Inspirational Words for Strong Mothers – Loveable
Being a single mom is never an easy task, but it is a journey that requires immense strength, resilience, and love. Therefore, in this collection, we have gathered a treasure trove of uplifting quotes that celebrate the indomitable spirit of single mothers everywhere. These Single Mom Quotes are not only a source of inspiration but also a reminder of the incredible power that lies within every woman’s triumphs of single motherhood.
Within these pages, you will find a diverse range of empowering Single Mom Quotes that touch upon various aspects of the single mother experience. From moments of exhaustion to moments of joy, these quotes encapsulate the determination that defines single moms. If you want to celebrate the incredible strength of single moms in your life, these Words for Strong Mothers are sure to uplift your spirits and remind you of the extraordinary courage and love that flows through the hearts of single mothers.
- Inspirational Quotes for Single Mom
- Powerful Quotes for Single Mom
- Proud Single Mom Quotes
- Bottom Line
Inspirational Quotes for Single Mom
The journey of being a single mother calls for tremendous courage, resiliency, and drive. These motivational sayings serve as a ray of hope and inspiration for single mothers all around the world in the face of diverse difficulties. These quotations serve as reminders that single mothers are capable of incredible things and deserve all the support and adulation they receive. They range from embracing self-love to finding joy in the little moments.
1. “Just because I am a single mother doesn’t mean I cannot be a success. ” – Yvonne Kaloki
2. “If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think what you do matters very much.” – Jackie Kennedy
3. “Being a working mother and a working single parent instills in you a sense of determination.” – Felicity Jones
4. “The women whom I love and admire for their strength and grace did not get that way because stuff worked out. They got that way because stuff went wrong, and they handled it. They handled it in a thousand different ways on a thousand different days, but they handled it. Those women are my superheroes.”- Elizabeth Gilbert
5. “As a single mum, you’ll discover inner strengths and capabilities you never knew you had.” – Emma-Louise Smith
6. “I value so many people who have to work full time, definitely single mothers. Their work is the hardest work. I applaud it so much.” – Molly Sims
7. “I don’t think you necessarily have to be part of a traditional nuclear family to be a good mother.” – Mary Louise Parker
8. “I want to show the example that you can be a single mother and work and handle a lot of other things at the same time.” – Christina Milian
9. “As a single mom, I’m juggling a lot and working long hours. Yes, it costs them a little, but what my children get in return is a mother who is energized and content.” – Edie Falco
10. “There will be so many times you feel like you failed. But in the eyes, ears, and mind of your child, you are a SUPER MOM.” – Stephanie Precourt
11. “Some days, she has no idea how she’ll do it. But every single day. It still gets done.” – Anonymous
12. “Being raised by a single mother, I learned to appreciate and value independent women.” – Kenny Conley
13. ”Respect to all mums doing double duty because of men failing to do their part as dads.” – John Mark Green
14. ”Being a single parent is not a life full of struggles, but a journey for the strong.” – Meg Lowrey
15. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thought. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
16. “We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
17. “I would say to any single parent currently feeling the weight of stereotype or stigmatization that I am prouder of my years as a single mother than of any other part of my life.” – J.K. Rowling
18. “I think it’s really important for every mother to find their own way.” — Solange Knowles
19. “Gone are the days when you would sit and wait for your knight in shining armor. Be brave, be independent, and believe that you can do it, and you can do a better job.”- Unknown
20. “She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom.” — Mandy Hale
21. “I am a single mom, and I’m the breadwinner and I have to work, and I have to do these things and that’s just the way it is. I don’t think my son even knows any different. ” – Charisma Carpenter
22. “I can’t tell you how much I respect all the single parents out there doing it solo” – Jennie Finch
23. “Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.”- Maxim Gorky
24. “A single mom tries when things are hard. She never gives up. She believes in her family, even when things are tough. She knows that above all things, a mother’s love is more than enough.”- Deniece Williams
25. “It’s not single parenthood in and of itself. It’s more about how people parent.” – Sophie Zadeh
26. “Mothers – especially single mothers – are heroic in their efforts to raise our nation’s children, but men must also take responsibility for their children and recognize the impact they have on their families’ well-being.” – Evan Bayh
