100 Best Nephew quotes For Free (Funny Quotes 2023 Updated)
Are you searching for top Nephew quotes? There’s something extra special about the relationship between an aunt, uncle, and nephew. Possible explanation: they are like little versions of your older siblings, showering you with love, care, and support.
Here are some humorous and heartwarming nephew quotes to help you show your appreciation.
A nephew is like a ball of boundless vitality. Their one-of-a-kind charm may make them some of your most beloved companions. They enjoy your company and are eager to do anything with you, whether it’s become close friends, shared deep emotions, or just shared leisure time.
Get ready to make your favorite nephews laugh and smile with these hilarious quotes. The following quotations about nephews will demonstrate the immense value of having one.
Although the joy of becoming a parent is widely celebrated, the joy of becoming an uncle is often overlooked. Leave a comment telling us which of these quotes about nephews was your favorite.
Nephew Quotes From Aunt
Your nephews will always look up to you as a cool aunt or uncle, but they also have the potential to become some of your closest friends in the future. If you want to deepen your connection with them and make it easier for them to confide in you, tell them how much they mean to you.
These wonderful nephew quotes can be used to express your affection for your nephew, your joy at his presence in your life, your pride in him, and even your sense of humor. These notes will fill them with warmth and happiness, putting a grin on their faces.
“I have a talented nephew, and I am sure he would be a successful Sci Fi youngster one day.”
“My nephew is so special that he is just like me.”
“You are the one who made me special by calling me ‘aunt.’”
“My life is better now that I am an Aunt to an awesome nephew like you. ”
“You are less like a nephew and more like my son. Every corner of my heart was captured by your first breath.”
“Behind every great nephew is an aunt cheering him on.”
“My nephew’s voice is my favorite sound.”
“My nephew has changed my life for the better.
“To me, my nephew is the angel of my world. It is my absolute happiest moment whenever he smiles at me.”
“Your birth opened up many opportunities for me to learn how to be the best auntie in the world.”
“To my nephew, you are a joy to my heart and a delight to my eyes. You are a wonderful addition to this family.”
“Happiness is actually found in simple things, such as taking my nephew around the island by bicycle or seeing the stars at night. We go to coffee shops or see airplanes land at the airport. ” – Andrea Hirata
Happy Birthday Nephew Quotes
One of our birthday wishes for your nephew is the perfect way to honor your nephew on his special day. Your life completely shifted when you found out your sibling was expecting a child. Even though he’s not your biological offspring, your nephew is undeniably one of the most fascinating and significant young people you know.
When your nephew’s birthday rolls around, don’t waste the chance to make him feel like the center of your universe. You care deeply about your nephew, so don’t let his birthday go by without throwing him a spectacular party.
Make this year’s birthday one that your nephew will always remember. Learn what he values most so that you can find a present that speaks to his interests and hobbies. Once you have the present, you should also make sure you have the best birthday wishes for your Nephew! The best birthday wishes for your favorite nephew can be found in our collection. The best nephew ever will be overjoyed to receive a card full of such positive emotions.
A true uncle remembers your birthday and not just your age. I’m looking forward to many more years celebrating your birthday nephew.
The best thing I get to do in life is love and pamper you, nephew. It truly brings me joy. Happy birthday, nephew!
The best nephew deserves the best uncle. You’re welcome, and happy birthday nephew!
Happy birthday to my number one nephew! (Psst: but don’t tell the others!)
Happy 1st birthday, my sweet nephew! I can’t wait to see what he thinks of his birthday cupcake later today!
Happy Birthday to a very special nephew! We love you so much and are very proud of the fine young man you are. Hope that you have a special day!
Aunt And Nephew Quotes
It’s the beginning of a beautiful adventure and bond when a sister gives birth to a son. It merits an entire article of heartfelt expressions. Here you will find many quotations about nephews and uncles. The auntie’s quotes about nephews are also fantastic.
It’s likely your nephew already knows how much you care about him, but a quick Whatsapp message never hurts. One’s nephews are just as dear to him as his own children. This article is dedicated to the most awesome aunts and uncles in the world, and it features some of the cutest quotes ever said about nephews.
“By relation you are my nephew and I am your aunt. But for all other practical purposes, you are my second son whom I love to pamper and spoil with treats all year round.”
