Printable Little Red Riding Hood Sequencing Activity
This post may contain affiliate links.
This Little Red Riding Hood sequencing activity is a great way to help young learners practice ordering events and storytelling.
Add these story sequencing cards to your literacy centers for a fun, hands-on activity.
All little ones love Little Red Riding Hood. This classic fairy tale is a great one to add to your bookshelf in the early years.
There are many versions of the book which makes it easy to find one to suit your needs. For example, you may need to find one without mention of the woodcutter killing the wolf at the end for your sensitive kiddos.
Then, after you’ve read the story a time or two, your kids can practice story sequencing with this free preschool printable.
Little Red Riding Hood Sequencing
Story sequencing is perfect for building important early learning skills with your preschool and kindergarten kiddos.
These story sequencing printables will help little ones practice ordering the sequence of events and build reading comprehension skills too.
Little Red Riding Hood
Little Red Riding Hood is the story of a young girl sent by her mother to take some goodies to her sick grandmother. She meets a wolf along the way and tells him where she’s headed. When she arrives at her grandmother’s house, Little Red Riding Hood discovers that her grandmother looks suspiciously like a sly wolf…
If you don’t have a copy of your own to read aloud, you can share this video with your children:
Preparing the Printable
There are two versions of this sequencing activity. One is a color version, and the other is black and white.
I like to print the color version on cardstock and laminate the pages for durability. I cut out the sequencing discs and put a velcro dot on the back of each one. I put the other half of the velcro dot on each circle on the sequencing mat.
If using the black and white version, I print on regular printer paper. The kids can color the pictures and cut/paste them onto the sequencing mat.
USING THE SEQUENCING ACTIVITY
You can use the laminated version in your literacy centers or as an individual activity.
The cut/paste version can be used as seat work. Kids can sequence the story as you read it aloud or share the video above.
When complete, have children retell the story aloud to a friend or family member. This is a great way to assess their comprehension skills.
There are so many fun activities you can do alongside a reading of Little Red Riding Hood. Check out a few of my favorites:
Add these free printable Little Red Riding Hood finger puppets to your fairy tale lesson plans. Kids will love retelling the story over and over again.
Little ones will enjoy this Little Red Riding Hood printable story pack. Twenty pages of early math and literacy activities to keep your students engaged!
Story stones can be used as an aid in storytelling. These Little Red Riding Hood story stones can be used for retelling or creative storytelling. With the free printable template (located at the end of the post), you can make your own set of story stones.
You don’t want to miss this Little Red Riding Hood activity for kids! They’ll love building story props with playdough mats featuring their favorite characters.
#Fairy Tale Activities#Story Sequencing Activities
FREE Little Red Riding Hood Worksheets
Kids will love these Little Red Riding Hood worksheets that make practicing math and literacy skills FUN! This pack of themed worksheets allows toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to practice subtraction, counting, addition, letter recognition, graphing, matching, patterns, and with the theme of a classic fairy tale story. This book based activity is great for helping early learners dive deeper into some classic liteature for kids. Simply print pdf file with little red riding hood sequencing free printable and you are ready to play and learn!
Little Red Riding Hood Worksheets
Make learing fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students with these little red riding hood worksheets. This little red riding hood worksheet pack includes lots of different activities covering a variety of skills. From find the letter, counting to 10, unscrambling words, cut and paste worksheets, color by number, story sequencing , letter r worksheet, superlatives, little red riding hood sequencing, and more. These little red riding hood printables are filled with cute clipart from the story including little red riding hood with a red cape, grandmother, the wolf, hunger, grandmothers house, wolf in grandma’s bed, basket, and more.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these preschool worksheets that help kids practice a variety of skills while having fun with little red riding hood activities! Use this little red riding hood printable pack at home, at a literacy center in your classroom, or as a supplement to your preschool curriculum for a fairy tales theme.
Little red riding hood sequencing pdf
Little Red Riding Hood Worksheet
– Pre-Writing Practice
– Build a Word
– Cookie Sort
– Tracing Words
– Letter Rr
– Build a Sentence
Little red riding hood sequencing free printable
– Cut & Paste
– Follow Directions
– Number Practice
– Shadow Matching
– Which One is Different
Little red riding hood activities free
– Build a Word
– Size Sequencing
– Lacing Card
– Story Order
Looking for more fun and freebies of worksheets for preschoolers that will make learning fun for early learners? Check out these resources:
- Join Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf with these adorable FROZEN Preschool Worksheets
- Villains Disney Printables – These themed worksheets make it fun for kids to practice a variety of skills
- Preschool Beach Theme Printables
- Super cute and FREE If you Give a Mouse a Cookie Printables
- You’ll go Bananas for these cute Minion Printable Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Free Superhero Worksheets
- Princess Worksheets with your favorite Disney princesses like Ariel, Aurora Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, and more!
- Head to the tower to learn with Tangled using these Rapunzel Worksheets Pack
- Learn all about weather with these Free Weather Printables
- Work on learning colors with these Color Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free Printable, hands-on popsicle stick Shape Activity for Preschoolers
- Planet Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Super cute The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- Free Mouse Paint Printables
- Community Helpers Coloring Pages
- Go prehistoric with this colorful Free Dinosaur Printables or these dinosaur printables
- Yeehaw! Join the cowboys in these Wild West Worksheets
- Super cute, FREE Preschool Construction Theme Printables
- Lots more Kindergarten Worksheets with fun themes
- ⭐Reader Favorite Alphabet Coloring Pages shaed like the uppercase letter
- ⭐You don’t want to miss these Alphabet Worksheets
- Preschoolers love these cute, FREE Alphabet Coloring Pages
- ✂ Free Printable Lowercase alphabet crafts or Uppercase Letter Crafts
- Grab those bingo daubers and practice your ABCs with these Alphabet Bingo Dauber Printables or these Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Dinosaur Color by Number Printable or these Zoo Animals Color By Number Worksheets
- Work on visual discrimination with these FREE I Spy Farm Animals Worksheet pages
- Head to the farm with these printable Preschool Farm Activities Free
- Sight Words Printable List and free activities to help learn preschool sight words
- Hand Washing Activities for Preschoolers
- 50+ Fun Preschool Science Experiments or these 100 Food Science Experiments
- Check out these fun Shape Craft Ideas for preschoolers or these
- Zoo Animal Crafts for kids
- Zoo Animals Uppercase Tracing Letters
- Grab some kid favorite cut and paste worksheets
- **See all of our 5000+ FREE pre k worksheets
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Little red riding hood printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Little Red Riding Hood Pack <<
Beth Gorden is the creative multi-tasking creator of 123 Homeschool 4 Me. As a busy homeschooling mother of six, she strives to create hands-on learning activities and worksheets that kids will love to make learning FUN! She has created over 1 million pages of printables to help teach kids ABCs, science, English grammar, history, math, and so much more! Beth is also the creator of 2 additional sites with even more educational activities and FREE printables – www.