks good enough to eat. If the parents-to-be are the type to never miss a Taco Tuesday, these irresistible booties are sure to get a chuckle. Baby’s feet will look just scrumptious in these handcrafted wool shoes that are totally photoshoot-worthy.
Baby healthcare and grooming kit
Fridababy Bitty Bundle of Joy
Forget every other toiletries kit out there—this is the stuff new parents really need. The NoseFrida (aka the snot sucker) has a reputation for being the most effective way to clear baby’s stuffy nose. This handy gift basket includes the famous NoseFrida, as well as a nail clipper, a peri bottle that makes a great baby shower gift for mom and even a tool to help baby pass gas—because practical baby shower gift baskets may not be the most glamorous option, but they can be the most useful.
Baby shower gift card
Amazon Gift Card
No matter how thoughtful all the shower attendees are, sometimes those baby essentials just slip through the cracks (and even if they don’t, parents will need to replace them when they run out!). Trust us, any new parent will be thankful for this lifesaver when they’re searching for the latest sleep solutions at 3 a. m!
Toy subscription service
Kiwi Co Panda Crate Subscription
Help baby learn through play with this researched-backed toy subscription service. Every two months, a box will arrive on the doorstep filled with developmental milestone-meeting toys, parenting tips and fun activities to try. And even better, this gift can fit any budget—a single box makes a great affordable option, or you can spend a little more on an ongoing bi-monthly subscription.
White noise stuffed sheep toy
Cloud B Sleep Sheep
This fuzzy little sheep is more than just a cute toy—it’s a new mom’s lifesaver. With relaxing white noise like mother’s heartbeat, spring showers, ocean surf and whale songs, it’s sure to calm baby down with the push of a button. Hang it outside the crib, stroller or car seat (it comes with Velcro tabs) and send baby off to dreamland. What could be better than the gift of sleep? There’s also a smaller, travel-sized edition for babies who need comfort on the road.
Rattle stuffed toy
Finn + Emma Rattle Buddy
Two all-time favorite baby playthings? Rattles and stuffed animals—and with Rattle Buddies, you get both in one adorable toy. Plus, these buddies (you can choose from two cute characters: a mermaid and a pirate, matey!) are made from organic cotton yarn and eco-friendly dyes, making parents happy too.
Dashing Fox Co. Moon and Stars Milestone Blanket
Baby will be “doing it for the ’gram” when they’re smiling on this adorable star and moon milestone blanket that can track their age from days old to years old. We love that this one allows you to choose the material, and how customizable date preferences let you display baby’s age: months, weeks, years or any combination thereof.
The Pillow Geek “Spit Happens” Llama Bib
Babies and llamas share two things in common: they’re both cute and they both spit a lot. (Sorry, we had to.) But at least baby will be spitting up in style with this funny bib!
Funny milestone book for parents
Welcome to the Club Book by Raquel D’Apice
If you’re a parent yourself, you may want to welcome your newfound comrade with a dose of reality and a side of humor. This book from the comedian behind the popular parenting blog The Ugly Volvo covers the all-too-real milestones they’ll soon be “celebrating,” like the first time baby headbutts you in the lip. Ouch!
Baby milestone cards
Loved By Jacob Baby Milestone Cards
The best part of parenting? Watching baby complete all those amazing “firsts.” Parents can snap a photo of baby with these beautiful illustrated cards to keep track of every big milestone, from smiling to sitting up. There’s even the option to add a personalized storage bag and matching journal to keep track of all those precious moments.
Animal-themed hooded towel
The Knot Shop Animal Face Hooded Towel
Want to win big with the baby shower crowd? This adorable, personalized critter bath towel is an instant thumbs-up. Whether you choose the dapper fox, complete with a bow tie and glasses, or a silver-maned unicorn they make excellent baby shower gifts for boys and girls alike.
Silicone food mat
ezpz Silicone Mini Mat
Even with the wiliest of babies, parents will get through dinnertime in peace with ezpz’s Mini Mat. Not only do the separate food compartments make a fun smiley face, but the mat also suctions to the table to prevent spills. Peace out, food tantrums! Plus, take 15 percent off sitewide with the code BUMP15.
Food delivery gift card
GrubHub Gift Card
One of the best baby shower gift ideas that new parents can put to good use on day one? A food delivery gift card. Trust us, they’ll be so busy taking care of baby that they’ll barely have time to feed themselves. Take care of them with a baby shower gift card that can get food delivered right to their door. Grubhub and DoorDash are both great options, depending on what’s available in your area.
