51 New Baby Wishes + Printables: What to Write in a Card
Welcoming a baby into the world is an exciting experience, and there’s no better way to congratulate the new parents than with a thoughtful card! It’s important to come up with the perfect message to write inside your card, so we’ve put together a collection of meaningful ideas and quotes to include for different scenarios, plus printable ones to make it easier.
Additionally, sending along new baby flowers with your card will make your message go the extra mile and help inspire the new mom. From what to say to a new baby boy or girl to funny messages, these new baby wishes and printable cards are the perfect messages to send along to your friends and loved ones.
What to Write in a New Baby Card
If you’re not sure where to start when crafting your new baby card, here are some general tips to make your card and well wishes stand out from the crowd.
Include the parents: Be sure to remember to wish both the parents and the baby well in your card.
Address both the parents: If you’re sending the new baby wishes to the parents, be sure to include both parents if applicable.
Avoid touchy subjects: Make sure you avoid details about the birth, parenting advice, or mention the possibility of future children in your card.
Send a bouquet or gift: If you know the parents well, feel free to send along a bouquet of flowers or a gift with your card for an extra sweet touch!
Simple New Baby Wishes
If you’re unsure how to express your sentiments, going with a simple new baby wish is a good start. Whether you’re sending the card to a close friend or a colleague, these simple sentiments are great for any occasion.
1. “So happy for you three. That’s going to be one lucky baby!”
2. “Congratulations on your new arrival. Good luck with your next great adventure.”
3. “Wishing you many congratulations on your new bundle of joy.”
4. “Wishing you many congratulations on the birth of your daughter/son.”
5. “What a very lucky baby! I can’t wait to see her/his beautiful smile.”
6. “Well done on creating a mini human being. Let the noise begin!”
7. “Really happy for you both. Bring on the dirty nappies and sleepless nights!”
New Baby Boy Wishes
Celebrating a newborn is a big deal! These cute well wishes and congratulations are great examples of what to say to someone who has just welcomed their newborn baby boy. Pair your card with a sweet baby boy bouquet to send extra love.
8. “Congratulations on the arrival of your son! At last, all your wishes came true. May the little guy be blessed with good health, happiness, and prosperity throughout his life.”
9. “I know you couldn’t wait to see your baby boy, and finally he is here. Congratulations on becoming a mom to such a cute little boy.”
10. “Congratulations on becoming parents; he is indeed a cute and healthy boy. ”
11. “Buckle up for those sleepless nights, diaper changes, and the endless joy of parenting. Welcome to the club and congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy.”
12. “Welcome to the latest addition to the family. He is the first boy in the family, and we cannot wait to pamper and spoil him with all our love.”
13. “Hey there, new mom! Congratulations on the arrival of the little guy. Heard he is the cutest baby in the hospital. Cannot wait to see him.”
14. “As soon as I saw your baby boy, he gave me a big smile. Then itself I realized he is a spitting image of you. Congratulations buddy.”
15. “Hooray! It is a baby boy. I am so happy for you guys and cannot wait to see the little guy. Congratulations!”
16. “Sending you loads of good wishes and endless love for your little prince. Congratulations on becoming a father.”
17. “Just heard the news, congratulations and all the best to you both. May your little boy grow up to be great and successful. ”
18. “Finally, the day has come and your baby boy is in your hands. I am sure you will be extremely happy. Congratulations and hope to see the little prince soon.”
19. “The most amazing part of becoming a parent is being blessed to see a little of yourself in your baby boy every day.”
20. “Good wishes to you and your family on the birth of your baby boy.”
New Baby Girl Wishes
Did someone close to you welcome a new baby girl? Send them your well wishes with these heartfelt and cheery messages. Also, consider pairing your card with a baby girl bouquet for a unique touch.
21. “Finally the princess has arrived. I still remember how anxious you were to meet her, and I am also sure she will become your best friend. Congrats!”