“Getting to hug a cute toddler like you is the best and the worst part about being your aunt. I feel like the luckiest aunt in the world when I hug you. But the moment I let go, I feel sad and depressed. Such is my undying love for you.”
Bond Nephew Quotes
Many different kinds of family relationships exist in today’s world. It’s true that some of these connections are simpler than others, but they can all improve your health in some way.
The relationship between an aunt and a nephew is one of the most unique and special in the family. Because it’s founded on such strong foundations as love, trust, and mutual appreciation, it’s something to be protected, cultivated, and celebrated.
Aunts are attracted to their nephews for more than just the simple fact that they see them as role models. Aunts have a special chance to mold their nephews into successful adults. They can motivate them to grow as individuals and become more respectful and charitable as a result.
These touching quotes about aunts and nephews are just what you need to learn more about the unique relationship that develops between them.
“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. “Oh, no,” I said. “Disneyland burned down.” He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.” – Jack Handy
“There’s something so great about being with your nephew and, when you’re tired, just handing him off back to your sister.” – Tahj Mowry
“Happiness is actually found in simple things, such as taking my nephew around the island by bicycle or seeing the stars at night. We go to coffee shops or see airplanes land at the airport.” – Andrea Hirata
“I always joke with people that having nephews is the best birth control there is.” – Tahj Mowry
“I like to take pictures of lots of things: people-such as my nephews, my dogs, and just interesting objects that I see. For instance, I might take a picture of flowers by the side of the road, an old sign or a fence. ” – Lacey Chabert
Nephew Quotes From Uncle
These are the top nephew quotes from my uncle. No biological ties to the child are required. Telling your nephew or niece how much you care can have a profound effect if you are their uncle or aunt. Gifts and quality time spent together are both great ways to show someone you care.
The relationship between an uncle and his nephew is the quintessential example of “partners in crime.” Their chemistry is undeniable, and they can do anything together. Let’s take a look at some of the best uncle quotes for nephews.
“My nephews all look at me differently now. Before, they couldn’t relate to me, and now I’m like a god.”
– Ruth Buzzi
“It distresses me when I take my seven-year-old nephew out. I cook healthy food, and he wants to go to McDonald’s. He doesn’t even like the food; he just wants the toys, the Happy Meals. I can’t stand to see people walking down the street eating fast food. ” – Julia Sawalha
“Seeing my nephew smile, makes me smile too.”
“There’s this boy… he kinda stole my heart, he calls me Uncle.”
“Great! I now have a nephew who will inherit the greatness of his uncle.”
“If you think I’m cute, you should see my nephew.”
“An uncle doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you.”
“I’m so blessed to have a nephew like you. I love you.”
Funny Nephew Quotes
Send these hilarious quotes to your nephews and you’ll be rewarded with hours of laughter and conversation.
“Nephew cheats everyone, but he is a gentleman.”
“Nephew wins the race in a blind chase.”
“I object to that remark very strongly!” – The Magician’s Nephew
“Turtles are greater than baby nephews because it’s ok to drop a turtle. ”
“I always joke with people that having nephews is the best birth control there is.” – Tahj Mowry
“My nephews all look at me differently now. Before, they couldn’t relate to me, and now I’m like a god.” – Ruth Buzzi
“There’s something so great about being with your nephew and, when you’re tired, just handing him off back to your sister.” – Tahj Mowry
“Don’t thank your parents for bringing you into this world. One Christmas, I made a wish to Santa Claus to give me a wonderful nephew and that is how you were born, so thank me.”
These were the top Nephew quotes. Being a doting aunt or uncle to a group of adorable little nephews is almost as rewarding as being a parent.
Follow Us: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest
110 Nephew Quotes to Show How Much You Love Them
Whether you are an aunt or an uncle, these nephew quotes will surely remind you of the love and joy that kids can bring into your life.
Our nephews are the little angels that we will love no matter what they do. They bring us incomparable happiness and contentment just by taking care of them or hanging out with them. But, at the same time, we can’t help but feel nervous because of the role we have in their lives.
Five Quotes That Could Change Every…
Five Quotes That Could Change Everything
So, don’t worry if it’s your first time to have a nephew because these quotes will guide you to be the coolest uncle or aunt they will ever have.
Check out our complete list below that focuses on the experiences of having a nephew.
Continue reading below.
