60 Parents quotes that will make you appreciate them
60 Parents quotes that will make you appreciate them. Here are the best parents love quotes to read from famous people that will surely inspire you. Your parents are the ones who raised you, took care of you while you were growing up, and gave you unconditional love. Remember to give them back the love and care they gave you and take care of them when they grow old. May these quotes on parents help you appreciate your parents more because they are the ones that guided you to what you are now, to become the best person you can be. Share these quotes about parents with your friends, family, and loved ones to inspire them as well.
1. “One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.” – Jim DeMint
2. “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking. ” – Helen Rice
3. “Nobody on earth can ever love you more than your parents.” – Anonymous
4. “Love your parents and treat them with loving care. For you will only know their value when you see their empty chair.” – Anonymous
5. “No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.” – Edwin Hubbell Chapin
6. “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” – Tenneva Jordan
7. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
8. “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
9. “Love as powerful as your mother for you leaves its mark to have been loved so deeply, will give us some protection forever. ” – J.K. Rowling
10. “We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
11. “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” – Matthew Jacobson
12. “A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.” – Billy Graham
13. “Parents. They didn’t leave you when you were young. So don’t leave them when they are old.” – Anonymous
14. “Honor your parents.” – Anonymous
15. “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.” – Henry Ward Beecher
16. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
17. “Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving.” – T.P. Chia
18. “A good father is a source of inspiration and self-restraint. A good mother is the root of kindness and humbleness. ” – Dr. T.P.Chia
19. “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.” – Ann Brashares
20. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” – Mitch Albom
21. “What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.” – Nicholas Sparks
22. “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
23. “The depth of the love of parents for their children cannot be measured. It is like no other relationship. It exceeds concern for life itself. The love of a parent for a child is continuous and transcends heartbreak and disappointment.” – James E. Faust
24. “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40. ” – Kobe Bryant
25. “By loving them for more than their abilities we show our children that they are much more than the sum of their accomplishments.” – Eileen Kennedy-Moore
26. “No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.” – Brad Meltzer
27. “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.” – Robert Brault
28. “Parents of young children should realize that few people, and maybe no one, will find their children as enchanting as they do.” – Barbara Walters
29. “It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.” – Roald Dahl
30. “In some sense every parent does love their children. But some parents are too broken to love them well.” – Paul Young
31. “My heroes were my parents, I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes.” – Michael Jordan
32. “Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents.” – Abraham Lincoln
33. “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.” – Henry Ward Beecher
34. “As your kids grow they may forget what you said, but won’t forget how you made them feel.” – Kevin Heath
35. “Love is giving your kids your undivided attention and time.” – Kevin Heath
36. “Parents, It’s about guiding the next generation and forgiving the last.” – Peter Krause
37. “Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old.” – Anonymous
38. “Appreciate your parents. You never know what sacrifices they went through for you.” – Anonymous
39. “Next to God, thy parents.” – William Penn
40. “Don’t use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you to speak.” – Ali Ibn Abi Talib
41. “Don’t anger your parents in order to please other people. Those other people did not spend their lives building yours. ” – Anonymous
42. “You, the parent, are your child’s first teacher and his best teacher. It’s an awesome responsibility, but one that brings immeasurable rewards.” – Jacquie McTaggart
43. “Parents with their words, attitudes, and actions possess the ability to bless or curse the identities of their children.” – Craig Hill
44. “Imagine the progress in education and a child’s school and life success if parents embraced their role as their child’s first teacher and role model.” – James L. Casale
45. “It is the sunlight of parental love and encouragement that enables a child to grow in competence and slowly gain mastery over his environment.” – Felicity Bauer
46. “Parents are not perfect, nor are they saints. Dads and moms make mistakes all the time. How you handle these situations will be an important life lesson for your children.” – Bethany Bridges
47. “More specifically being a dad is a diverse responsibility, and it is also defined by providing support to your partner in the glorious journey of parenthood. ” – Natalie L. S. West
48. “Parents are without a doubt, one of the most, if not the most influential role models that their kids will probably have under normal circumstances.” – Joseph R. Parker