22. “May your life become colorful and filled with happiness and joy because today your best friend for life has arrived. Congrats on the birth of your baby girl.”
23. “Wonderful news about your new baby girl! I am sure she will bring tons of joy and happiness in your life. Congratulations and lots of love to the little princess.”
24. “So happy to hear the arrival of your baby girl, we are excited to be able to watch the little girl grow up and become a remarkable woman. Congratulations once again.”
25. “The boss lady has arrived! Can’t wait to see her grow up and take over the house. She will be the apple of our eyes.”
26. “Start the magical journey of parenthood with your baby girl, cherish every second with her. Congratulations on becoming parents.”
27. “Daughters are always special; she will also be a daddy’s little girl and mommy’s best buddy. Congrats on being blessed with such an angel.”
28. “The long wait is done, and your baby girl is in your hands. Never miss a moment of her life, as they are the epitome of joy and happiness.”
29. “Congrats brother! You are now a father to a cute little angel.”
30. “Get ready for the journey of a lifetime. Becoming parents for a baby girl is the most blessed experience. Congrats to you and your family. ”
Funny New Baby Wishes
Welcoming a new baby is an exciting time for a parent, but it also can be stressful. Lighten the mood with a funny message to make them laugh.
31. “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck, are the arms of your children.”
32. “A toddler can do more in one unsupervised moment than most people can do all day.
33. Now your world is about to change. A new baby will make your love stronger, home happier, days shorter, nights longer and bank account emptier. Best wishes for the future!”
34. “Congrats! Your baby is cuter than the other babies.”
35. “You made a tiny human. Congratulations!”
36. “Sleep is overrated, babies are not. Congrats!”
37. “Congratulations on your new baby! We can do something fun together in 18 years.”
38. “Raising kids is part joy and part guerrilla warfare. Have fun and congrats!”
39. “Goodbye tummy – hello mummy!”
New Baby Quotes
Looking to switch things up in your new baby card? Here are some thoughtful quotes that are perfect to include for the occasion.
40. “Children have neither past nor future. They enjoy the present, which very few of us do.” — Jean De La Bruyère
41. “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” — Lish McBride
42. “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” — Tina Brown
43. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
44. “Welcome to the world, little one. So thrilled that you arrived safely! See you soon!”
45. “Children make you want to start life over.” —Muhammad Ali
46. “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” — Franklin P. Jones
47. “A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad.” —John Andrew Holmes
48. “Sleep when your baby sleeps. Everyone knows this classic tip, but I say why stop there? Scream when your baby screams. Take Benadryl when your baby takes Benadryl. And walk around pantless when your baby walks around pantless.” — Tina Fey
49. “A baby changes your dinner party conversation from politics to poops.” — Maurice Johnston
50. “People who say, they sleep like a baby, usually don’t have one.” — Leo Burke
51. “Make no mistake about why these babies are here—they are here to replace us.” — Jerry Seinfeld
If you’re looking for the right words for your new baby card, these thoughtful wishes and quotes will help parents feel celebrated for bringing their little one into the world. Additionally, sending along a bouquet of flowers or push present with your card will make them feel extra special for their achievement
What to write in a new baby card
Welcoming a new arrival is one of the most heart-warming things you can do. Whether you’re congratulating a friend, family member, or colleague, what you write in a baby card should be meaningful — the family could cherish it for years to come.
Be inspired by our suggestions on what to write in a baby card and help the lucky family celebrate this special time. From simple to thoughtful, funny to sincere, there’s an idea for every type of message and recipient.
How to write a card for a newborn baby
Whatever message you write in your new baby card, make sure it’s full of love and warmth.
This time is a happy and exciting moment for the expanding family, so they’ll want to receive a wishing of congratulations, luck, and kindness. Here’s how to write the best card for a newborn baby.
- Address the recipients: Decide if you want to address the whole family, the parents, or just the mother if you plan to do something extra special for her.