And make sure to read these aunt quotes and uncle quotes.
Best Nephew Quotes
1. “The nephew that I know and I love, and I know in my heart.” – Anna Jones
2. “To me, my nephew is the angel of my world. It is my absolute happiest moment whenever he smiles at me.” – Li Bingbing
3. “Happiness is actually found in simple things such as taking my nephew around. ” – Andrea Hirata
4. “If I could give my nephew one thing in life, it would be the ability to see himself through my eyes. Only then would he realize how special he is to me.” – Anonymous
5. “Wherever my nephew will be, there my love will also be.” – Anonymous
6. “Any day spent with you, my nephew, is my favorite day.” – A.A. Milne
7. “One of the best things in life that I get to do is to love, pamper, and fuss over my little nephew.” – Anonymous
8. “Seeing my nephew happy makes it all worth it.” – Anonymous
9. “Your nephew can brighten your world like no one else can.” – Anonymous
10. “To my nephew, you are a joy to my heart and a delight to my eyes. You are a wonderful addition to this family.” – Anonymous
11. “When God made nephews, I got the best one!” – Anonymous
12. “You should always treat your nephew like your own son.” – Anonymous
13. “You are less like a nephew and more like my son. Every corner of my heart was captured by your first breath. ” – Anonymous
14. “Why have kids when you can just have nephews?” – Anonymous
15. “I may not have given birth to my nephew, but that doesn’t stop me from loving him as if he were my own.” – Anonymous
Also read: Cousin Quotes, Twin Quotes
Heartwarming Quotes About Nephews
16. “Dear nephew, I love taking you to the island by bicycle or seeing the stars at night. Let’s go to coffee shops or see airplanes land at the airport.” – Andrea Hirata
17. “Every child needs at least one adult who is irrationally crazy about him or her.” – Urie Bronfenbrenner
18. “That magical moment when your mother places you in my arms, I knew she placed you right into my heart.” – Anonymous
19. “I really want my nephew to have a little bit of an advantage over everyone when it comes time for him to make his way in the world.” – Chad Michaels
20. “Every time I go to my nephew’s house, he wishes to show me all his drawings. I know I’m biased, but those things belong in a museum. ” – James Avery
21. “Nephews like you are precious gold because they keep their uncles from getting old.” – Anonymous
22. “I love the sound of my nephew’s voice, even if it’s from a thousand miles away. It keeps me going.” – Anonymous
23. “The love between uncles and nephews is something precious, an exchange of gifts before the young lift their anchors and the old seek a safe harbor.” – Anonymous
24. “My nephew feels like he has got me under his command. Well, he is right.” – Anonymous
25. “An uncle doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you.” – Anonymous
26. “It’s really important to me that my nephews can come and see my show.” – Jessie J.
27. “No matter how old you grow, no matter how successful you become, no matter what heights you reach in life, in my mind, you will always be my little nephew.” – Anonymous
28. “Sometimes, the littlest things take up the most room in your heart.” – A.A. Milne
29. “Why should I marry? One marries to have children, but I already have children! My nieces and nephews are my children. ” – Salman Khan
30. “To my nephew, I will be here for you no matter what.” – Anonymous
Also read: Sister Quotes, Family Quotes
Quotes That Focus on the Hilarious Things Nephews Do
31. “My two-year-old nephew learned to imitate laser beam sounds, a rite of childhood. Getting hit with a lot of imaginary beams, a rite of unclehood.” – Matthew Pleasant
32. “It distresses me when I take my seven-year-old nephew out. I cook healthy food, and he wants to go to McDonald’s.” – Julia Sawalha
33. “My nephew doesn’t even like good food. He just wants the toys.” – Julia Sawalha
34. “Today, I am forcing my nephews to watch my favorite movie, Seven Samurai, because even if you have a cool uncle, sometimes, the price is enduring a three-plus hour subtitled black and white movie on vacation.” – Lin-Manuel Miranda
35. “My nephew is manipulative and scheming, and those are his good qualities.” – Kelley Armstrong
36. “I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead, I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke.” – Jack Handey
37. “If you think I’m fast, just wait until you see my nephew Bruno.” – Ayrton Senna
38. “Electricity can be dangerous. My nephew tried to stick a penny into a plug. Whoever said a penny doesn’t go far didn’t see him shoot across that floor. I told him he was grounded.” – Tim Allen
39. “I always ask my crying nephew, ‘Dude, why are you crying? Your life is great. All you do is eat apple sauce and take naps. That’s your day.’” – Hannibal Buress