49. “The daily choices we make as parents to filter what enters our children’s impressionable hearts and minds will go a long way in determining who our children become.” – Mark J. Musser
50. “A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.” – Japanese Proverb
51. “At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents.” – Jane D. Hull
52. “Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, movement and action has an effect. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than the parent.” – Bob Keeshan
53. “My parents taught me about the importance of qualities like kindness, respect, and honesty, and I realize how central values like these have been to me throughout my life. ” – Kate Middleton
54. “I looked up to my parents because they were very successful in what they wanted to do. I was lucky; I didn’t have to look far for role models.” – Derek Jeter
55. “My parents have always encouraged me to follow my dreams and do what makes me happy.” – Manushi Chhillar
56. “It’s about respect and the morals and the value of life. And treat people how you want to be treated. That’s the biggest thing I was brought up on from my parents.” – A. J. Green
57. “I want to thank my parents for somehow raising me to have confidence that is disproportionate with my looks and abilities.” – Tina Fey
58. “My parents always told me, ‘Do what you love because that is what you will do well in.’ They told me to make sure that you are happy.” – Dylan Lauren
59. “My parents were very supportive and always encouraged us.” – Alexander McCall Smith
60. “My parents taught me to never give up and to always believe that my future could be whatever I dreamt it to be. ” – Susana Martinez
33 Appreciating and Respecting Your Parents More Quotes
Many people today have left their appreciation and downright respect for your parents. Luckily, there are a few of us out there who still hold our parents in high regard, despite not being able to see them due to border closures.
If you’re wanting to share more memories in-person or virtually with your parents before they are gone, then I hope those kind quotes remind you of the sacrifices that they made for you. These are ideal for greeting cards and thank you notes.
1. All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.
2. Without the inspiration, drive, and support that you have given me, I might not be the person I am today.
Ideal for Thank You Note
3. My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.
4. My heroes are and were my parents, I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes.
5. By loving them for more than their abilities we show our children that they are much more than the sum of their accomplishments.
6. My heroes were my parents, I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes.
7. A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.
8. A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.
9. There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.
Henry Ward Beecher
10. No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.
Edwin Hubbell Chapin
11. Don’t use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you to speak.
Ali Ibn Abi Talib
12. Parents are without a doubt, one of the most, if not the most influential role models that their kids will probably have under normal circumstances.
Joseph R. Parker
13. A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
14. Parents with their words, attitudes, and actions possess the ability to bless or curse the identities of their children.
15. Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.
16. You, the parent, are your child’s first teacher and his best teacher. It’s an awesome responsibility, but one that brings immeasurable rewards.
17. Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark to have been loved so deeply… will give us some protection forever.
18. Appreciate your parents. You never know what sacrifices they went through for you.
19. We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
20. There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.
21. Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.
22. A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.
23. I got a lot of support from my parents. That’s the one thing I always appreciated. They didn’t tell me I was being stupid; they told me I was being funny.
24. We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.
Henry Ward Beecher
25. One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad.
26. Respect the child. Be not too much his parent. Trespass not on his solitude.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.
28. While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
29. The daily choices we make as parents to filter what enters our children’s impressionable hearts and minds will go a long way in determining who our children become.
Mark J. Musser
30. When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.
31. If we are wonderful parents and family members, then there’s really nothing else to prove.
32. A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.
33. What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.
😃 Share This!
I’m Joshua from Australia. 🇦🇺
I’ve been blogging for 11.5+ years here and have built up numerous sources of online income.
Nothing has come fast or easy through this journey…
…but the grind has been absolutely worth it!
Start Your Online Career (Free Course)
Quotes about parents.
Sayings, aphorisms and quotes about parents.
Showing 1-30 of 96
Sort: None Popularity A-Z Length
We will not be able to understand parental love until we ourselves become parents.