Helpful baby manual
The Baby Owner’s Manual by Louis and Joe Borgenicht
Sometimes parents just wish babies came with a manual. Well, now they do! This book shares plenty of useful information about baby’s first year, from “programming sleep mode” to “emergency maintenance,” through humorous instructions and diagrams that make it fun and easy to read.
Stainless steel mug
PeppermintLynn “Mama Bear” Stainless Steel Mug
Help a new mom keep her coffee from going cold—again—with this stylish insulated mug. Not only is it cute, it’s also super practical. You know mom-to-be is going to need extra caffeine soon enough, and this personalized baby shower gift will save her many trips to the microwave.
Pack of swaddle blankets
SwaddleMe Easy Change Swaddle, 2-Pack
Many babies sleep better swaddled, but the advanced origami required to create the perfect baby burrito with a traditional blanket can be tricky, especially during a diaper change at 2 a.m. These Velcro swaddles are a foolproof way for even sleep-deprived parents to get the perfect wrap, which is why this two-pack for under $25 is such a great baby shower gift.
Book collection gift set
Peter Rabbit Book Collection Gift Set
Help the new parents start building baby’s library with this quartet of Beatrix Potter classics, including the famed Tale of Peter Rabbit. They’re all perfect bedtime stories, beautifully illustrated and will look lovely sitting on baby’s bookshelf.
Matching gamer-themed T-shirt and bodysuit
The Shirt Lounge Gamer Dad Matching T-Shirt and Bodysuit
This is one of the best baby shower gifts for dads who love their Xbox. Any gamer would want to celebrate his ultimate achievement with this matching T-shirt and baby bodysuit set. There are three color options and a wide range of sizes to suit any daddy-and-me combo.
The Best Baby Shower Gifts Over $50
Looking to splash out a bit more for an upcoming baby shower? We’ve got you covered with this collection of some of the best baby shower gifts over $50. From prenatal body products that hover right at the price threshold to luxe baby items that far surpass it, you’re sure to find the inspiration you need right here.
Neoprene diaper backpack
Dagne Dover Dakota Neoprene Backpack
Some of the best baby shower gifts are ones that help your friends ease into parenthood while still feeling like themselves. This stylish satchel looks so cool, no one will even know it’s a diaper bag until parents start pulling out the nappies. The backpack silhouette allows for handsfree wrangling and comes fully loaded with all the accessories needed on an outing with baby, including a changing mat, stroller clips and extra pouches for storing all of baby’s tiny things. There’s even a built-in laptop sleeve!
4 Moms MamaRoo Multi-Motion Baby Swing
Parents of fussy babies swear by this high-tech baby seat that mimics a real person’s movements. The five different motion settings can help soothe and calm baby when Mom’s arms just need a rest. It’ll even connect to a smartphone so parents can switch up the sound and motion settings with ease.
Baby photo journal
The Story of You Baby Book
Baby’s first year is filled with amazing moments—ones that parents won’t want to forget. This classic photo journal helps them document those precious memories, all bound in a beautiful foil-stamped fabric cover.
ErgoBaby Omni 360 Cool Air Baby Carrier
Toting baby around isn’t easy on the back, unless you use a carrier designed to take the pressure off. That’s why the ErgoBaby Omni 360 is a good baby shower gift for parents on the go. With four different carrying positions, padded shoulder straps and a wide waist belt, this workhorse can adjust to fit any parent and any baby (it’s designed to be used from birth, as long as baby is at least seven pounds). And the Cool Air version is a particularly good choice, with mesh cutouts to keep baby cool and comfortable.
Ugg Men’s Ascot Slipper
All those late nights up changing diapers and pacing the floor to get baby back to sleep call for some extra cozy footwear for Dad. These super plush slippers are made from supple suede with Ugg’s signature wool lining that’ll keep dad comfortable for hours at a time (but let’s just hope it doesn’t come to that!).
Multi-use play mat
Lovevery Play Gym
This play mat was designed by child development experts to keep baby engaged, entertained and learning throughout their whole first year. The amount of options to switch out based on baby’s age and stage make this activity gym super customizable and sure to see hours of play and tummy time. Bonus: Its stylish design will look right at home on the living room rug without being an eyesore.
Comfy layette set
Kissy Kissy Garden Roses Take Me Home Layette Set
Help baby make that first public appearance in style with this four-piece, 100 percent cotton set, which includes a footed sleeper, an adorable cardigan, a bib and a hat. The feminine floral print is a great baby shower gift for a girl, while the brand also offers an aviator theme for boys.
DockATot Deluxe+ Dock — La Vie en Rose
An all-in-one baby shower gift, this comfy pod provides parents with a safe place to put baby for some playtime—a breathable, washable, plush docking station—plus an optional archway of dangling toys (sold separately) to keep little ones entertained. It’s available in a variety of colors and patterns, with additional covers available if you feel like changing the appearance.
