The 8 best strollers of 2023
If you are a new parent, at some point you probably wish you could grow another arm or two just to get everything done. You have more stuff to carry, including your kid (or kids), places to go, things to do, and not nearly enough hours in the day to do them all and still have semblance of your old life. This is why choosing the right stroller is crucial for your lifestyle. Choosing the right stroller for what you need can make a world of difference. The right stroller will be an awful lot like having an extra limb to help you get everything done.
Skip straight to the top picks!
Types of strollers
Strollers have evolved beyond the prams of the old days. They’re almost the Swiss Army Knife of baby and toddler gear. If you are on the go a lot, a compact stroller might work best. If you are active and trying to stay in shape, a jogging stroller might be what you are looking for. For just about every type of lifestyle out there for parents, there is a stroller that will fill that niche. Below are listed our favorite picks for each category, from umbrellas to joggers, budget to the deluxe model, representing our picks for best strollers of 2023.
How to choose the right stroller for your family
With so many different types of strollers to choose from you can fit your needs with just about any one of them. Depending on the size of your home, travel needs, budget, whether you are using it for an infant, a toddler, or a child with special needs, you have many options. Take into consideration portability, quality of construction, size, materials, ease of use, ease of cleaning all the jelly and crumbs off of it, how well it fits into the trunk of your car or cargo hold of your SUV.
Chances are you are going to be using this stroller through the majority of your child’s early years, unless you want to take the risk of building a significant collection of strollers to fit every occasion. Be warned, though—strollers multiply like rabbits, start with two at your own risk. And unlike that collection of nametags and hairnets you built up in college, strollers can take up a lot of room. Depending on the construction quality, some might creak and squeak like the suspension on your first car. Choosing the right stroller will help you cover as many bases as you can without having to add a stroller parking garage to your home. Like any good tool in your garage (or kitchen) a stroller should be good for more than one specific purpose, otherwise, you’ll have a surplus of the things in no time at all. Look for durability too if you plan on using your stroller for more than one kid over the years.
Below, you’ll find our top picks for:
- Most versatile stroller
- Best compact stroller
- Best jogging stroller
- Jogger that doubles as everyday
- Best luxury stroller
- Best wagon stroller
- Best umbrella stroller
- Best budget stroller
- Best double stroller
One more thing before we dive into our list of best strollers of 2023: please note Fathercraft is reader-supported, meaning, at no cost to you, we may earn a commission if you buy after clicking an affiliate link. Learn more. Also, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you’d like to learn more about our top picks in video form, you’re in luck … we launched our best strollers of 2023 YouTube video:
Most versatile stroller—the Mockingbird Single to Double
Adding the optional second seat to the Mockingbird
If you want to cover more than one base, the Mockingbird Single to Double gets our vote for most versatile stroller.
- Why we love it: Built from sturdy aluminum with a utilitarian fabric pattern, cargo sling underneath, and the option to add another seat for another passenger, this stroller is like the Jack of All Trades when it comes to strollers. It’s also compatible with other makes of infant car seat with the use of an adapter (sold separately).
- What you need to know: This stroller gets the job done right out of the box, but you could find yourself on a slippery slope when it comes to add ons. $15 here, $30 there, you might be tempted to add another seat, cupholders, snack trays, and even footmuffs.
- Our review: In short, a strong buy that would suit any family with plenty of room to grow. You might get nibbled to death by ducks with all the add-ons however.
- Price & where to buy: Buy directly from Mockingbird on their website to save some money. It runs about $450 for the single and an addition $120 to add another seat.
Check Mockingbird pricing here.
Read and watch our full Mockingbird stroller review here.
Best compact stroller—the Colugo Compact
The Colugo Compact stroller, lookin’ good at a city park
They say go big or go home, but the Colugo Compact brings large functionality when going big is the last thing you need. This stroller is ideal for portability such as traveling on airplanes, buses, trains or even just along for the ride as an everyday stroller in a smaller car or city apartment.
- Why we love it: It gets the job done while maintaining a low profile. With additional attachments, you can incorporate a bassinet for newborns on the go. The wheel design and suspension allow for active use such as jogging and navigating those city streets, using buses, and even catching a cab.
- What you need to know: The basics that come with the stroller hit some of the high points with us. Included is a cupholder, rain cover, and carry bag. What isn’t included is a zippered storage bag or compartment, but you can add one for extra if you like.
- Our review: A no-frills stroller out of the box, it isn’t without its quirks, but more than makes up for these with portability, ease of maneuverability, and surprising comfort for your passenger (the seat lays back for much-needed naps).
- Price & where to buy: Still holding its price on the Colugo website, you can buy direct for $295. Also available from BuyBuyBaby.
Shop Colugo Compact on Colugo’s site here.
Shop Colugo Compact at BuyBuyBaby here.
Read and watch our full Colugo Compact stroller review here.
Best Jogging Stroller—Thule Urban Glide 2
You can just feel the gentle breeze flowing through that mesh, cooling your child, as your sculpted calf muscles power you past even kid-less runners at the local park
For the parent who just can’t sit still or enjoys the rush of the wind through their hair, the Thule Urban Glide 2 (Amazon) is our pick for best jogging stroller of 2023.