40. “Finally, a Thanksgiving without a drunken uncle. Just me, my nieces and nephews, and my bottle of Jack Daniels.” – Conan O’Brien
Also read: Father and Daughter Quotes, Mother and Daughter Quotes
Quotes That Uncles Can Say to Their Nephews
41. “There’s this boy. He kind of stole my heart. He calls me uncle.” – Anonymous
42. “There’s something so great about being with your nephew, and when you’re tired, just handing him off back to your sister. ” – Tahj Mowry
43. “Great! I now have a nephew who will inherit the greatness of his uncle.” – Anonymous
44. “The best thing that will happen to me this year? I will be an uncle for the first time.” – Anonymous
45. “Hey, I’m just looking for an excuse to retire so I can play summer league baseball, go coach my nephews, play pickup basketball. I’ve always had that ability to move on to the next thing.” – Doug Flutie
46. “I’m definitely going to be setting up a trust fund for my little nephew.” – Chad Michaels
47. “I choose parts because I don’t want to be embarrassed when the movie comes out. What if my nephew wandered into the theater and saw the movie?” – Wallace Shawn
48. “I feel very much like a father sometimes to my nephew, but sometimes, I feel like a teammate.” – Dusty Baker
49. “Uncles are there to help the child get into mischief that they haven’t thought of yet.” – Anonymous
50. “All nephews are cool and brilliant. Obviously, they take after their uncles. ” – Anonymous
Also read: Niece Quotes
Quotes About Things Aunts Tell Their Nephews
51. “Behind every great nephew is an aunt cheering him on.” – Anonymous
52. “Being a sister is priceless, but being the best aunt to my nephew is an honor.” – Anonymous
53. “Your birth opened up many opportunities for me to learn how to be the best auntie in the world.” – Anonymous
54. “Honestly, I don’t think I would have been that quick or even thought to do that. I’m just grateful he’s alright, and I can’t thank my nephew enough for what he did.” – Donna King
55. “The word ‘aunt’ became very special only after I heard my nephew called me that.” – Anonymous
56. “I have an amazing nephew who is talented and just plain awesome. Yes, he gets a lot of that from his aunt.” – Anonymous
57. “But if I were you, I would stand by the nephew. He has more to give.” – Jane Austen
58. “I love spending time with you, my nephew, and music has always bonded us. ” – Jessie J.
59. “I’ve helped with nephews, stepchildren, and my own son, so the biggest challenge is making sure the kids are raised and finding enough quality time with them.” – Reba McEntire
60. “I sort of like bumper cars, but I don’t really go to Disneyland all that much unless if have my nephews.” – Anjelica Huston
Funny Nephew Quotes That Will Make You Laugh
61. “I always joke with people that having nephews is the best birth control there is.” – Tahj Mowry
62. “Before you were born, I associated the word uncle with old and wobbly men. After you were born, I started associating the word uncle with smart and handsome men. Thanks for teaching me what uncles are really all about.” – Anonymous
63. “To my nephew, when mom says no, I am on your speed dial.” – Anonymous
64. “Shopping for kids for Christmas presents is so much fun, but having a kid sounds like too much work, so being an uncle is the perfect scenario! Glad my sister had a baby, so I don’t have to!” – Ricky Dillon
65. “I love my nephews. I also spoil them, then give them back.” – Anonymous
66. “Nephew’s hair got so blonde this summer, it looks peroxided. He is getting it cut, so kids won’t think he is punk. I have failed as an uncle.” – Anonymous
67. “My nephews all look at me differently now. Before, they couldn’t relate to me, and now, I’m like a god.” – Ruth Buzzi
68. “Nothing like teaching your three-and-a-half-year-old nephew about the joys of a whoopie cushion and throwing a football in one night! Sweet uncledom!” – Brandon Barash
69. “Well, I’m an uncle now, don’t know if I’m a good one. My nephew asked me the difference between a hamster and a gerbil, and I told him I thought there was more dark meat on a gerbil.” – Bobcat Goldthwait
70. “Having my own child will be a piece of cake. My nephew gave me more than enough practice on parenthood.” – Anonymous
Sweet Quotes About How Fulfilling It Is to Take Care of Your Nephew
71. “I’ve had two young children close to me born into the world—my nephew and my goddaughter. ” – Michael Clarke
72. “To be on television and have my nephews see me, and seeing them wear my shirt to the games and be proud, it’s so sweet.” – Susan Joy Wicks
73. “I am proud to be an aunt. Only aunties can love you like a mom, keep secrets like a sister, act like a true friend, and kick your butt when you needed.” – Anonymous
74. “Nieces and nephews give you the chance to be the parent you would be if you didn’t have to worry about being a parent.” – Anonymous
