100 Boy Mom Quotes That Will Warm Your Heart
What is it like being a boy mom? Sometimes this special title is hard to put into words, but our favorite boy mom quotes explain it all so well! While I’m a mom of both a boy and a girl, my son was my firstborn, so being a boy mom was how I experienced first-time motherhood. My little boy is the first miracle I made, and I wear my boy mom title with pride.
I am now a mom to the best five-year-old boy ever. He blasts me with Nerf gun darts but also covers me in kisses. He leaves millions of Legos scattered around the house but also asks me to sing “Moon River” when I’m tucking him in bed at night.
Whether it shows the humorous side of being a boy mom or the sweet love-you-so-much-it-hurts side, these boy mom quotes are sure to be something you can relate to if you’ve got a special little boy in your life.
Some of the best boy mom quotes come from literature. Classics like Peter Pan and Pinocchio and modern favorites like Harry Potter give sweet and poetic quotes for boy moms. Other literary quotes are from well-known authors concerning their own life, both as a mother and a son. These are our favorite literary boy mom quotes:
Literary Boy Mom Quotes
1. There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy’s life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure. — Mark Twain
2. Little boys should never be sent to bed. They always wake up a day older. — J.M. Barrie
3. And she loved a little boy very, very much – even more than she loved herself. — Shel Silverstein
4. Prove yourself brave, truthful, and unselfish, and someday you will be a real boy. — Pinocchio
5. A boy’s story is the best that is ever told. — Charles Dickens
6. Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged. — Louisa May Alcott
7. Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t soar free. — C.J. Milbrandt
8. If you would have your son walk honorably through the world, you must not attempt to clear the stones from his path but teach him to walk firmly over them – not insist upon leading him by the hand, but let him learn to go alone. — Anne Bronte
9. There is an enduring tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart. — Washington Irving
10. Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life. — Sophocles
11. Men are what their mothers made them. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. I have a son who is my heart. A wonderful young man, daring and loving and strong and kind. — Maya Angelou
13. He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. — J.K. Rowling
14. Most young men are such bores. They haven’t lived long enough to learn that they are not the wonders to the world they are to their mothers. —L.M. Montgomery
15. Mothers are inscrutable beings to their sons, always. — A.E. Coppard
16. When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth. — Mitch Albom
Boy Mom Quotes from Celebrities
Celebrities, including actors, musicians, and historical figures, have given us some excellent boy mom quotes. Some are written from the boy’s point of view, showing the sweet relationship between mother and son. Check out our favorite boy mom quotes by celebrities and other important figures:
1. I like unkempt; I don’t mind if I have holes in my jacket or whatever. I think people should look more the way they feel. — Chris Robinson
2. The boy who is going to make a great man must not make up his mind merely to overcome a thousand obstacles but to win in spite of a thousand repulses and defeats. — Theodore Roosevelt
3. Children love their mothers. Especially with a boy child and his mother, there’s a bond that’s unbreakable. — Tyler Perry
4. That’s my ideal day, time with my boys. — Kenny G
5. To wake up to the sound of my son saying, ‘Mama, mama!’ It’s the best sound ever. — Miranda Kerr
6. Heaven on earth is looking at my little boy. The minute he was born, I knew if I never did anything other than being a mom, I’d be fine. — Jenny McCarthy
7. When I was a child, my mother said to me, “If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk, you’ll end up as the pope.” Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso. — Pablo Picasso
8. In my practice, I’ve seen something extraordinary, almost spiritual, in the eyes of young mothers who hold their sons for the first time. It’s as though we know we have to hold on tightly while we can because, deep down, we realize that we can’t keep them. — Meg Meeker
9. The only man who has stolen my heart is my son. — Sandra Bullock
10. If a man has been his mother’s undisputed darling, he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. — Sigmund Freud
11. I live for my sons. I would be lost without them. — Princess Diana
12. My mother was the making of me. She was so true, so sure of me, and I felt I had something to live for, someone I must not disappoint. — Thomas Edison
13. All I am I owe to my mother. — George Washington
14. That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, “Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. ” She says, ‘Toughen up; this is the reality we are living in.” — Lauryn Hill
15. My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind. — Michael Jordan
16. Mother is her son’s first god; she must teach him the most important lesson of all, how to love. — TF Hodge
17. Moms are as relentless as the tides. They just don’t drive us to practice; they drive us to greatness. — Steve Rushin