- Add your congratulations: Include a simple, funny, or thoughtful message. What you choose largely depends on how close you are to the family and what they will appreciate most.
- Write a message of support: It’s touching to add a message of support for the new parents, either sentimental or with a touch of humour.
- Sign off: Remember to sign the card so they know who it’s from. The family will likely receive many good wishes over the first few weeks.
If you know the child’s name, it’s nice to include this, as it will be the first time the family sees their new addition featured in a card.
An excellent keepsake idea is to address the card to the baby itself. New parents will get so much joy from reading the card to their newborn, creating a special moment for the family.
In terms of what to write, you can’t go wrong with simple, heartwarming messages like these:
- Many congratulations on your new bundle of joy.
- Congratulations on your new arrival. Good luck with this new adventure!
- Congratulations on your beautiful new baby! We are all so very happy for you.
- Welcome to the world, little one. Thrilled you arrived safely, and I can’t wait to meet you soon!
- So happy for the three/four/five of you. Congratulations!
- Wishing you many congratulations on the birth of your beautiful new baby.
- Wishing you moments of joy with your new little baby.
- Wishing both you and your new baby all the best. Congratulations!
- So many happy and wonder-filled times ahead for you…congratulations.
- Welcome to the world, little one! So thrilled you’re here!
- What a fortunate baby. Congratulations!
What to write in a new baby girl card
Sometimes it’s nice to make your card more gender specific, especially if you’re closer to the family or they would appreciate congratulations on their new baby boy or girl.
For example, if the couple shared the baby’s sex at a baby shower or gender reveal party, tailoring your newborn card to mention this is a considerate addition.
Here are some lovely examples of what to write in a new baby girl card.
- Here’s to a bubbly baby girl to love and spoil. Congratulations!
- Sugar and spice, may your new baby girl bring you everything nice!
- Congratulations on the birth of your pretty little girl! I wish this sweetheart a lot of health, joy and love.
- Congratulations! I have no doubts you will shower your little angel with love, and I can’t wait to meet her!
- Warmest congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl!
- A baby girl! Get ready for lots of laughter and noise, big hugs and joy.
What to write in a new baby boy card
If the family are welcoming a new baby boy, these touching messages are sure to warm their hearts:
- Oh boy! We can’t wait to meet your little guy.
- Here’s to lots of fun and joy with your little boy!
- May your baby boy bring you loads of joy and excitement.
- Congratulations on your gorgeous baby boy! We wish you every happiness.
- Congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy. I cannot wait to meet him.
- Best wishes on your new baby boy! This little guy will change your world in the best possible way.
What to write in a new baby card for twins
Double trouble, yet twice as nice! A unique message is required if your friend or family members welcome twins.
Be inspired by these suggestions:
- Wishing you double the congratulations.
- Now you have two reasons to smile!
- Double the baby, double the excitement, and double the trouble!
- We can’t wait to see double the cuteness.
- A double dose of love! What could be better?
- Born with a friend — how fun is that? Congratulations!
What to write in a new baby card from grandparents
If the lucky family only chooses one or two newborn cards to keep, it’s likely to be those from the grandparents.
Grandparents have an extraordinary role to play, which is why it’s nice for their message to mention this closeness:
- We are overjoyed to welcome our baby’s very own baby into the world.
- Babies don’t come with instruction manuals. But that’s what grandparents are for!
- We are so excited about making lasting memories with our new grandbaby.
- Remember, you can’t return them when they misbehave, but you can always drop them off with us!
- We’ve baby-proofed the house, practised lullabies, and can’t wait to be incredible grandparents to [child’s name].
What to write in an adoption baby card
While the way an adopted baby enters a family may differ, the love and excitement surrounding the parents are just as strong.
Share this new journey and offer your congratulations with these special messages:
- This precious baby was meant for you, and you for them — warmest congratulations to your beautiful family.