27. “I didn’t plan on being a single mom, but you have to deal with the cards you are dealt the best way you can.” – Tichina Arnold
28. “Remember that a single mom is just like any other mom and that our number one priority is till our kids. Any parent does whatever it takes for their kids, and a single mother is no different.” – Paula Miranda
29. “Nothing you do for children is ever wasted.” – Garrison Keillor
30. “The most difficult part of dating as a single parent is deciding how much risk your own child’s heart is worth.” – Daniel Pearce
31. “Better a loving single-parent family than a ‘conventional’ family where the parents hate each other and the father is a demagogue.” – Moby
32. “I was once a single mother, with very few resources, so I have a special place in my heart for women in difficult situations.” – Linda Lael Miller
33. “The strength of my mother is something I didn’t pay attention to for so long. Here she was, this single mom, who was part of the Great Migration, who was part of a Jim Crow south, who said, ‘I’m getting my kids out of here. I’m creating opportunities for these young people by any means necessary.” – Jacqueline Woodson
Related: Multitasking Mom: The Complete Guide to Improve Productivity
Powerful Quotes for Single Mom
A fantastic example of a woman’s unbreakable character is becoming a single mother. These inspiring single mom quotes perfectly express their tenacity, willpower, and undying love. These quotations serve as beacons of inspiration, reassuring single mothers that they can build a beautiful existence and have an enduring influence on their children’s lives. They cover a range of topics, from overcoming hurdles to fostering their children’s ambitions. They are warriors that epitomize tenacity, grace, and the capacity to succeed in adversity.
34. “Single motherhood is an amazing thing; it’s a blessing.” – Kelly Cutrone
35. “You always have to carry on. And you can, because you have to.” – Kate Winslet
36. “She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom.” – Mandy Hale
37. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” – Barbara Kingsolver
38. “Motherhood is the ultimate call to sacrifice.” – Wangechi Mutu
39. “I want to show the example that you can be a single mother and work and handle a lot of other things at the same time. ” – Christina Milian
40. “It’s difficult, but far from impossible, and we smile more than we cry.” – Regina King
41. “I value so many people who have to work full time, definitely single mothers. Their work is the hardest work. I applaud it so much.” – Molly Sims
42. “As a single mum, you’ll discover inner strengths and capabilities you never knew you had.” – Emma-Louise Smith
43. “Being a single parent is not a life full of struggles, but a journey for the strong.” – Meg Lowrey
44. “A single mother has a backbone made of steel and a heart made of gold.”– Anonymous
45. “There will be so many times you feel like you failed. But in the eyes, ears, and mind of your child, you are a SUPER MOM.” – Stephanie Precourt
46. “When you’re a single parent, you’re often lonely yet seldom alone. There is no backup… It is mothering without a net.” – Amy Dickinson
47. “A single mom tries when things are hard. She never gives up. She believes in her family, even when things are tough. She knows that above all things, a mother’s love is more than enough.” – Deniece Williams
48. “Some days, she has no idea how she’ll do it. But every single day. It still gets done.” – Anonymous
49. “A single mom: she laughs, she loves, she sacrifices, she overcomes, she inspires.”
50. “You may be one person, but to your child, you are their world.”
51. “Strength is what happens when you have no other choice but to be strong.”
52. “Being a single mom doesn’t mean you’re alone. It means you’re strong enough to handle everything on your own.”
53. “You are not just a single mom. You are a superhero in disguise.”
54. “Single moms: rewriting the rules, redefining strength, and raising amazing human beings.”
55. “The love between a single mom and her child is unbreakable and unstoppable.”
56. “You are not a statistic; you are a powerful force of love and resilience.”
57. “No matter how tough it gets, remember that you are making a difference in your child’s life every day. ”
58. “Single moms have the biggest hearts, the strongest wills, and the brightest smiles.”
59. “Your strength as a single mom is an inspiration to us all.”
60. “Your child may only have one parent, but they have all the love in the world.”
61. “Never underestimate the power of a single mom who is determined to succeed.”
62. “Your strength as a single mom is the greatest gift you can give your child.”
63. “Being a single mom is tough, but remember that diamonds are formed under pressure.”
64. “You are capable of amazing things, even as a single mom. Believe in yourself.”
65. “No matter the obstacles, you are creating a beautiful life for you and your child.”
66. “Single moms: turning challenges into opportunities and obstacles into stepping stones.”