18. All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. — Abraham Lincoln
19. Ain’t a woman alive who could take my mama’s place. — Tupac
20. If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. — Stevie Wonder
Spiritual Boy Mom Quotes
Spiritual quotes have a way of imparting wisdom and peace to boy moms. Some are from religious texts, and others are simple prayers written by a mom or son. We love these boy mom quotes that transcend the natural world:
1. Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice. — Proverbs 23:25
2. Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid, one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat and humble and gentle in victory. — Douglas MacArthur
3. My mother was a Sunday school teacher. So I am a byproduct of prayer. My mom just kept on praying for her son. — Steve Harvey
4. Listen, my son, to your father’s instructions, and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. — Proverbs 1:8
5. Giving your son a skill is better than giving him one thousand pieces of gold. — Chinese Proverb
6. To my son, God knew I needed you. — Unknown
7. I remember my mother’s prayers, and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. — Abraham Lincoln
8. A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. — Irish Proverb
9. In my practice, I’ve seen something extraordinary, almost spiritual, in the eyes of young mothers who hold their sons for the first time. — Meg Meeker
10. Be strong out there, my son. Look for the love and kindness in others. Forgive yourself when you make mistakes, and enjoy the journey. — Kirsten Wreggi
11. Even more than the time when she gave birth, a mother feels her greatest joy when she hears others refer to her son as a wise, learned one. — Thiruvalluvar
12. For this child I prayed, and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him. — 1 Samuel 1: 27
13. If God had let me choose a son, there is no doubt you’d be the one. It seems it was just yesterday, I read to you and watched you play. Today I see myself in you. The way you act, the things you do. I’m thankful I was in God’s plan to help my boy become a man. – Larry Howland
Humorous Boy Mom Quotes
You can’t share boy mom quotes without showing the often messy, rambunctious, and unpredictability it brings! Check out these boy mom quotes with a humorous nature:
1. A boy is truth with dirt on its face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. — Unknown
2. My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” Dad would reply. “We’re raising boys.” — Harmon Killebrew
3. Older people sit down and ask, “What is it?” but the boy asks, “What can I do with it?” — Steve Jobs
4. When my kids become unruly, I use a nice playpen. When they’re finished, I climb out. — Erma Bombeck
5. Here’s what I’ve learned about raising boys . . . if you keep ’em busy, they’re fine. You let ’em get bored, they’ll dismantle your house board by board. — Kenny Rogers
6. Little boys bring you just to the brink of insanity before gently easing you off the edge with a sweet kiss and laughter from a perfectly timed fart. — Unknown
7. You’re going to miss this someday, I whisper to myself as I’m shot in the butt with a nerf gun while unclogging the toilet. — Unknown
8. How boys say goodnight: “Mom, I need to tell you 346 things I learned about Minecraft today. ” — Unknown
9. Happy the boy whose mother is tired of talking nonsense to him before he is old enough to know the sense of it. — Augustus Hare
10. My mother never gave up on me. I messed up in school so much they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back. — Denzel Washington
11. My son makes me smile when he stands up for what he believes in, even if it’s his right to have a second portion of dessert. — Jennie Baranczyk
Sweet Boy Mom Quotes
These sweet boy mom quotes are heartwarming and inspirational. They highlight the endearing relationship between mother and son. Here are our favorite sweet and inspirational boy mom quotes:
1. Little boys are just heroes in disguise. — Unknown
2. Planes, trains, trucks, and toys, There’s nothing quite like little boys. — Unknown
3. Son, you’ll outgrow my lap, but never my heart. — Unknown
4. There’s this boy who stole my heart . . . he calls me mom. — Unknown
5. You are loved for the baby boy you are, the man you will become, and the precious son you will always be. — Proud, Happy, Mama Blog
6. Who’s a boy gonna talk to if not his mother? — Donald E. Westlake
7. Children need to move to develop their brain; it’s a natural urge. That’s why boys will run after a ball and play soccer despite how many video games are available to them, and they can’t help themselves from building with Lego bricks as well. They want to be creating something that’s uniquely their own. — Unknown
8. You will be his first kiss, his first love, his first friend. You’re his momma and he is your whole world. He is your little boy. — Unknown
9. Being a mother to a little boy and helping him discover the world is one of the greatest experiences in a woman’s life, which makes objective goals dull in comparison. The connection between a mother and her son opens the gate to a new world of wonder and love. — Unknown
10. Of course, my son has been the center of my life and will always be the center of my love. When he was young, I was the rock in his life. Now that I am old, he is the rock in my life. — Hyacinth Mottley