- Why we love it: This stroller is an absolute beast when it comes to jogging strollers. With 18″ rear wheels and a 16″ front wheel, this tricycle design lets you cover lots of ground on your daily run over just about any kind of ground. It features a handbrake, spoked wheels, and the harness keeps your kid where you buckled them, so no more surprise exits!
- What you need to know: Like many jogging strollers, it is sturdy and built for speed more than maneuverability with a fixed front wheel. Also more expensive than the BOB (below). Reflectors on the body and wheels help provide visibility. Jogging with infants isn’t recommended until at least 6 months of age. Ask your pediatrician!
- Price & where to buy: Buy from Amazon, that free Prime shipping is going to help with a big heavy box. The Glide 2 starts at $649.
Check Urban Glide 2 pricing on Amazon.
Read (and watch) our Thule Urban Glide 2 review
Go-To Sturdy Built Jogger—the BOB Revolution
If the last stroller was a beast, this one is a tank. The BOB Revolution (Amazon) is another tricycle type stroller with large wheels and inflatable tires to handle the bumps in the road.
- Why we love it: This stroller is a solid build with a handbrake, the ability to convert to a double stroller, and the ability to incorporate other brands of car seats with the use of an adapter. The stroller is built tough for all-terrain use, whether it’s the beach, a mountain trail, or a run through the park. Also often retails for considerably less than Thule (above), our top jogging stroller pick
- What you need to know: This stroller is heavy and cupholders come separately. Adapters could be better marked and less confusing to use. Overall, this stroller feels a bit clunkier and didn’t ride quite as well as the Thule (above), hence why it comes in second in the jogging stroller category. But, it does the job, and there’s a reason it’s the 800-lb gorilla of the jogging stroller space …
- Our review: Worth the price, durable, and you will use it every day, especially if you are active. It is durable and you won’t feel like you are breaking it when you collapse or open it up. Loved it!
- Price & where to buy: You can buy this stroller on Amazon by using our affliliate link! It helps us continue to bring you quality content and also with jelly removal. Right now it starts at $439, but lists as high as $549.
Check pricing on the BOB Revolution (Amazon).
Read (and watch) our full BOB Revolution review.
Money is No Object—the Bugaboo Bee 6 (best luxury stroller)
Bugaboo Bee. Also works well for toddlers with broken legs.
Have you ever wanted to know what a Bentley would look like if it was a stroller? Look no further. This aluminum framed stroller (Amazon) features stylish, clean lines, lightweight maneuverable casters, and a cushioned ride thanks to its spring suspension—it defines what it means to be a premium stroller.
- Why we love it: It’s all about the details when it comes to luxury rides, and this stroller is no exception. Seriously. In testing, it reminded us of driving a high-end European car vs driving a Camry. With a fully adjustable aluminum alloy pushbar, spring suspension for a smooth ride, and a padded lap bar, the Bugaboo Bee6 folds up cleanly to fit into your Benz or Hyundai equally as well.
- What you need to know: Available with gray melange or bright yellow fabric, the Bugaboo Bee6 is conspicuously devoid of cupholders with the standard package. It does come with a really cool sun/rain visor to peek in on your kiddo, or ask them if they have any Grey Poupon. Oh, yeah, and it’s freaking expensive. We loved it, we didn’t pony up our own money after testing to keep it.
- Price & where to buy: Available on the Pottery Barn Kids site, and also on Amazon. Price can vary up to $100 based on color—MSRP at time of writing is $779—$879.
Shop the Bugaboo Bee on Amazon.
Best Wagon Stroller—the Wonderfold W2 Elite
When if comes to wagon strollers, you might feel a little bit like you are playing Oregon Trail again with all the stuff you can haul with the Wonderfold W2 Elite. A two-passenger stroller wagon with built in sun shade that easily adjusts, all sorts of zippered storage panels, and ease of use when if comes to folding and opening on the go, you might not want to go back to a conventional stroller again once you’ve used this wagon stroller.
- Why we love it: Not only can you carry two kids, buckled in and facing each other, this stroller wagon makes transporting a sleeping newborn simple when converted to a bassinet. With plenty of storage, leg room, and a sturdy design you can easily maneuver, your kids can enter and exit through a fun hatch, and it folds up neatly for transport.
- What you need to know: This stroller wagon is heavy, and though it folds up, it still has a fairly large footprint which could eat up a lot of space in your vehicle. The seats are adjustable, but for laying back you have to slide the seats up, at the expense of leg room. Though the fabric is washable, it might be less time-consuming to spot clean with a wet cloth and soap than it is to dismantle the whole assembly to wash on a delicate cycle.
- Our review: Overall a quality stroller wagon that will be a joy to use. With plenty of storage space, solid construction, and clean looks it’s a solid buy, if not on the higher end of the price scale.
- Price & where to buy: Starting at $529, you can purchase the W2 Elite on the Wonderfold website or on Amazon.
Shop Wonderfold W2 on the Wonderfold site.
Shop Wonderfold W2 on Amazon.
Read (and watch) our full Wonderfold Wagon review.
Best Umbrella Stroller–Summer Infant 3D Lite
Umbrella strollers are a common staple in just about every parent’s assortment of kid gear, especially when space is a commodity and comfort can be sacrificed for portability. That isn’t to say that you can’t have those features as well as durable, quality design and the convenience built in. And that is where the Summer Infant 3D Lite (Amazon) shines as our pick for the best umbrella stroller of 2023.