Proud Single Mom Quotes
“Proud Single Mom Quotes” honors the extraordinary fortitude and tenacity of single mothers. The steadfast pride that comes from accepting the job of a single mother and the ardent love they have for their kids are embodied in these statements. These quotations serve as inspiring reminders that single parents have every cause to be proud of the singular and exceptional journey they travel with grace and tenacity, from defying social expectations to overcoming obstacles.
67. “There’s no doubt that motherhood is the best thing in my life. It’s all that really matters.”- Courtney Cox
68. “Motherhood is the only thing in my life that I’ve really known for sure is something I wanted to do.”- Cynthia Nixon
69. “Motherhood is a beautiful, wonderful gift… except when it’s not.”- Rachel Hollis
70. “Motherhood informs my work 100 percent.”- Jessica Marais
71. “Motherhood is the ultimate call to sacrifice.”- Wangechi Mutu
72. “Even though it leaves me sleep-deprived, I love every bit of motherhood.”- Neha Dhupia
73. “Motherhood has relaxed me in many ways. You learn to deal with crisis. I’ve become a juggler, I suppose. It’s all a big circus, and nobody who knows me believes I can manage, but sometimes I do. ”- Jane Seymour
74. “Motherhood is the most challenging as well as the utmost satisfying vocation in this world.”- Nita Ambani
75. “One thing I know for sure – this motherhood thing is not for sissies.”- Jennifer Nettles
76. “Motherhood is nitty and gritty and brutal and wonderful. Sometimes, you’re really in the trenches!”- Constance Marie
77. “We may not want to say it out loud, but motherhood is hard.”- Stephanie Ruhle
78. “Motherhood was the first instance in my life where I was asked to sacrifice anything for anyone.”- Kim Brooks
79. “Motherhood is… difficult and… rewarding.”- Gloria Estefan
80. “There’s a feeling sometimes in motherhood that you’re alone in what you’re going through, and none of us are alone. We’re all going through the same thing.”- Nia Vardalos
81. “Single motherhood is an amazing thing; it’s a blessing.”- Kelly Cutrone
82. “The emotions, responsibilities – and the pain – of motherhood are unique to each of us with children. Ask any woman, and she will have her own story to tell.”- Fiona Barton
83. “That’s what motherhood is: you’re working; you’re doing 25 different jobs, and you’re not getting paid.”- Melissa Peterman
84. “A single mother has a backbone made of steel and a heart full of gold.”- Unknown
85. “I’m a hustler. I’m a single mom, so whatever I’ve gotta do, I gotta do.”- Sherri Shepard
86. “The life of a mother is the life of a child: you are two blossoms on a single branch.” – Karen Maezen Miller
87. “Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
88. “You can be a mess and still be a good mom. You are allowed to be both.”- Unknown
89. “When you’re a single parent, you’re often lonely yet seldom alone. There is no backup… It is mothering without a net.”- Amy Dickinson
90. “You have to carry on as a mother, no matter what, and that’s what I’ve always done.”- Madonna
91. “Whenever you feel discouraged, just remember, you are the center of the universe to the tiny humans you made from scratch. You’re kind of a big deal.”- Unknown
92. “You do the best you can. Some days you feel really good about yourself and some days you don’t.”- Katie Holmes
93. “My family is blended and diverse, nutty, and loving and understanding. That’s a family.”- Sandra Bullock
94. “The loves of my life are my children and my mother. I don’t feel as if I need a man.”- Diane Keaton
95. “The best gift a parent can give children is time … Single moms need to know it’s okay to have a little ‘me’ time.”- Denise Richards
96. “You make it work. You keep getting out of bed. Sometimes it’s just because you know there’s a cup of coffee downstairs.”- Michelle Williams
97. “I know how to do anything, I’m a mom.”- Rosanne Barr
98. “It takes one rad mama to be a father too.”- Unknown
99. “Motherhood matters. More than having the perfect house, the perfect body, the perfect planning schedule, the perfect kids, the perfect anything. You are a game-changer. A life changer. You are their mother.”- Unknown
100. “For me, motherhood is learning about the strengths I didn’t know I had, and dealing with the fears I didn’t know existed.”- Halle Berry
Check Out: 35 Best Gifts For Single Moms To Make Her Feels Happy
The above single mom quotes serve as a reminder that being a single mother is a testament to their enduring love and commitment, not just a role. Each quotation captures the spirit of their journey, inspiring and motivating readers to face obstacles, practice self-love, and revel in life’s precious moments. Take inspiration from these single mom quotes, accept their individual journey, and keep inspiring your kids and the rest of the world.