11. No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed. — Godfrey Winn
12. To be a mother of a son is one of the most important things you can do to change the world. Raise them to respect women, raise them to stand up for others, raise them to be kind. — Shannon L. Alder
13. You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes. — Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
14. The moment that little bundle of pink, squirming flesh slips into our arms, love touches us. We feel it, not just in our hearts but also on our skin. He is there. Our son. — Meg Meeker
15. A mother’s love doesn’t make her son more dependent and timid; it actually makes him stronger and more independent. — Cheri Fuller
16. A man never sees all that his mother has been to him until it’s too late to let her know that he sees it. — W. D. Howells
17. I may not be perfect, but when I look at my son, I know that I got something in my life perfectly right. — Unknown
18. Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am. — Mary Kay Blakely
19. Little boys can test your patience, run you ragged, and make you want to pull your hair out. But they will also melt your heart with just one look, and make you wonder how you ever existed before them. — Katie Bingham Smith
20. Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my son’s eyes and realize I already have one. — Unknown
21. My son is the best gift I have ever received. He is the sunshine in my day. The joy in my soul. And the love of my life. — Unknown
22. Yet now, in my arms, I was holding a helpless baby boy who would grow into a man . . . I cannot imagine that soft little face one day having whiskers. – Rhonda Stoppe
23. One thing about having a baby is that each step of the way, you simply cannot imagine loving him any more than you already do . . . And then you do; you love him even more. – Anne Lamott
24. You are his definition of home, the place where he feels most confident and comfortable. – Katie Clemons
25. Little boys can test your patience, run you ragged, and make you want to pull your hair out. But they will also melt your heart with just one look and make you wonder how you ever existed before them. – Katie Bingham Smith
26. There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between the mother and a son. — Unknown
27. A boy’s best friend is his mother. – Joseph Stefano
28. I want my son to become aware that he is in charge of the choices he makes, and it’s good to make thoughtful good choices. – Karen Salmansohn
29. Sons worship their mothers, seeing them as flawless, almighty beings who spread love and who are able to do anything. That is why the most important lesson that a mother can teach her son is to respect, love, and understand women. — Unknown
30. Be strong out there, my son. Look for the love and kindness in others. Forgive yourself when you make mistakes, and enjoy the journey. – Kirsten Wreggitt
31. Only one woman is able to love a man more than she loves herself. It’s his mother. – Unknown
32. Sometimes, a mother wonders if her son could have a better mother, but she knows for sure that she knows that there doesn’t exist a better son. – Unknown
33. Every mother wants her son to find a wife just like her. She is sure that no woman can take care of her little boy. – Unknown
34. A son is the only man who can complete his mother’s womanhood. – Unknown
35. Little boys can test your patience, run you ragged, and make you want to pull your hair out. But they will also melt your heart with just one look and make you wonder how you ever existed before them. – Katie Bingham Smith
36. A mother is always proud of her son, not because he has achieved something, but because he is her son. – Unknown
37. A mother can do her son a big favor by simply loving him, standing by his side, and having his back in everything he does. – Unknown
38. And she loves this little boy more than life itself, she calls him son, and now, he is her hero. – Unknown
39. Son . . . no matter how many years go by, no matter how far you’re away from me. Nothing can change the bond between us, my baby, you’ll always be. – Unknown
40. My son is my baby, today, tomorrow, and always. You hurt him, I will hurt you. I don’t care if he’s one day or 50 years old, I will defend and protect him all of my life! – Unknown
If you have the blessing of mothering a son, I hope these boy mom quotes warmed your heart and encouraged you in your motherhood journey. Be sure to share your favorite quotes with a fellow boy mom that you know!
45 Hilarious and Honest Boy Mom Quotes You’ll Love
Raising boys will change your life forever. These heartwarming and hilarious boy mom quotes capture some of the magic and chaos that comes with raising boys.
I remember the moment my son was born.
My heart melted when I saw his sweet face and held him in my arms; it was definitely love at first sight.
However, I had no idea what I was in for.
Growing up with two sisters and already raising a daughter, I was completely clueless when it came to raising boys.
My entire life had been full of dance recitals, dolls and bows.
I learned quickly that life with boys was a completely different animal…literally!
If you’re reading this, I am guessing that you are a boy mom too and understand exactly what I am talking about.