75. “By relation, you are my nephew, and I am your aunt. But for all other practical purposes, you are my second son whom I love to pamper and spoil with treats all year round.” – Anonymous
76. “With you, I get to play with fairies, ride with unicorns, swim with mermaids, and fly to the moon.” – Anonymous
77. “I know time will inevitably turn you all into adults, and my role as your aunt will evolve as you mature. I want you all to know that no matter your age, I’ll always play with you, my arms will never grow tired of your hugs, your tears will never bother my shoulder, and my door is always open for a visit from you. Thank you for making my life fuller. I love you.” – Anonymous
78. “The moment my nephew came into the world, I realized that logic could not make sense of someone who’s so brand new to you.” – Anonymous
79. “Your parents have done some awesome things in this world, but the best thing they did was to give me the best nephew like you!” – Anonymous
80. “If all nephews are supposed to be as cute and adorable as you, your aunt wants to give your mother a nephew too.” – Anonymous
Quotes to Wish Your Nephew a Happy Birthday
81. “Nephew, you are a connection to life, a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. Happy birthday.” – Anonymous
82. “You are growing up really fast, dear nephew. Are you doing this to make your poor uncle feel old? Happy birthday.” – Anonymous
83. “I will never experience old age in its true sense because my nephew’s company will keep me young forever. Happy birthday.” – Anonymous
84. “My birthday gift for you today is giving you the title of the best nephew in the world. I hope your party favor will be to give me the title of the best aunt in the world. Happy birthday.” – Anonymous
85. “I am glad you didn’t turn out to be humdrum like your mother or your father. You turned out to be a charming Casanova, just like your uncle. Happy birthday.” – Anonymous
Cute and Witty Quotes to Appreciate Your Nephew
86. “You get the fun of spending time with your nephew without having to be the person responsible for taking care of them. It’s the best of both worlds.” – Anonymous
87. “My nephew has changed my life for the better.” – Anonymous
88. “My first nephew, he couldn’t say Auntie Nicole, so he called me Coco.” – Nikki Bella
89. “You may be a best bud to your friends and a good son to your parents. But you beat all these things with the way you are a terrific nephew to your aunt.” – Anonymous
90. “I love my nephew more than I have ever found the words to say. ” – Anonymous
91. “My dear nephew, you are my best child, best friend, and best companion. You’re the apple of my eye, and I can’t imagine living without you.” – Anonymous
92. “Seeing my nephew smile makes me smile too.” – Anonymous
93. “You are such a cool kid. You make your uncle proud to be the brother of your parent.” – Anonymous
94. “If you think I’m cute, you should see my nephew.” – Anonymous
95. “I love my nephew, forever and always.” – Anonymous
96. “Nephews can be fun and wild. They can be a partner in crime or the person you spend your time teasingly tormenting. But at the end of the day, you still hug them tight and kiss them goodnight.” – Anonymous
97. “I never knew how much I could love a person until my nephew was born.” – Anonymous
98. “Your birth is the beginning of all my better days.” – Anonymous
99. “How cool are nephews? It’s like having kids, but just for a couple of hours.” – Anonymous
100. “Nephews are what we dream our sons to be. ” – Anonymous
More Quotes About Nephews From Aunts and Uncles
101. “My life is better now that I am an aunt to an awesome nephew like you.” – Anonymous
102. “I’m so blessed to have a nephew like you. I love you.” – Anonymous
103. “My nephew is the best. He took after me.” – Anonymous
104. “My nephew is very special to me. I cannot imagine my life without him.” – Anonymous
105. “Dear nephew, as you will already have realized during our much too brief companionship, I am essentially a man of principle.” – Franz Kafka
106. “My nephew’s birth has brought immeasurable joy and happiness to my entire family.” – Anonymous
107. “Best birthday wishes to the man I will forever call my little boy! I love you, from your loving aunt.” – Anonymous
108. “Turtles are greater than baby nephews because it’s okay to drop a turtle.” – Demetri Martin
109. “Getting to hug a cute toddler like you is the best and the worst part about being your aunt. I feel like the luckiest aunt in the world when I hug you. But the moment I let go, I feel sad and depressed. Such is my undying love for you.” – Anonymous
110. “Mom and dad minus their nagging is equal to aunt and uncle.” – Anonymous
Did These Quotes Give You an Idea About the Wonderful Experience of Having a Nephew?