Remember, all of the single-mom quotes honor the costs paid, the difficulties surmounted, and the victories celebrated along the route. They remind us that being a single mother is not a weakness but a source of strength and a chance for development. May these motivational sayings encourage and uplift single mothers. It can be considered as a constant reminder of their immeasurable value, tenacity, and exceptional influence on their kids’ lives.
I’m Benjamin Collins, a gift ideas creator at Loveable. We specialize in unique and personalized gifts for any occasion. With my honed skills, I recommend gifts tailored to the recipient’s personality and interests, whether it’s Halloween, Christmas, or any other celebration.
People also searched for
51 Best Single Mom Quotes For Strong Mother – Events Greetings
Life is not easy, especially when you are a single mom. You sure did go through the pain of heartbreak, and now you have to raise your child alone. But have faith in yourself and trust the action of God. Everything happens for a reason, and there might be a reason for this happening too. You gave birth to your child, keeping them inside of you for nine months bearing all the pain alone. And you are doing a fantastic job of raising your child on your own. If you feel overwhelmed and low, here are some single mom quotes to motivate you to keep going.
Single Mom Quotes
It is a tough job to be a mom, and it gets more challenging when you have to play the roles of both the father and the mother. It takes a lot of strength and courage to do that. The world is proud of you.
Even if no one sees how difficult it was for you to take care of your child being a single parent, your child does. I know your sacrifices and love towards your baby. We’re all so proud of you.
So much courage and bravery are present within you to raise your child on your own. May you get all the pure love and support from your child. God bless you!
When the night is dark, and you sit beside your child to take care of him, a strength is building within you to be independent and happy on your own. Not many can have that power.
Believe it or not, there is something powerful hidden inside of every single mom. The power of being free and the power to protect your baby no matter what.
Trust me, the struggling days will be over, and you will finally see yourself at peace when your child makes you as proud and happy as ever.
Single mom means taking care of the little things of your child, managing your time to do everything for good, and loving your child like no one else. Do you see how powerful that is?
The struggle of being a single mom will finally be worth it when you recall all the small beautiful moments with your child. That is what life is all about.
Sometimes, life teaches you a harsh lesson and makes you realize that all you have is yourself at the end of the day. So, love yourself enough to love your child the way she deserves.
Life is not always about finding the right partner. Sometimes, you have to be the right one for yourself and fight the world for your precious child.
Appreciate yourself enough that it makes you happy from within because you are the one who was responsible for raising such a beautiful child. Take all the credit and give yourself all the love.
I know the struggle of being a single mom. But can you imagine the day your child will finally make you proud of all that she is? All of it will be worth it.
To the single mom, I hope you find all the happiness in the little world that you have created on your own. And I hope your child be healthy and happy always.
Of all the tough things in the world, one is being a single mom. There will be highs and lows in a single mom’s life, but it will make the bond between mom and child stronger.
Never see yourself as small because if you were enough to raise a child alone, then there is nothing that you cannot do in this world.
Every single mom deserves immense love and happiness. Life is so much more than finding the right man for you. All you need is yourself, and your child, and the world will be enough.
Read: Birthday Wishes for Mother from Daughter
Single Mother Quotes
Being a single mom is quite tough. You have to pour out all your energy and love towards your child. But the fact that your child will pour out all his love towards a single parent makes it all okay.
When you feel bad about how alone you are, think about all the times you have fought alone for your child, giving all you can. You are enough, a thousand times enough.
The hard work and dedication will pay off one day when your child becomes healthy and happy as ever. He will make you a proud momma, and that is all that you ever need.
Not everyone is capable of doing all that you are. God chose you to be a single mom because he knew that you are strong enough to handle it all. He is proud of you.
Happiness comes from your child’s smile and his joy. So, why does it matter if you are a single mom? Look at how happy your child is with you.
Having your child inside of you for nine months bearing all the pain is not an easy task. If you could successfully go through that phase, then you can be a single mom too.
Dedicating all your time to rearing a child is a task not all can do. Never think of yourself less than a superwoman because you deserve to be called by that name.
It doesn’t matter if you are a single mom as long as you and your child are happy. After all, what is more important in life than to be happy?
You are your child’s mother, tutor, father, a protector, and what not? Do you see how much strength it takes to be the all-in-one person? You deserve to be praised.
No one knows your child like you do because you have spent all your life raising her from a cry baby to a person she is today. We adore your strength.