Personalized growth chart
TwoDayDecor Personalized Wooden Growth Chart
Whether you need a baby shower gift for a boy or a girl, this wall-mounted wooden ruler is a great way to measure baby’s growth throughout the years. Personalizable with baby’s name, weight and birth date, this three-foot ruler is a baby shower gift that will stay with the family for years to come.
Seraphine Ultra-Soft Maternity and Nursing Loungewear Set
Whether it’s during pregnancy, at the hospital or recovering at home, any new mom can benefit from a comfortable, cute pair of PJs. This versatile set from Seraphine can take her from the third trimester all the way to late-night nursing sessions in style, making it one of the best baby shower gifts for Mom.
Skincare set for moms
Tubby Todd Mama Gift Set
Pregnancy and postpartum skin require a little extra TLC, so why not give a mom-to-be a gentle and pregnancy-safe pampering kit? This three-piece set from Tubby Todd includes belly oil, hand cream and an organic nipple balm to soothe tenderness from nursing.
My Brest Friend Deluxe Nursing Pillow
Whether the mom-to-be is planning on breastfeeding or not, this uniquely shaped feeding pillow can save her back with its multiple uses. This foam core wraparound pillow supports Mom and baby for nursing or bottle-feeding, cuddling or even napping (it’ll also save Mom’s arms during those times when baby refuses to be put down). The handy pouch is a great place to store all of her feeding essentials, or even her phone or a book.
Digital picture frame
Aura Carver Digital Picture Frame
Help the new parents stay connected with baby even when they’re away from home with this elegant and ingenious smart photo frame. It connects to your smartphone and uses facial recognition to automatically prepopulate the frame with the people you photograph the most (aka baby!). Plus, you can choose to send photos to the frame with the Family Share feature.
Tactical diaper backpack
Tactical Gear Diaper Bag
This rough-and-tumble diaper bag is just what a rugged dad-to-be needs for his outings with baby. The front zips down completely, so he can see everything at a glance, and the back transforms into an attached changing mat. They can even swap out the removable name patch on the front depending on who’s carrying it: Mommy or Daddy.
Storage hoodie for dads
The Dad Hoodie
Here’s another clever baby shower gift for new dads. With this innovative (and, let’s face it, sort of hilarious) hoodie, he’ll have everything he needs close at hand. For the man who hates carrying a bag, the Dad Hoodie is chock full of compartments to stash everything from extra diapers and wipes to baby bottles. The super stretchy mesh lining helps to keep Dad cool and store whatever he’ll need.
Cotton layette set
Baby MORI Baby Starter Set
This 100 percent organic cotton layette from Baby MORI comes with everything the new parents will need for dressing and taking care of baby in those precious early days. The 12-piece set includes two footed sleepers, two long-sleeved onesies, a sleep sack and lots of other essentials, like a hat, bath towel and bath mitt. Choose from several different attractive color and pattern options.
Mountable baby monitor
Nanit Pro Smart Baby Monitor and Wall Mount
Bunny Hopkins Nordic Rocker
Sure, baby won’t be able to use this beautiful wooden rocker right away, but we promise it’ll give some serious bang for its buck as baby grows. This Montessori climbing arch is made of smooth, sustainable wood for a toy that’s environmentally friendly and stable enough for even the roughest play. They’re sure to find a bunch of different and imaginative ways to interact with this great toy.
Glass feeding bottle gift set
Phillips Avent Glass Bottle Gift Se
Phillips Avent bottles are among the highest-rated and most popular bottles on the market today. In fact, we rated them the Best Overall bottle on our round-up of the best baby bottles on the market. This gift set features two large and three small glass bottles (complete with nipples) and two silicone safety sleeves—everything the new parents will need to get started feeding baby (with some to spare for when those dishes inevitably pile up!).
How We Chose the Best Baby Shower Gifts
In order to choose the best baby shower gifts, we simply considered the things we’d like to receive if it were our own shower. We rounded up a collection that contains both useful items as well as whimsical ones, because hey—parenthood has to be fun and lighthearted sometimes (hello, taco booties!). And of course, anything that helps with essential tasks like feeding baby and putting them down for a restful night of sleep is a sure bet for the best baby shower gifts for new parents. We only chose items with four-star reviews or higher for our round-up, including a few of our staff’s tried-and-true favorites.
Interested in learning more about our editorial process? Read about how our team develops and reviews all articles here.
Plus, more from The Bump:
20 baby shower gifts
Don’t know what gift to buy for a baby shower? See offers for 20 gifts at different prices!