• Henry Ward Beecher
Life quotes, Parents, Parents and children
Motherhood is a fact. Fatherhood is an opinion.
• Oscar Wilde
Children, Motherhood, Wise quotes, Parents — life. They nurtured and nurtured us, sparing neither strength nor love. And now, when they are old and sick, it is our duty to cure and bring them out!
• Leonardo da Vinci
Marriage, Children, Duty, Love, Parents
Love for parents is the basis of all virtues.
• Mark Tullius Cicero
Marriage, Virtue, Love, Quotes of Wisdom, Parents brought up, they feel nothing so painfully as injustice.
• Charles Dickens
Children, Relationships, Parents
If only parents could imagine how annoying they are to their children!
• Bernard Shaw
Parents, Parents and Children
A child gives birth to parents.
• Stanislav E. Lets
Education, Children, Parents
The most cowardly, incapable of resistance people become inexorably imimy where they can exercise absolute parental authority.
• Karl Marx
Authority, Parents, Resistance
They didn’t hesitate a minute and immediately rented out my room.
• Woody Allen
Procrastination, Parents, Parents and Children
children treated you.
Parents love their children with an anxious and condescending love that spoils them. There is another love, attentive and calm, which makes them honest. And this is the true love of a father.
• Denis Diderot
Children, True Love, Fathers and Children, Parents, Parents and Children, Indulgence
The virtue of parents is a great dowry.
• Quintus Horace Flaccus
• Gaius Petronius Arbiter
Education, Children, Censure, Parents, Parents and children feeds himself to his son, both laugh when the son devotes himself to his father, both are crying.
• William Shakespeare
Children, Quotes of Wisdom, Dedication, Parents were proud.
• Bertrand Russell
Main, Father, Parents, Parents and children
Have pity on the child, protect from harm, 9022 7 But in excessive tenderness there is obvious harm.
Holy respect for your
Parents, let him own it.
And further: «Bow your head before your father,
And give your mother’s heart.
Let the father be the moon and the sun be the mother
Your path will be illuminated.
Always observe their predictions,
Do not cross their destiny,
Bend your camp before them
And know: they are your guardians.
• Alisher Navoi
Children, Life quotes, Mother, Father, Prediction, Parents upbringing, then the sage Seneca would not have had such a student like the depraved and cruel destroyer Nero.
• Arthur Schopenhauer
Children, Morality, Parents, Student
keep him until he either will give up poetry, or will not become a great poet.
• Georg C. Lichtenberg
Parents, torture your children, they will thank you later!
• Semyon T. Altov
Education, Children, Parents
We shower children with gifts, but the most valuable gift for them — the joy of communication, friendship — we give reluctantly and waste ourselves to those to whom we are completely indifferent. However, in the end we get what we deserve. The time comes when we most of all need the company of children, their attention, and we get those miserable crumbs that previously fell to their lot.
• Mark Twain
Gifts and Gifts, Children, Relationships, Parents
We should value more those who raise and educate well children than those who give birth to them.
Education, Children, Wise quotes, Parents, Parents and children, Values
that there is nothing higher, and stronger, and healthier, and more useful henceforth for life, as some good memory, and especially taken from childhood, from the parental home.
• Fyodor M. Dostoevsky
Memories, Childhood, Parents, Family parents: they do not distinguish their miscarriages from their successful offspring.
• Stanislav E. Lets
Mother’s function is protective. It provides the child with security in life. It is the duty of the father to teach him, to guide him so that in the future he copes with the tasks that the society in which he will live sets before him.
• Erich Z. Fromm
Life, People, Relations, Parents
the kids treated you.
Children, Wise quotes, Attitude, Relationships, Fathers and Children, Parents, Parents and children
Like we didn’t think about ourselves, we will always be betrayed by our children.
• Maria I. Arbatova
After all, who said that childhood is the happiest time of life? Oh no, this is the most terrible and cruel time, the time of barbarism. There are not even police to protect you, there are only parents, but they are too busy with themselves, their world is alien and incomprehensible.