- Why we love it: It is a cut above most other umbrella strollers, with ergonomic push handles, a light yet durable aluminum frame, and cup holders, of course! The seat is padded for comfort and features a padded, adjustable five point harness. Unlike other strollers of this type, it features a cargo area underneath the seat and four anti-shock dual wheels. And, all this comes in at just under $100.
- What you need to know: A little on the heavy side, the Summer Infant 3D Lite weighs in at 13lbs, but the wider seat means more comfort, especially for bigger kids. The seat features a four position recline for comfort, naps, and relaxation for your passenger. A sunshade keeps your little one protected from the elements when outside. While this stroller is cheaper than the others on our list, it’s not the lowest-price umbrella stroller you can find (and there’s a reason for that—build quality is better).
- Price & where to buy: Purchase from Target or on Amazon. Prices start at $99.99.
Shop Summer Infant 3D Lite on Amazon.
Shop Summer Infant 3D Lite at Target.
Best Budget Stroller–Graco FastAction Fold Sport Travel System
The Graco FastAction Fold Sport comes from a pedigree of tried and tested strollers and other kid gear from mega baby brand Graco. This quick-folding, tricycle type stroller is more like the Honda Civic of strollers compared to the Bee6 above. But it does come with cupholders, a sunshade, and snack tray.
- Why we love it: It’s a combo! (Exploding head emoji 🙂 ) Meaning: this is both a stroller and a car seat, and they work together! Not only do you save money buying as a package, you’ll also get to experience the joy of taking your sleeping baby out of the car and putting her in the stroller without disturbing her slumber — the car seat clicks into a base that stays in your car, and clicks into the stroller base, too.
- What you need to know: While this stroller’s wheels are marketed as ‘off road’, we found that to be a stretch. Big rocks and sidewalk bumps can bring the front wheels to a grinding halt.
- Price & where to buy: Purchase on Amazon.com through our affiliate link! Prices start at around $330.
Shop Graco FastAction Fold Sport (travel system) at Amazon.
Shop directly on Graco’s website.
Read our Graco FastAction Fold Sport review
Best double stroller (and best stroller for twins)
Our pick for best double stroller goes to a familiar favorite—the Mockingbird single-to-double. Yep, our pick for best overall is also our pick for best double. And for good reason. In addition the what we mentioned above, the Mockingbird has a key double stroller design — it is NOT a side-by-side design. Allow us to shoot you straight—side by side doubles are enormously wide. They’ll drive you crazy trying to Tetris them through doors, they’ll take up the whole sidewalk and cause dogs walking the other way to try and jump into traffic … we could go on. But, just don’t. Get a Mockingbird instead.
- What to know. Mockingbird does get pricey when adding a second seat (which is why it’s nice you can do it later if you only have one baby right now). Learn more about the Mockingbird stroller by reading our review.
- Price and where to buy. A Mockingbird with a second seat kit retails for $595. You can buy it from the Mockingbird website and Target (note you need to add the second seat kit separately. And you might need to use the search function on Target’s site to find it if you go that route.
Honorable mentions in the double stroller category go to the Wonderfold W2, also mentioned above (though note your kids need to be old enough to sit up on their own for this option), and, for you hardcore running parents out there, BOB does make the Duallie, and absolute beast of a double jogging stroller. Find wide paths for running and prepare to see pedestrians jump for their lives like you’re living a car chase scene in a Bond movie.
Best for what keeps you moving
Strollers are an important part in staying active, getting your kids out into the world, and having new experiences. With so many different choices to suit a multitude of lifestyles, you almost can’t go wrong. Not every stroller does all the things any of us probably want them to do, but until they make one that hovers, we still have a lot to choose from! There’s always next year, and who knows what the future will bring!
Looking for more? Check out all of our stroller reviews here.
10 Best Strollers In 2023 — For Every Mom’s Needs!
I am a big believer that finding the best stroller for you is one of the most important things you can do before your baby arrives! While I did a lot of baby-wearing with my newborns, I still can’t imagine not having a stroller around for walks and outings. That being said, every family’s stroller needs are probably going to be a bit different. You will want to take lifestyle into consideration along with budget, style, and comfort to find the perfect fit.
Below is our breakdown of the best strollers in 2023 for every type of mom.
|Best Overall||UPPAbaby Cruz|
|Best Bang for the Buck||Mockingbird|
|Best for a Comfortable Ride||Bumbleride Era|
|Best for the Theme Park Lovin’ Mom||Baby Jogger City Mini GT2|
|Best Budget Travel Stroller||Bebee Lightweight Stroller|
|Best Luxury Travel Stroller||Joolz Aer Travel Stroller|
|Best Lightweight||Babyzen YOYO2 6+|
|Best Luxury Stroller||Bugaboo Donkey 3 Mono|
|Best Jogging Stroller||Bob Revolution Flex 3. 0|
|Best Umbrella Stroller||3D Lite Convenience Stroller|
Best Overall – Uppababy Cruz
The Uppababy Cruz is a premium stroller that pretty much every new mom has on her radar (and for good reason!). The Uppababy Cruz is an all-around excellent stroller. It works great in tons of different scenarios from leisurely strolls to all-day-long adventures.