- So proud of your family for making this baby’s life a good one, and so happy for you and all the wonder coming your way. Congratulations!
- I love seeing your dream come true like this. Definitely worth the wait!
- You’re going to make your baby’s life so wonderful. They are lucky to have you.
- You must be over the moon to finally hold your mini-human in your arms!
- Congratulations on your beautiful baby. We are so glad to hear they arrived home safely.
Funny messages to write a new baby card
Some parents may appreciate a touch of humour in their newborn card, especially if you’re closer to the family and want to include a funny, unique message.
Sarcasm and joke warnings, such as the following, always go down well in new baby cards:
- Congrats on b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶9̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶b̶e̶r̶ your new baby!
- Welcome to the new world, little one — tell your parents I’ll see them in 18 years.
- Congrats mummy & daddy… let the noise begin!
- Congratulations on your new toilet machine.
- Welcome to the world of Parenthood — the only place you can experience heaven and hell at the same time!
- Sleep is overrated. You’ve got this.
What to write in a new baby card for difficult circumstances
When a birth is difficult or the new baby is still going through challenging circumstances, sending heart-warming messages of hope and joy is integral.
It’s best not to address specific issues but instead allow your words the power to restore confidence and wish them well.
Stay kind and optimistic with these sincere messages:
- Sending our congratulations on the birth of your baby. Keeping the whole family in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.
- Sending you happy and hopeful thoughts for your lives together.
- Congratulations! I wish you could spend these early weeks getting to know your baby at home, but it’s good to know they are getting the care they need.
- A warm, happy welcome to baby and lots of love and healing thoughts.
Mariah enjoys typing articles for our blog on her laptop but she’d much rather be writing them by hand with a luxury fountain pen!
Quotes from the book «The Boy Who Was Raised Like a Dog» — Litres
Fire can warm or incinerate, water can quench thirst or drown, the wind can caress or pierce through. It’s the same with human relationships: we can equally create and destroy, care for and intimidate, hurt and heal each other.
The main lessons these children taught me are relevant for everyone. After all, if we want to better understand the impact of trauma, we must know what human memory is. To understand the process of healing from trauma, we need to understand how children learn to love, how they cope with difficulties, and how stress affects them. By recognizing the devastating impact of violence and threats on our ability to love and work, we can come to understand ourselves better and care for others, especially children.
Work brings us together with people at those moments in their lives when they are most upset, lonely, saddened, frightened or offended. However, most of the stories in this book are stories of success, survival, and triumph over circumstances.
security. Parents have a natural desire to protect their children, but we need to stop and ask ourselves if these protective aspirations have gone too far. After all, the safest playground has no swings, steep slides, hard surfaces, and other kids…and no fun. A child’s brain is shaped by gradual and repeated training. If a child does not have the opportunity to test their strengths in overcoming minor risks and facing the consequences of their choices, they will not be ready to make larger decisions with far-reaching consequences in the future. In today’s «safety culture,» we tightly control and guide our children from infancy through high school, and then let them loose and give them complete freedom in college (although some parents try to sneak in there as well).
If we want to raise healthy children who are resilient to any traumatic life experience (and about 40% of children have at least one potentially traumatic experience before they enter adulthood), then we need to build a healthier society.
To a Martian — or even to many people who do not have children of their own — the behavior of a normal mother may seem like a mystery. What motivates parents to give up healthy sleep, sex, socializing with friends, personal time, and just about every other pleasure in life in order to satisfy the demands of a small, irrationally noisy, intemperate, and annoying creature? The secret is that taking care of children in many ways is an indescribable pleasure.
Relationships are a force for change, and the most powerful therapy is human love.
Fear literally makes us dumber; this quality provides the fastest reactions in the shortest time and promotes momentary survival
The truth is that you can never love yourself if you do not feel the love of other people. The capacity for love cannot be developed in isolation from society.
This constant emphasis on competition is crowding out the lessons of cooperation, empathy, and altruism that are critical to mental health and social cohesion.