• Isaac Asimov
Childhood, Protection, Police, Parents
If parents teach their children to eat, drink, walk, talk, decorate themselves with clothes, then all the more should they take care to impart wisdom to their children.
• Jan A. Komensky
Education, Children, Wisdom, Parents, Parents and children
Like we turn them into our tormentors. When parents love themselves, then children pray for their parents.
• Eduard A. Asadov
The love of parents is most disinterested.
• Karl Marx
Sincerity, Love, Wise quotes, Parents
Top 10 authors
|Erich M. Remarque||333|
|Stanislav E. Lec||805|
|Igor M. Guberman||726|
|Alexander A. Blok||141|
|Marc Tullius Cicero||410|
|Dmitry Puchkov (Goblin)||148|
More popular authors
Top 10 topics
|Belief in yourself||28|
|Values ||17 7|
More Popular Topics
Parents Quotes ▷ Socratify.
We kill many in our life,
Invisibly, casually, businesslike,
We are just starting with parents,
Execution of them innocently and openly.
© Igor Guberman, 522 quotes
At any age, the day should start with a kiss and end with a kiss. Parents, loved one, children, grandchildren. If someone kisses you continuously, all your life, every day, you are a happy person!
© Unknown author, 2,598 quotes
If I meet a man, then I see in him my future husband and father of my children. Yes, he should ask me to marry if our relationship is really serious, and introduce me to his parents, dog and best friend.
I consider that cooking, washing clothes and ironing my man’s shirts is my historical duty, and I see true female happiness in this — to take care of my man.
I think we should be honest with each other. We are together, which means we must respect each other and respect our choice.
I won’t go to bed if he is late from work, fishing or football. I’ll wait by the window and heat supper while he climbs the stairs.
I want to look good for him so that he appreciates and thinks how beautiful I am. Therefore, I spend and will spend so much effort to please him.
I want to be only his woman, and no one else. Yesterday, today and all my life.
© Angelina Jolie, 86 quotes
Avoid ascribing victim status to yourself at all costs. No matter how disgusting your situation may be, try not to blame external forces for this: history, state, bosses, race, parents, moon phase, childhood, untimely landing on the potty, etc. The moment you place blame on something, you undermine your own determination to change something.
© Joseph Brodsky, 135 quotes
Your head is filled with all kinds of nonsense, and this nonsense does not belong to you. It has been given to you by politicians, teachers, television, parents, society. Your head is filled with all sorts of crap and it is trying to dominate the heart which is still out of reach for pollution. The only hope is to listen to the heart and move with it.
© Unknown author, 2,598 quotes
No one can blame me for anything. I don’t owe anything to anyone except my parents, who gave me life. With the rest, I can be as I see fit, or not be at all. This is my life.
© Unknown author, 2,598 quotes
Decent is not only the girl who is kept under the supervision of strict parents, but the one who is given complete freedom, but she still behaves with dignity.
© Unknown author, 2,598 quotes
Don’t talk to me about your spirituality, mate. I’m not that interested… Please don’t talk to me about «pure awareness» or «living in the absolute.»
I want to see how you feel about your partner. To your children, to your parents, to your precious body.
Please don’t lecture me about the illusion of a separate self or how you achieved permanent bliss in just 7 days. I want to feel genuine warmth emanating from your heart. I want to hear how well you can listen. Accept information that doesn’t fit with your personal philosophy. I want to see how you communicate with people who disagree with you.
Don’t tell me that you are awake and free of ego. I want to know you beyond words. I want to know how you feel when misfortune overtakes you. If you can completely immerse yourself in pain and not pretend to be invulnerable. If you feel your anger, but do not go into violence. If you can calmly allow the experience of your grief without becoming a slave to it. If you can feel your shame, and not shame others. If you can screw up and admit it. If you can say sorry and really mean it. If you can be fully human in your glorious divinity.
Don’t talk to me about your spirituality, mate. It’s not that interesting to me. I just want to meet YOU.