5 Things We Absolutely Love about the Uppababy Cruz
- Easy to remove seat/car seat – This is essential when you have a newborn. With an Uppababy car seat, you can pop that car seat right out of the car and into the stroller with a simple click leaving your baby peacefully sleeping inside.
- Incredibly Smooth Ride – The Uppababy Cruz has 4-wheel suspension which means you can use this thing pretty much anywhere and have a fairly smooth ride for the baby.
- Best Storage – The Uppababy Cruz is by far the best stroller for storage. It has an easy-to-access storage basket that can hold so much! Plus, it has a compartment for a cup and an additional pocket. The basket can hold up to 30 lbs.
- Great for Your Kids as They Grow – The Uppababy Cruz has a footrest that adjusts for your child as they become bigger, plus it can handle a weight of up to 50 lbs.
- An Easy-to-Use Brake System – This might sound weird but hear me out. A lot of strollers have foot brakes which are convenient, but usually, you have to click up to unlock the brake. This is fine unless you are wearing sandals. I have broken sandals or ruined a nice pedicure by trying to click off the brake. On Uppababy there is one side for the Brake (labeled red) and the unlock is on the other side (labeled green).
Other Things We Love About the Uppababy Cruz
Along with the Uppababy Cruz frame, there are some great accessories that make this stroller versatile. This includes the bassinet with a storage bag, reversible toddler seat, rain shield for the toddler seat, and bug shield for both the bassinet and toddler seat.
If you are going to use a stroller on a regular basis (daily walks, trips to the park, etc.), this stroller is durable and versatile enough to carry one or more children for years. Not to mention, the Uppababy Cruz definitely is not lacking in style. In fact, it tops my list for looks!
One thing to note…
The Uppababy Cruz can not expand to a double stroller. However, it does have a standing board you can purchase separately, which we love for our 7-year-old. If you want to expand to a double stroller, check out Uppababy Vista.
You can check out our Full Review of Uppababy Cruz on Instagram!
Where can you get the Uppababy Cruz?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders and will cost you about $699.
Best Bang for the Buck – Mockingbird Stroller
The mockingbird is the one stroller that surprised us the most. We heard good things about the Mockingbird stroller but when we went to use it, we were really impressed.
Top 5 Things We Love About the Mockingbird Stroller
Here are the 5 things we absolutely loved about the Mockingbird Stroller that make it one of the best strollers on the market.
- One-Handed Folding – This stroller is super easy to fold up and it stands on its own. Great for if you are out and about or hitting up a theme park.
- Easy One-Handed Lay Flat Seating – This is probably the easiest seat to lay flat.
- Removable Easy to Clean Insert – Great to clean up after messes or spit-ups. There is an additional charge for this insert but it is totally worth it, as cleaning inside strollers is such a pain.
- Tons of Storage – You will be amazed by how much stuff you can shove below the Mockingbird
- Easily convert it to a double stroller – Having the option to easily convert the double stroller is always a bonus!
Other Things You Should Know About the Mockingbird Stroller
The 6-position handlebars adjust to most heights when it comes to stroller pushers. The seats recline, but they can also reverse so that your baby can see you. Storage baskets are extra large for all of your supplies on the go. The one-hand fold makes it easy to pack up the stroller and get on your way.
If you want a stroller to handle more than one toddler at a time, consider the Mockingbird Single-to-Double Stroller. For just a little more in price, it is possible to get this great design and construction that can hold two little ones at a time. The flexibility of a transitioning stroller from one to two and back to one makes it a great “bang for your buck”.
Where can you get the Mockingbird Stroller?
The Mockingbird Stroller is custom-made at the time of order. Demand is high, so pre-orders may take weeks for it to arrive, but it is worth it. It starts with a 30-day risk-free trial and continues through a lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects.
Each stroller comes with a canopy, attachable sunshade, and bumper bar. The car seat adapter lets you use a car seat from nine models. From infant to 50 pounds, your child will have a comfy ride.
This stroller can be found will cost you about $395 for the Single Model and $145 for the second seat kit.
Best for Comfort – Bumbleride Era
The Bumbleride Era offers a comfortable and super smooth ride. It is sleek, stylish, and eco-friendly!
5 Things We Love About the Bumbleride Era
- Incredibly Comfortable For Baby – This stroller has comfy machine washable seat fabrics and it is covered with a canopy that has pop-out extensions with air vents for airflow and sun protection. This is perfect for those hot summer days. I remember my oldest yanking down the canopy because the sun always found a way to creep in the stroller.
- Air-Filled Tires for Bumpy Roads – The air-filled tires are part of the 360-degree front swivel. What’s even smarter for this all-wheel suspension ride is that the air pump is already in its pocket in the storage basket.
- Transform into a Mini Bassinet – The reclining seat can convert into a mini bassinet as it lays down flat and then with a few snaps you have yourself a mini bassinet. This means there is no need to purchase an additional bassinet.
- Compact & Expandable – For a compact stroller, it has room for your baby to grow. and adjustable footrest grows with your content child.
- Eco-Friendly – This might be the most Eco-Friendly stroller on the market and so sleek with features like the all-natural cork handlebar.