Through our nephews, we can find a new purpose to guide our loved ones in life. As uncles and aunts, we are that stable and go-to person children need apart from their parents. We offer the love of a parent, thinking of an adult, and the closeness of a best friend.
Kids need different perspectives to flourish and grow, and that is precisely what we can offer. Our nephews can comfortably tell us their embarrassing experiences that they would never share with their parents. It gives us a chance to provide new and mature thinking that can impact their lives in a way.
We hope that you enjoyed and learned a lot about nephews in this collection. The presence of a child can undoubtedly heal our souls and offer refreshment in our lives. We hope these quotes were able to make you a little bit more excited about hugging and seeing your nephews again.
Did these nephew quotes make you laugh and cry at the same time? Were you able to relate to the quotes? Let us know in the comments section below.
Lot, nephew of the righteous Abraham: life, icons, memorial day
Days of remembrance
22 of October
Life of Abraham and Lot
After God mixed languages in Babylon, people divided into many nations forgot the true God and began to worship idols. Then the Lord commanded Abram, “Get out of your land. I will make you into a great nation, I will bless you and make your name great.” Having accepted the command of God with faith and humility, Abram left Ur of the Chaldees and settled in the land of Canaan with his wife Sarah and nephew Lot. Lot soon separated from Abram, but the city where he settled was captured by enemies, and Lot was captured. Abram armed his slaves, defeated the enemies and freed Lot. As Abram returned victorious, the kings came out to meet him. Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, brought out bread and wine and blessed Abram. The Lord Himself was with Abram and made a covenant with him, saying: «Look at the sky and count the stars, if you can, so many descendants will you have.» (By his descendants is meant the Church of the Lord.) When Abram was 99 years old, the Lord appeared to him and said: “I am God Almighty; walk before my face and be blameless: and I will establish my covenant with you and give you a numerous offspring. Now you will not be called Abram, but let your name be Abraham; for I will make you a father of many nations. (The name Abraham means «father of the multitude»). Let your wife’s name be Sarah. And she will bear you a son, and his name will be Isaac.
At the oak forest of Mamre, where Abraham settled, the Lord appeared to him under the guise of three wanderers (a prototype of the Holy Trinity). Having received with honors and generously treated the guests, Abraham found the favor of God. One of the guests said: «Next year, when I am with you again at this time, your wife will have a son.» It was also revealed to Abraham about the intention of the Lord to destroy the inhabitants of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, who were mired in sin. Abraham asked for deliverance from the punishment of his nephew Lot, who lived a righteous life in Sodom. Two angels came to Lot’s house in the form of strangers. The Sodomites began to demand their extradition. Then the angels struck the Sodomites with blindness, and Lot and his relatives were ordered to leave the city for the mountains. «Save your soul and don’t look back,» they said. After their departure, Sodom and Gomorrah were struck by fire and sulfur that fell from the sky, and the whole country turned into a salt lake (now the Dead Sea). Lot’s wife disobeyed the angel’s command. Turning back, she turned into a pillar of salt.