Partying for children is a tradition that came to us from the United States. These types of appointments are organized before birth. The expectant mother meets with the closest women — mothers, sisters or friends and, according to tradition, receives gifts from them.
Baby shower gifts — expectant mother
Gifts for the expectant mother will make the last weeks of pregnancy and the first months with the baby easier. Playpen sleeping croissant — an absolute hit for pregnant women! It facilitates the work of the spine, improves overall sleep comfort, and can also be used after pregnancy. An equally useful gift is a set of cosmetics designed for pregnant women, which affects the most common problems of this period — cellulite, stretch marks or swelling of the legs.
1. Nore Wallabo, multifunctional trolley bag, about PLN 250; 2. Maternity, nursing pillow, PLN 69; 3. Maternity, sleeping arena, PLN 159; 4. Bielenda, Sexy Mama cosmetic set; 5. WhyCry, baby cry interpreter, PLN 269; 6. Freestyle Classic Toms, beige baby carrier, PLN 150
Gifts for the shower — practical
Practical gifts always work when we don’t have an idea for something more personal. The ultimate diaper set, warm swaddling, a thin blanket or a set of bottles and nipples are essential items for every new mother and newborn baby.
1. Pampers, Maxi Active Baby diapers, 132 pcs, Approximately PLN 115; 2. Medela, bottle with teat, approx. PLN 60; 3. Fisher Price, teether toy, PLN 17.90; 4. Kushi, swaddling, PLN 150; 5. Peekaboo, blue blanket, PLN 129; 6. NUK soothing teat; 7. Mothercare, Innosense Set
Baby Shower Gifts — For Babies
You can also wear sweet gadgets or clothes for the soon-to-be-born baby. Stylish toys, body kit or maybe Owl-shaped plush bedside lamp which not only overcomes children’s fear of the dark, but also can be hugged? There are plenty to choose from!
1. Zara, beige loafers with bow, PLN 89.90; 2. Latitude Enfant, night light with plush owl, about PLN 85; 3. zpotrzebypiekna.pl, Karolcia plush mouse, PLN 82; 4. Zara, hoodie set with rabbit, PLN 109; 5. TK Maxx, plush lamb, approx. PLN 24.90; 6. Mothercare, set of 3 bodysuits, PLN 49.90; 7. Vader, study house, PLN 17.70
Share your baby shower gift ideas!
Gifts for the soul in Obninsk: 500 items: free shipping, 66% discount [click here] 003 Clothing and footwear
Clothing and footwear
Health and beauty
Health and beauty
Textile and leather
Textile and leather
Food and drink
Food and drink 90 003 Children’s goods
Home and garden
Home and garden
Furniture and interior
Gift for a man from original gel for soul 9 0143 500 ml, handmade soaps and washcloths. Present to a colleague, friend, dad, brother, coach, teacher. Gift set for men.
Gift for a man gel for soul men gift set cool Type: Gel 901 42 for shower , Size: Length
Gift for mom, grandmother, colleague, girlfriend, woman friend Set Molton Brown Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel gel for soul 9014 3 and body lotion 30 ml.
Gift for a man! Gel for shower , handmade soap, washcloth ball, honey-soufflé, for any occasion
Watering can shower for hairdresser sinks + head massage brush in Gift ! Type: Parts for
9 STORE350 ml Type: Glass,
Souvenir night light «Tree of love» ( The soul of is full of love) Type: Souvenir, Size: Length 20. 000 Width 25.000
TO STORE 90 003
Automatic shower WaterLine Delta V Watering can in gift
Lamp «Girlfriend is one soul !» Type: Souvenir, Size: Length 20.000 Width 25.000 Height
Female gift cosmetic with shower gel for shower , soap, bath bomb, shampoo and washcloth SPA from Beige box on March 8, Birthday
Mug PHOTO HOUSE «Mother you are my soul » / gift mother/ 33 0 ml Type: Souvenir, Size: Length 12.000 Width
Women’s gift cosmetic with gel for shower , bath salt, sulfate-free spa shampoo from Beig e box for March 8, Birthday
Watering can shower for hairdresser’s wash + head massage brush in Gift ! Type: Parts for
Gift Set for Women Dream Nature Micellar Shampoo 250 ml + shower gel , 250 Type:
MIXIT New Year’s gift moisturizing and perfume gel set for shower , for body, hand and foot SPA RITUALS
gifts for 9 0143 showers / Eau de toilette Yves Rocher Ispahan, 15 ml, gifts for showers Type: eau de toilette,
-12% shower WaterLine Delta V Watering can in gift Manufacturer: Water Line
Camping shower , portable for hike, for tourism, portable shower for garden, gift for relatives and relatives no brand
Universal Gift .