One thing we would like to see improved but isn’t a big deal.
The only thing we did not love about the Bumbleride Era was the way it folds. It is not terribly difficult, just a little awkward as you have to swing the bar up and over the stroller. Otherwise, this stroller is a pretty sweet ride for your baby.
Where can you get the Bumbleride Era?
Bumbleride can be found in local stores or through online orders. There are 5 colors from which to choose and accessories (most sold separately) that help this stroller stay with your baby from birth to toddler. A Bumbleride Era runs about $799.
Best Stroller for the Theme Park Mom – Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Stroller
When it comes to theme parks with children, a quality stroller makes everything easier. Parks, like Disney, have restrictions on the size of strollers. City Mini GT2 meets the requirement of 31 inches wide by 52 inches long. In fact, you know the City Mini is a good theme park stroller because 95% of theme park stroller rental companies use it.
Of course, any stroller that is good enough to make it through a day at a theme park is great for day-to-day needs as well!
Why the City Mini Tops Our List
We had a City Mini for 4 of our kids, so you best believe we love it! The smooth ride will help you maneuver through groups and families when in theme parks. With the forever air rubber tires and all-wheel suspension, you can handle any type of terrain, even dirt paths.
Other Things We Love About This Stroller
- Lightweight Design – The lightweight frame folds easily with one hand, which helps when collapsing it to board boats, trams, and monorails. All of this ease comes in a stroller that can support children up to 65 lb.
- Easy to fold and tons of storage – There are two essentials when it comes to theme park strollers; easy breakdown and tons of storage. This stroller has both. You will get a giant basket and a one-hand fold with the City Mini.
- The Capability to Hold Older Kids – If you have an older child that wants to ride more than walk, the glider board accessory holds up to 45 lbs and folds up when not in use. Our 6-year-old has cruised along just fine on the glider board through theme parks. Since theme parks may restrict the use of stroller wagons, this can ease the problem of juggling more than one child at the park.
- Comfort for the Adults – This stroller comes with an adjustable handlebar for varying heights. You can also add accessories like the parent console for drinks and make bringing your own stroller to the theme park less of a hassle.
Where can you get the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders and will cost you about $399.99.
Best Budget Travel Stroller – Bebee Lightweight Stroller by Bombi
As a travel writer and a mom of 6, I have gone through a ton of travel trollers and the Bebee Lightweight Stroller is by far my favorite.
Why We Love This Travel Stroller
The Bebee is super lightweight, easy to pack in its airplane bag (which is included), and incredibly durable. I have taken it on multiple flights and multiple destinations and it is by far my favorite travel stroller.
Features We Love
- One-Hand Smart Fold – One of my favorite features is the One-Hand Smart Fold and how compact the stroller folds up.
- Large Sun Canopy – This is probably one of the best canopies I’ve seen for a travel stroller. We make sure to use this stroller for our sunny destinations.
- Multi-Position Reclining – The multi-position reclining makes it a comfortable ride for your little one. This also allows you to use the stroller for long days when your baby might need to nap.
- Great Storage Space – Storage while on the go is also important. The basket underneath has two pockets and mesh sides. You can even check for what you need while in front of the stroller.
Where can you get the Bombee Lightweight Stroller?
This stroller can be found online at Bombi.com, It is a very popular stroller and you will find it sold out many times, so if you see it available, snag it.
Best Luxury Travel Stroller – Joolz Aer Travel Stroller
This is another travel stroller I absolutely love for its convenience and durability. It is at a higher price point than the Bebee Lightweight Stroller we reviewed above, but if you are a busy traveling family it is worth the price.
Why We Love It
The Joolz Aer Travel Stroller has one feature that really sets it apart; the one-handed quick fold (that actually works)! It is a great option if you are looking for a lightweight stroller that is easy to tote on travels.
I also tried out the bassinet attachment which makes the Joolz Aer newborn-friendly. The sun coverage it provides is amazing and well-vented to keep it from getting hot underneath. I really appreciate how this attachment folds up right along with the stroller and is very slim, making it easy to pack in the car.
Check out how easy the one-handed quick fold is and see why this stroller is perfect for travel!
Where Can You Get the Joolz Aer?
You can find the stroller at Joolz.com or on Amazon. It is another hot item and can be sold out at times so make sure to turn those in-stock notifications on!
Best Lightweight – Babyzen YOYO2 6+ Stroller
This stroller is super lightweight and easily collapsible, while still being durable and able to hold a child up to 48. 5 pounds. That’s the best of both worlds!
Why We Love It
This is a French-designed stroller making it a bit different from the other options on our list. One of those big differences is that it weighs less than 14 pounds! That is less than half the weight of some of the top strollers from the U.S.
It folds up so well that it can fit in overhead compartments while traveling on airplanes. It also keeps the parent balanced when carrying a baby in one arm and a folded stroller in the other.
Features We Love
- Lightweight but Sturdy – Just because it is light doesn’t mean that it can’t hold up to use. It is still constructed with aluminum alloy, stainless steel, and fiberglass and is able to support babies up to 48.5 pounds.
- Plenty of Storage – The basket underneath is also spacious and durable.