When Abraham was one hundred years old, Sarah bore him a son, Isaac. Then Abraham ordered his servant Hagar, from whom he had a son, Ismail, to leave the house. Loving Abraham, the Lord produced numerous Arabian peoples from Ismail. And now, after many years of life, the Lord sends Abraham the last test, surpassing the strength of an ordinary person. Testing Abraham’s faith, God called to him: «Take your only son, whom you love, Isaac, go to the land of Moriah and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains that I will show you.» Despite great tribulation, Abraham obeyed the will of the Lord. Having come with his son to Mount Moriah (in the center of present-day Jerusalem), he built a fire. And Isaac said to Abraham: “My father! Here is the fire and the wood, where is the lamb for the burnt offering?” Abraham answered, «God will provide for Himself a lamb, my son.» Having bound Isaac, Abraham placed him on the altar and, taking a knife, stretched out his hand to slaughter him. But at that moment he heard the voice of God: “Abraham! Do not raise your hand against the lad, for now I know that you are afraid of God and have not spared your only son for Me. Abraham untied Isaac and, seeing a ram entangled in the bushes, offered it as a burnt offering. And the Lord said: “I swear by me that since you have done this work and have not spared your only son for Me, then I will bless you, and in your seed all the nations of the earth will be blessed because you obeyed My voice.”
A few years later, Sarah died, and Abraham entered into a new marriage with Keturah, by whom he had six more sons. After living one hundred and seventy-five years, Abraham peacefully gave his spirit to the Lord God. From him, as the ancestor of the Jewish people, Christ Himself descended according to the flesh, and all those who truly believe in Christ are called the sons of Abraham.
See also: « The Life of Saint Righteous Abraham » by St. Dimitri Rostovsky.
Were there gays in the Romanov dynasty? Understanding the biographies of all candidates
Grand Duke Konstantin Konstantinovich (1858–1915) and village attendants
He was a poet, general, scientist, member of the Russian Imperial House, cousin of Nicholas II. He confessed his vice to a diary, which he later transferred to the archive of the Russian Academy of Sciences, of which he was president from 1889 to 1915. But provided that the contents will be made public no earlier than 90 years after death.
Photo © Wikipedia
Historians violated the nobleman’s request by publishing entries in 1994. Some details of the diary made specialists blush. It turned out that Prince Konstantin Konstantinovich had been sexually attracted to members of his own sex for many years. And far from always prevented this attraction.
— Konstantin Konstantinovich was a hidden gay, constantly sinning with bathhouse attendants and sex, — characterizes Prince Lev Lurie, a Russian historian, in his book «The Doomed City. Guide to St. Petersburg before the Revolution.» And then gives an excerpt from the diary in which the nobleman repents of his sin. «My secret vice completely took possession of me. There was a time, and quite a long one, that I almost defeated him, from the end of 1893 to 1900. But since then, and especially since April of the current  year (just before the birth of our charming George ), again slipped and rolled and still roll, as if on an inclined plane, lower and lower, « — writes the Grand Duke.
Egyptian god of potency and perverted Buddhist monk. Cultures where sex is a religion
What kind of attendants does Lurie write about? This question will be answered by a quote from the diary of Konstantin Konstantinovich, which is already quoted in his book by Doctor of Historical Sciences Igor Viktorovich Zimin. «On June 23, 1904, Sergey Syroezhkin was busy and brought his brother, a 20-year-old guy Kondraty, who works as a bathhouse attendant in the Mustache Baths. And I made this guy sin», — wrote Konstantin Konstantinovich, according to the work of Zimin under the title «Doctors of the Court of His Imperial Majesty».
A relative of the Emperor concealed his homosexuality all his life. He sinned, judging by other records, he was exclusively with commoners. And more than once. Non-traditional sexual orientation did not at all prevent Konstantin Konstantinovich from becoming an exemplary family man and having as many as 9 children with the German princess Elizabeth Mavrikievna.
Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich (1857–1905), who almost abandoned his wife
The fifth son of the All-Russian Emperor Alexander II. He had the title of Moscow governor-general. Even during his lifetime, there were rumors that the nobleman was engaged in sodomy. Moreover, there is an opinion that Sergei Alexandrovich founded a closed club of homosexuals in St. Petersburg. Direct evidence of this, however, does not exist. And in the diary, the prince did not speak frankly on this topic.
Photo © Wikipedia
— Sergei Alexandrovich lives with his adjutant Martynov, who suggested to his wife more than once that she choose a husband from the people around her, — Alexandra Viktorovna Bogdanovich writes about the prince in her memoirs. She was a general’s wife and owner of one of the most famous salons in St. Petersburg at that time, which was located in the Myatlevs’ house. Although Bogdanovich herself did not have an impeccable reputation. The previously mentioned Lev Lurie in the book «Dostoevsky’s Petersburg» calls the owner of the club a well-known metropolitan gossip.