Our sons are precious, sweet and loving…while also being disgusting, dirty dare-devils all at the same time.
No matter how many times they scare us half-to-death it seems they turn around and melt our hearts with an unexpected hug.
It’s this constant balance between both ends of the spectrum that makes being a boy mom so fun and powerful.
Today we are sharing over 40 boy mom quotes that capture the unique experience of raising boys including all the laughs and the tremendous amount of love that comes along with it.
Be sure to check out these fun Mother-Son Date Ideas
Funny Boy Mom Quotes
“Little boys bring you just to the brink of insanity before gently easing you off the edge with a sweet kiss and laughter from a perfectly timed fart.”
“When you’re a boy mom you get to say things like, We can’t have nice things because you will pee on them.”
“You’re going to miss this someday – I whisper to myself as I’m shot in the butt with a Nerf Gun while unclogging the toilet.”
“Boys; less drama than girls but harder to keep alive.”
“A boy is truth with dirt on its face, beauty with a cut on its finger, wisdom with bubble gum in its hair, and the hope of the future with a frog in its pocket. ”
“You know you’re a boy mom when your entire world is coffee and chaos.”
“I raise boys…nothing scares me.”
“You know you’re a boy mom when everything in your house is either lost, dirty or broken.”
“Raising boys is an extreme sport, that’s why I wear workout clothes everyday.”
“He believed he could, so he did….and now he’s in timeout.”
“Raising a son will make you stronger, braver, and more comfortable with dirt than you ever imagined.”
“Loving your son means accepting him just the way he is; stinky, dirty, and loud.”
“If you’ve debated the acceptable amount of time before changing a pair of underwear, you’re probably a mom of boys.”
“I’m a boy mom. That means it’s impossible to scare me or gross me out.”
“I support wildlife…I’m raising boys.”
Short Boy Mom Quotes
“Boy Mom: It’s an experience, not a description.”
“His little hands stole my heart, and his little feet ran away with it.”
“Boy Mom: Messy, Exhausted, Blessed. ”
“Heaven on Earth is looking at my little boy” – Jenny McCarthy
“Moms of boys work from son up to son down.”
“He may drive me crazy, but someday this boy will change the world.”
“What an honor it is to be a boy mom.”
“I am proud of many things I’ve done in this life, but nothing beats being a boy mom.”
“Life is better with boys.”
“Boy Mom; like a regular mom but messier.”
Mama’s Boy Quotes
“And she loved a little boy very much – even more than she loved herself.” -Shel Silverstein
“Little boys can test your patience, run you ragged and make you want to pull your hair out. But they will also melt your heart with just one look, and make you wonder how you ever existed before them.” -Katie Bingham Smith
“Your little boy will hold your hand for a little while, but they will hold your heart for a lifetime.”
“As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen.” – Winnie the Pooh
“One day he’ll outgrow your lap, but he’ll never be too big to hold in your heart. ”
“I have a son, who is my heart. A wonderful young man, daring and loving and strong and kind.” -Maya Angelou
“You are loved for the boy you are, the man you will become and the son you will always be.”
“No joy on Earth brings greater pleasure than a little boy to love and treasure.”
“Sons may grow into men and grow out of their toys, but in the hearts of their mothers they are still their little boys.”
“You are loved for the boy you are, the man you will become, and the precious son you will always be”
“Boys are meant for kisses and hugs. For watching rainbows and catching bugs. For sharing all of your favorite things. For books to read and songs to sing.”
“Raising boys has made me a more generous woman than I really am.” -Mary Kay Blakely
“It’s amazing that my greatest source of chaos can also be my greatest joy.”
“Life as a boy mom isn’t easy. It’s a life full of energy, chaos and adventure. It also means that life is more meaningful. ”
“You think dads are protective of their little girls? Just try a mom with a little boy.”
“God knew exactly what he was doing when he gave me a son.”
“Being a boy mom means your home and your heart will be full of adventure, love and laughs.”
“Raising boys will change your life. You’ll realize how boring life was before.”
More Quotes for Moms:
- 30+ Powerful Quotes for C-Section Moms
- 50 Epic Working Mom Quotes for Inspiration and Encouragement
- 40+ Best Mama Quotes for Encouragement and Inspiration
45 Boy Mom Quotes for Instagram
Statuses and quotes about son and mother
- Every son belongs to the category of those boys with whom his mother forbids him to play.