- Adaptability – This lightweight stroller can easily be your full-time stroller whether you walk everywhere in the city or still need to bring your baby in the car seat and use the adapters. It is great for travelers or for making your way through urban neighborhoods.
Something to Keep in Mind
The Babyzen is designed for babies six months and older who are sitting up more with a 5-point harness rather than infants.
Where can you get the Babyzen?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders on Amazon and will cost you about $499.
Best Luxury – Bugaboo Donkey 5
The Bugaboo is not only one of our favorite luxury strollers options, but it has the capability to easily convert between a single and double stroller to fit your needs.
Why We Love It
- Adaptable from Single to Double Stroller – Bugaboo is truly adaptable with the ability to go from a single to a double stroller in three clicks.
- High Weight Limits– The strong materials can hold up to 50 pounds per seat so this stroller will last you for the long run.
- Slim Configuration – Even in the double stroller configuration, it can still fit through a standard doorway.
- Easy to Keep Your Eye on Both Children – I appreciate both kids are in easy view while pushing. The toddler seat is not too high, so it doesn’t block your sight of the infant.
- Double the Storage – The side luggage bag is a nice touch. It will keep your essentials within reach while still protected from the elements. Plus, there is also an under-seat basket for extra storage.
The Added Benefit of a Warranty
There are extra benefits to this luxurious stroller. It starts with a 100-day free trial to make sure it is the best fit for your family’s needs. It also comes with a 2+1 year warranty. Since this stroller can last many years and still look good, you want to be certain that the company will back it up with a strong warranty.
Do keep in mind, when you are ready to turn the Mono into a Duo or Twin, separate accessories will have to be ordered.
Where can you get the Bugaboo Donkey 5?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders and will cost you about $1,499.
Best Jogging Stroller – Bob Revolution Flex 3.0
If you are looking for a jogging stroller, you really cannot go wrong with the Bob Revolution Flex 3.0. It can be used as your everyday stroller in addition to being able to accompany you on hikes and jogs over rough terrain.
Why We Love It
The jogging stroller is made for the active parent who loves to adventure with their little one. BOB Gear is known for the jogging strollers that are made for outdoor activities. The Revolution Flex 3.0 is one of the best of their line of single strollers. Even if it can easily handle neighborhood sidewalks and roads, it has the mountain bike style with air-filled tires that creates a smoother ride for your baby no matter what terrain you hike or job.
Features We Love
- Tons of Functional Storage – Multiple pockets, a big cargo basket, and a cell phone pocket in the handlebar offer plenty of storage for you and your child.
- Handlebar Position Options– The 9-position handlebar means that no matter your height, you can find a comfortable position to push the stroller in.
- Easy to Use and Adaptable – The Revolution Flex is lightweight but durable, compatible with eight different types of infant car seats, and so easy to use when making reclining adjustments with one hand or folding it to pack away in the car.
- Air Flow Will Keep Your Baby Comfortable – Ventilation vents make your baby comfortable while you are sweating during your run.
- Older Children Can Still Hitch a Ride with You – Your older child up to 75 pounds and 44 inches tall will enjoy riding with speed in the open air.
Where can you get the Bob Revolution Flex 3.0?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders and will cost you about $499.99.
*Keep in mind, that even though the stroller can be used with infants, the impact and bouncing of jogging are not suitable for their weak head and neck. You won’t want to jog with your child until they are around 8 months old.
Best Umbrella Stroller – 3D Lite Convenience Stroller
When it comes to umbrella strollers, the 3D Lite Convenience Stroller is definitely one of the best options out there. It offers some of the bells and whistles that many other umbrella strollers do not.
Why We Love It
The difference between a full-size stroller and an umbrella stroller is mainly size. While a stroller system is great, some parents just don’t need a full-size stroller or, perhaps, they just want something more compact for certain occasions. Umbrella strollers are a less expensive option and are very lightweight.
Some people don’t need a big stroller or can’t store its bulk in their closet. Perhaps all they need is to go down the street to a neighbor. If all you need is something lightweight and easy on you without all of the bells and whistles of full-size strollers, the features, benefits, and price of the 3D Lite umbrella stroller may suit your needs.
Features We Love
- Just 13 lbs! – The 3D stroller is 13 pounds and is very easy to fold and carry.
- Offers More than the Typical Umbrella Stroller – Unlike some other umbrella strollers out there, the Convenience stroller has a reclining seat, adjustable canopy, and a storage basket.
- Will Last Through the Toddler Years – It can hold a toddler up to 50 pounds.
Where can you get the 3D Lite Convenience Stroller?
This stroller can be found in local stores or through online orders and will cost you about $99.99.
So, what’s the perfect stroller for your family? I will let you in on a secret… you really cannot go wrong with any of the options on this list from the luxurious Uppababy Cruz to the wallet-friendly Mockingbird.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which brand is best for stroller?
Uppababy is the best brand when it comes to strollers. While I strongly believe in picking a stroller that fits your family and lifestyle, you really can’t go wrong with an Uppababy stroller because they are adaptable and high-quality.
What is the best infant to toddler stroller?
The Uppababy Vista and the Mockingbird both offer amazing infant to toddler features and can grow with your family.
Why is UPPAbaby so popular?
Uppababy strollers are designed well, rank high in safety tests, and most of their strollers offer amazing grow-with-me features.