Funny quotes phrases about the New Year
Do you want to cheer up your guests? Write funny New Year quotes from our selection on pieces of paper, put the papers in a hat or in a box and invite guests to pull out one quote at a time. They will definitely like it.
Also pieces of paper with funny quotes can be hung on the Christmas tree, on a separate garland or just on the wall.
Quote No. 1
Morning of January 1, phone call:
— And hello to you too, good man…
How was the New Year?
— That is, how did it go?!!!
— Oh, hello! Happy New Year! That is, how is it “already the tenth” ?!
“New Year! New Year!!! NEW YEAR!!!» the liver screamed in horror.
Quote No. 5
In 2021, all galley slaves will have strong state support and unprecedented career growth.
Quote No. 6
On New Year’s Eve, fifty people and fourteen snowmen were brought to the sobering-up station. The cause of the police error is being investigated.
Quote No. 7
Everything comes true on New Year’s Eve, even things that cannot be done at other times.
Quote No. 8
On the night of December 31 to January 1, fate opens the doors to a new life for you, but how difficult it is to get into them at this time!
Quote No. 9
Somewhere between the sixth strike of the chimes and the fifth of January, it is not known how three or four kilograms are gained, which disappeared by a millimeter throughout the previous year.
Quote No. 10
It is a sin to celebrate the New Year with debts. I called everyone and reminded them. After all, it’s a pity for them …
— Grandfather Frost, come out! shouted, dancing, the children near the toilet.
If you see a sober Santa Claus, it’s most likely Santa Claus.
Quote No. 13
If you want your children to celebrate the New Year at home, go to visit.
Quote No. 14
Whoever you go to on New Year’s Eve, everyone’s tables are bursting from the financial crisis.
Quote No. 15
As the popular saying goes: if during the chiming clock you have time to write a wish on a piece of paper, then burn this piece of paper, and throw the ashes into a glass of champagne and drink it, then the next morning you are guaranteed … heartburn.
Quote No. 16
How you celebrate the New Year, so you should!
Quote No. 17
Calendar: 1. January 2. Figvral 3. Nightmare 4. Soprel 5. Symai 6. Teplyun 7. Zharyul 8. August 9. Sluntyabr 10. October 11. Gnovember 12. Oak.
Quote No. 18
The boy made a mistake: instead of Lapland, he called Sicily and ordered Santa Claus.
Quote No. 19
Doctors say: 5 glasses of vodka reduce the risk of a bad New Year’s Eve by half.
Quote No. 20
Everyone put on different masks for the New Year: some of the bunny, some of the chanterelles … And only the system administrator put on his favorite: 255.255.255.0
Quote No. 21
The beginning of January for Russians coincides with the beginning of the month «drabadan».
Quote No. 22
Santa Claus is not real… Some sober…
Quote No. 23
New Year’s mood is when you are glad to see even those who made the wrong door.
Quote No. 24
New Year’s Eve of the security forces. Masked ball
New Year’s — tangerine in my mouth.
Quote No. 26
Santa Claus — Olivier in my nose.
Quote No. 27
The New Year has passed, but the sediment remains . ..
Quote No. 28
The New Year is a success, if on January 1st you are ashamed, but you don’t remember in front of whom …
Quote No. 29 900 31
January 1st — the shortest day of the year! As soon as you get up, it’s already getting dark…
Quote No. 30
I remember we were celebrating the New Year and someone forgot to open the champagne…
Quote No. 31
A rare Snow Maiden will fly to the middle of the fire.
Quote No. 32
With whom you meet the New Year, you get drunk with it!
Quote No. 33
The most secret decree of the President is called «On ensuring at least some defense capability of the country at 5 o’clock in the morning on January 1 of each year.»
Now, kids, there will be a competition for the best poem! The one who brings the corkscrew first wins!
No matter how much Santa Claus poi, he won’t forget his sack…