- Having given a woman a son, God gives her the opportunity to try to raise a Real Man herself, capable of not only giving compliments, but also doing things.
- If you have a house, don’t be afraid of the cold; if you have a son, do not be afraid of need.
- A mother makes a man out of a son for twenty years, and his girlfriend can make an idiot out of him in twenty minutes.
- Before you reproach your son for the fact that his pockets are stuffed with all sorts of rubbish, look first into your purse.
- If the Lord wants to protect a woman, he gives her a son…
- Quotes about son and mother with meaning — Mother loves the son who became a thief or murderer more than the son who became a pastor. (William Faulkner)
- We run home with our son, and there are a lot of dogs ahead. The son asked: “Mom, are you scared?” I say: “No! I’m with a man.» The son is important: «And the man is not afraid — he is with his mother.»
- No one beautifies a woman as much as walking beside… son!
- You can fall out of love with all the men in the world. Except for his son.
- One day my son said to me: “I want them to be… Like a bird you have… such Wings”… It began to fly on my shoulder, I felt strength… “And where will I fly?” — I asked him … The son replied: “Nowhere … Moms do not fly! Mothers always use wings… Children are closed”
- Not a single book is as interesting as my naughty son!
- My best man, no doubt, the one who says: “Mommy, hello!”
- Only a mother can teach her son to be a gentleman and behave properly in a society of women.
- The only happiness is my dear son, My glorious, beloved, dear angel. You are the meaning of my life, given by fate. Blood dear — I’m so proud of you!
- Hearing how people praise her son, the mother rejoices more than on the day she gave birth to him. (Thyru-Valluvar)
- With the birth of my son, I no longer need cosmetics. After all, I lead the main decoration by the hand.
- The guy who will love me all his life has not yet been born. . But he will be born. Necessarily, and then I will call him affectionately and tenderly — SON.
- This man always hugs and kisses for no reason. Prepares tea from tree leaves and treats them. Dancing to cheer me up. He is a real man, whose only drawback is that he does not like to go to kindergarten.
- Sonny, sonny, little son… Affectionate, beloved, warm little ball… Sunny child, sweet child… How we used to live with dad without you!!!
- Today I realized that my son has turned from a boy into a man — in the morning for the first time he asked me a purely masculine question: «Where are my socks?»
- Raise your son the way you would like your daughter’s husband to be.
- Cute statuses about son and mother — It’s good to have a son! He is the best of men! My sun is a golden ray, a smile that is always with me! There is no more beautiful happiness in the world! He is a bright light of my soul! It’s good to have a son! He is the most important of men.
- Mom teaches her son to speak, and her husband’s wife to keep quiet.
- I found meaning in life when I gave birth to my son. What happiness to be a native, beloved mother and wife!
- < Back
- Read more >
YOU WILL BE INTERESTED IN STATUS:
Quotes about father with meaning
Status about dad
Status about family and children
Status about husband and son
Beautiful statuses about mom
Statuses and quotes about son with meaning
Add comment or status
Quotes from the book “Mom and Son. How to raise a man out of a boy» by Mega Meeker📚 — the best aphorisms, sayings and catchphrases — MyBook.
Quotes from the book “Mom and Son. How to raise a man out of a boy» by Mega Meeker📚 — the best aphorisms, sayings and catchphrases — MyBook.
What to choose
🎙Top Audiobooks 90 003
🎙Download your podcast
🎙Upload Your Podcast
Quality time is filled with what the child is interested in — playing board games or balls, cycling. This is the time when mom pays attention to her son, and not to what he does.
November 9, 2017
For a child, a mother’s love must be unconditional and constant
May 8, 2017
Love for a son must be modified in accordance with his development. This is a key moment that will help keep the mother in touch with her son, especially when it comes to physical manifestations.
November 9, 2017
How to show your love? Spend time together, and not only at competitions. This time is called quality time, and it is different from the minutes spent in the car, at the stadium or in the store.
November 9, 2017
Courage is the ability to do what is right, regardless of the opinions of others. Restraint means that a person has willpower and enjoys pleasures in moderation, limiting his appetite and other desires. Fairness is the ability to judge what is right and wrong and to treat other people fairly. Discretion requires from a person “worldly wisdom” and caution. Of course, wisdom means being able to make smart choices if needed, and abstinence means being able to keep your sexual desires under control.
October 6, 2017
To love with purpose is to act outside of your comfort zone.