What type of baby stroller is best?
There are so many different types of strollers out there from umbrella strollers to joggers. I recommend you start your parenting journey with a travel system like the Cruz stroller and Mesa car seat duo. It is versatile and good for everyday use.
You May Also Like:
THE BEST INFANT CAR SEAT– WHAT TO LOOK FOR & WHY!
THE 8 BEST TRAVEL SYSTEM STROLLERS FOR EVERY TYPE OF MOM!
BUGABOO VS UPPABABY: THE ULTIMATE COMPARISON
Pin for Later!
Best Strollers of 2023
- UPPABABY CRUZ
- BABY JOGGER CITY MINI GT2 STROLLER
- CHICCO BRAVO TRIO TRAVEL SYSTEM
- MOCKINGBIRD STROLLER
- BUMBLERIDE ERA
- BABYZEN YOYO2 6+ STROLLER
- BUGABOO DONKEY 3 MONO
- BOB REVOLUTION FLEX 3. 0
- 3D LITE CONVENIENCE STROLLER
Which stroller to choose: tips for active moms
things of the century
October 6, 2020
Being a mother is interesting and also easy if there is a faithful assistant nearby. One of them will be the right stroller, which will allow you to stay active and multitask without parting with your baby.
To make the right choice, you need to familiarize yourself with the different models and their key features. Thule brand experts will help you decide on the most suitable option.
What to look out for
When choosing the right stroller, experts recommend evaluating its reliability. Check the stability of the fasteners, pay attention to the seat belt. The best option is a 5-point harness that securely fixes the child in the cradle and does not allow him to unfasten it on his own.
Take some time to review the package. Remember that the large visor of the stroller will protect the baby from the bright sun, and the built-in hood will protect it in the rain. Consider ease of operation and smooth movement so that the child feels comfortable and does not wake up from sudden movements.
The compactness of the product also plays an important role. The ability to conveniently carry and store the stroller will become one of the main factors, both in urban environments and while traveling. Do not forget about the parameters: calculate the dimensions of the elevator and doorways in advance so that there are no problems with transportation.
Which model to choose
To choose the right stroller, you need to consider its functional features. If you prefer long walks with your child and with a glass of coffee in your hand, then brand experts recommend paying attention to the stroller.
For example, the Thule Sleek Convertible is a true all-rounder with adjustable handles and a large basket with a pouch to hold your essentials on the go. The configuration of the stroller is easily changed and is suitable for children of different ages, so it will become a faithful companion on walks for more than one year. Also included is a bassinet, a seat for a second child and a child seat.
Model 9 is also suitable for group walks with friends and travel0016 Thule Spring for one child. It folds easily and becomes very compact, so you can take it with you on a trip. It meets the standards of hand luggage, which allows you to take it with you even in the cockpit.
For more active mothers who want to go for a morning run with their baby, a running model will do. The lightweight Thule Glide 2 has a streamlined design with plenty of legroom and an integrated handbrake to keep you safe on hilly terrain and while running. The suspension provides smooth control for an adult and comfort for a child. Also, the stroller is equipped with a 5-point safety harness and built-in ventilation.
And if you have twins, then the Thule Urban Glide 2 Double stroller will not only allow you to comfortably walk with two children, but also play sports. The model has a swivel handbrake, which improves maneuverability on uneven surfaces.
Advice for mothers
For a baby stroller, you can purchase a special anti-theft lock if you suddenly need to take your child to a clinic or a store. Such an accessory will allow you not to depend on the stroller and have time to complete all the tasks planned for the day.
And to make storing your stroller a breeze, consider special wheel covers that protect the floor from dirt and scratches. They will help a young mother save energy on unnecessary cleaning, and also give time that can be spent on herself.
Plan your day in advance and stick to the schedule. Spend your time on life, and Thule will take care of its comfort.
The Thule brand was founded in 1942 years in Sweden and for more than 75 years, has been offering active people high-quality accessories that provide everything you need for travel — safety, ease of movement and style.
The brand offers a huge selection of car boxes and accessories for bicycles, water and winter sports, bags for laptops and cameras, sports bags and backpacks, as well as accessories for outdoor activities with children. The Thule brand is the largest in the Thule Group, and the brand’s products are represented in more than 140 countries around the world.
rating of firms and models according to KP with prices and reviews
Buying a stroller is perhaps one of the most important purchases for a newborn. It often turns out to be difficult for parents to choose a transport for their baby: you need to take into account many nuances, find an option that would suit both the newborn and the parents in all respects. Fortunately, today the market has a huge selection of strollers, a variety of brands, models, including strollers for newborns in 2023. Among them, you will surely find your best stroller.
Popular and proven brands include CAM, Peg Perego, Inglesina, Navington Caravel, Zippy, Camarelo, Adamex, Riko, Reindeer, Essper, Tutis and others. All of them produce a fairly wide range of strollers for newborns, which come in several types.
Top 10 best strollers for newborns according to KP
The rating is based on the opinion of the KP editors. You can send recommendations and additions on the rating to [email protected]. To discuss issues of advertising cooperation, call +7 (495) 637-65-16 (on weekdays from 9:00 to 18:00).