Toilet inhalation and blood cocktails. The biggest mistakes of people in the fight against plague, the Spanish flu and Ebola
Fortunately, not only her words are limited to evidence of the unconventional orientation of the Grand Duke. Foreign Minister Count Vladimir Lamsdorf jokingly hinted at this too. «Two new anecdotes are circulating around the city: «Moscow has so far stood on seven hills, but now it must stand on one hillock» — writes in Lamsdorf’s diary shortly after Sergei Alexandrovich becomes governor-general. A joke and a hint lie in the word «hill». From French bougr’e can also be translated as «a person with unnatural inclinations. »
The writer Nina Berberova also touched upon this topic. In one of the episodes of her memoirs «Tchaikovsky, the story of a lonely life» she calls a certain «familiar to quite a lot of teachers of Latin and Greek» the lover of Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich. Berberova cites this case as a rare example when a member of the upper class was punished for homosexuality. Say, for communication with the prince, the nameless teacher was exiled to Saratov for three years, and then returned to Moscow.
It is hard to ignore in this story the fact that although Sergei Alexandrovich was married, he had no children. He was also despised by the rest of the imperial family. The only Romanov who came to say goodbye to the Governor-General after the tragic death, was Grand Duke Konstantin Konstantinovich, whom we wrote about above.
Grand Duke Nikolai Mikhailovich (1859–1919) and freemasons
Grandson of the All-Russian Emperor Nicholas I, general, historian and famous collector of butterflies. It is believed that the Grand Duke made a great contribution to the development of domestic lepidopterology. He was in close contact with representatives of the Parisian Masonic Lodge. Actually, including on this fact, the assumption about the homosexuality of the Grand Duke is based.
Photo © Wikipedia
Sex no, ugly hats yes. How quarantine has changed German football and Chinese schools What men are most afraid of in an intimate relationship 12
Previously mentioned Nina Berberova characterizes Nikolai Mikhailovich as a very educated young man who knew many languages. Meanwhile, she notices behind her object of observation the absence of any interest in the female sex. «Abroad, he was either with French and English historians, or with young people whom he preferred to young women, treating the latter more than coldly. Nikolai Mikhailovich was single until the end of his life and was in many ways not like the rest of the tsar’s family» , — quotes Berberova in his book «Grand Duke Dmitry Pavlovich, or No one is given the right to kill» historian Vyacheslav Lyalin.
Dmitry Pavlovich has a lot to do with it. According to the same Berberova, both Grand Dukes were lovers. Which could very well be true. Firstly, Dmitry Pavlovich was orphaned in early childhood and was adopted by the same Sergei Alexandrovich, who was the uncle of the baby. Some sources claim that the latter corrupted his nephew. Secondly, Dmitry Pavlovich and Nikolai Mikhailovich communicated quite closely. Contemporaries considered Nikolai Mikhailovich the spiritual mentor of Dmitry Pavlovich. This mentor was very attached to the ward. The senior prince saw off his relative to exile on the Persian front, and after that he often visited him.
Grand Duke Dmitry Pavlovich (1891–1942) and his transvestite friend
Grandson of Alexander II and cousin of Nicholas II. First of all, he is known as the murderer of Grigory Rasputin, whom he, by the way, eliminated along with Prince Felix Felixovich Yusupov. But not only the murder of the elder connects the imperial relative with the famous rich man.
Photo © Wikipedia
Ponds where people rot alive. The most dangerous unicellular organism in the world has been grown in the USA0011
Dmitry Pavlovich and Felix Yusupov were friends from early childhood. But they really bonded at a young age. «Dmitry Pavlovich served in the Guards Cavalry Regiment, but could not get close to any of his colleagues. In this situation, Dmitry became closer to Felix. Prince Felix tried to replace Dmitry’s sister, becoming an indispensable person for him», — writes Vyacheslav Lyalin.
Photo © Wikipedia
Everything would be fine, but Yusupov’s reputation gives reason to doubt that there was exclusively platonic love between young people. Prince Felix Feliksovich was known as a spender and spendthrift. He liked to dress in women’s clothes and lived exclusively in male circles. The author of the book «Grand Duke Dmitry Pavlovich, or Nobody Has the Right to Kill» calls Yusupov a transvestite and a homosexual.