Stroller Inglesina Sofia System Duo 2 in 1 on Ergo Bike chassis
Stroller Inglesina Sofia System Duo 2 in 1 on Ergo Bike chassis. Photo: yandex.market.ru
According to buyers and experts, this classic Italian cradle paired with a seat unit is one of the best stroller options for a newborn in terms of price and quality.
Parents note the smooth and soft ride of the stroller. This provides an Ergo Bike chassis with inflatable wheels. It folds simply and conveniently, the mechanism is a book, when folded, the stroller can easily fit in the car. She also enters the small elevator without any problems.
The cradle has a large bed, so in winter a warm envelope can easily fit in the stroller. And in summer, due to the ventilation provided in the base, it will not be hot. All fabric elements can be easily removed and washed. In addition, at the cradle, you can slightly raise its upper part: this is convenient when the child has not yet begun to fully sit, but already wants to explore the world.
One of the downsides of the stroller is its relatively large weight.
|Material||Polyester, aluminium, polypropylene, plastic|
|Wheels 90 108||4 air wheels|
|Accessories included|| Leg cover, mosquito net, rain cover, mattress, shopping basket, wheel inflation pump0093 Carrycot Navington Caravel 14 with bag. Photo: yandex.market.ru
The Polish brand offers a classic cradle designed for babies up to 6 months. The first thing that is noted in the reviews about this stroller is its chic appearance. The stroller is made of eco-leather, in the manufacturer’s lineup there are many different pleasant colors. It looks really nice and «expensive», although the price is quite reasonable. But, of course, the main thing in any stroller is its convenience and safety for the newborn. Here Navington Caravel also did not disappoint.
Four large inflatable wheels and a cushioning system make the stroller move smoothly and easily, the baby will feel comfortable even when you are walking along the forest paths. In addition, the stroller has a unique swivel front wheel system, making this large «ship» easy to steer. The cradle itself is roomy, the backrest is adjustable in two positions. Parents also appreciated the shopping cart from this stroller. Unlike most other models, it is not fabric, but metal, and therefore durable and roomy.
Among the shortcomings, parents note the rather large weight of the stroller, as well as the inconvenient mechanism for adjusting the handle: you need to immediately press the buttons on both sides of the handle with both hands, and at the same time lower or raise it yourself.
CAM Cortina Evolution X3 Tris 3 in 1 stroller
CAM Cortina Evolution X3 Tris 3 in 1 stroller. Photo : yandex.market. en
Models 3 in 1 are often chosen by parents of newborns. For an affordable price, you get three stroller options at once: a classic cradle, a car seat and a walking block. One of the best models in this category, according to customer reviews, is the stroller of the Italian brand CAM.
Parents praise this model for its spacious carrycot, good maneuverability, which is ensured, among other things, by one front wheel that rotates 360 degrees. All wheels are removable, it is convenient to wash them after a walk. There are shock absorbers adjustable in stiffness, which helps on a bad road. The base itself is easy to fold (book mechanism), changing the blocks is also not difficult.
The seat block is quite roomy, it can be installed in the direction of travel and against the direction of travel, that is, facing the adult. The back is insulated and folds out to a lying position. It is convenient to place the infant carrier both in the car and on the basis of the stroller if, for example, you need to go to the store.
Among the shortcomings, a rather large weight of the stroller is noted, as well as an uncomfortable hood — it is poorly fixed in the unfolded position.
Peg-perego Culla auto carrycot a auto. Photo: yandex.market.ru
The classic cradle of a popular Italian brand is a favorite among parents for its comfort for the newborn and excellent cross-country ability. Everything is thought out, according to the reviews of parents, to the smallest detail.
The cradle is spacious and roomy, it can be installed both facing an adult and vice versa. Moreover, there are two options for using the cradle: winter and summer, when the warm hood is removed and a light mesh remains. The stroller is made of high quality materials, everything is sewn perfectly. Inside the cradle there are various small pockets where you can put baby things, a pacifier, for example. The cradle itself can also be used as an infant carrier: it has fasteners and is equipped with seat belts.
As for cross-country ability, some parents call this stroller an off-road vehicle: it will pass through snow porridge and any off-road easily and without much effort on the part of parents. With depreciation, too, everything is fine — it does not jump on bumps, rides smoothly, the child does not shake.
The disadvantages of the stroller are the relatively high cost, given that this is a classic carrycot and after 6-8 months it will have to be changed to another stroller.
Stroller Camarelo Sevilla 2 in 1
Stroller Camarelo Sevilla 2 in 1. Photo: yandex.market.ru
Another Polish brand popular with Russian parents. The stroller is inexpensive, while it suits parents with its appearance, the quality of materials, and running characteristics.
The manufacturer offers a wide range of colors: about 20 different shades, ranging from soft beige tones to bright yellow and bright red. The stroller has large inflatable wheels, which makes the ride soft and smooth. Passability is decent, including on city streets not cleared of snow.
Cradle deep, roomy, made of solid plastic. Inside — cotton fillers and a mattress. Many parents note a large, deeply fastened hood, which perfectly protects in winter from snow and strong winds. Well, its relatively small weight cannot but please young mothers, and fathers too. The chassis can be folded at the touch of a button and fits easily into the trunk.
Of the minuses, they note that it can be difficult to enter some elevators, which can scratch the frame. As well as color fading on bright models.