Also Read: I Love You Messages For Mom
Inspirational Single Mom Quotes
Superheroes are those who protect their child at any cost and never lets them be upset. And in your child’s eyes, you are a superhero. For the world, you are a supermom.
It is amusing how you can manage time for all the important things in your life alone. It’s never easy to do that, but you did it with so much grace and love.
You must be feeling like you are alone. But there are thousands of women like you who are struggling to raise a child alone. Set an example so you can inspire them.
Life as a single mom can be a struggle, but I know somewhere in your heart, there is a strength that says that you can do this. And that strength comes when you look at your little princess.
Women are often looked down upon, thinking that they are not as capable as men. But all the single moms prove them wrong. So, more power to you if you’re one of them.
Also Read: Mother’s Day Wishes And Greetings
Being a Single Mom Quotes
Life is tough. Sometimes, you lay in your bed, questioning your existence while sometimes you’re in the clouds flying with happiness. But it will all work out in the end.
As long as your kids are happy, there is nothing to worry about. Your kid is as happy as the one with both parents. It’s okay, even if it’s just you and the kids as long as they’re happy.
Being a single mom is being an inspiration. You inspire thousands of women into believing that they do not need a man to feel complete.
Some things in life are unimportant, just like a father who never played any role in the healthy raising of a child. And it’s not worth having him in your life.
One day, you will reach where you need to be. God will eventually figure out the way. For now, have patience and enjoy every single moment with your precious child.
Enjoy your motherhood, the small joy in making your child happy. It’s sad that her father couldn’t be here to watch him grow, but you have done such an amazing job.
I know being a single mom is overwhelming. But remember that it is also overpowering and selfless. It is having the confidence that only a few people have the capability to achieve.
Life might seem hard for now, but it won’t be hard forever. Have faith in yourself and trust the action of God. It will be alright, my love.
You are doing what a normal mom would do; in fact, you are doing much more than that. You are seeking the best for you and your child. And there is nothing to be ashamed of for that.
Life will eventually find its way. And so will happiness. It will find its way back to you because Lord knows that you deserve every bit of it, single mom.
Single Parent Quotes
Being a single parent means being your child’s best friend. It means taking care of him as no one else. Motherhood is not easy, but it is worth it.
There is something about a single mother that is not found in anybody else. She is full of power and confidence in fighting the whole world alone.
Negligence is not attractive. Do you know what is? Time, dedication, effort, and sacrifice is. You have all these qualities, and you are an amazing mother.
There are always two sides to everything, the positive and the negative. So something which brings you happiness is worth all the struggles in life.
Nothing is easy in life, but it’s up to you how you perceive things. Make things easy by visualizing it in your mind, and it’ll all be worth it one day.
Strong Single Mom Quotes
You empower other women and help in changing the world and its mentality. We are proud of you, super momma.
If you ever feel like you are struggling a lot, talk to someone in the same situation as you. It really helps ease the stress knowing that someone else is facing too.
Taking responsibility for something is not easy, especially when you take the responsibility of raising a child alone. So, be proud of yourself. You are the change that this world needs.
Hitting rock bottom is how you will appreciate each and every step upwards. I believe that one day, you will reach the top.
You play the role of every personality possible. And that is amazing. I am sure your child will look up to you as an inspiration when he grows old.
I know that I am the black sheep in the family. But the words I heard from my mother’s mouth hurt me deeply.
It’s hard to be self-confident when I, the only one of four siblings, have no family of my own, no home, no education diploma, no worthy career. My parents are disappointed in me, I overheard a conversation that I would most like to erase from my memory. But there’s nothing I can do about it.
I remember quite distinctly that back in kindergarten at home there were talks about where my brother and I would go after finishing school. I have four brothers and sisters, and all of them, except me, entered the law or medical university. Just like our parents. I was the only one who didn’t even graduate from college.
While I was growing up, I felt like an artist, I just didn’t know what direction to choose. So for a while I played the piano, drew and took pictures. My parents encouraged me to leave art as a hobby and follow in their footsteps. I confronted them, but nothing good came of it.
My talent was mediocre, no one around me fell to their knees in amazement, not even the teachers at the entrance exams. The more all my brothers and sisters succeeded, the more flawed I felt. I did boring work and didn’t enjoy it. At the age of thirty, I decided to go abroad and earn a living working at the bar. Nobody knew me there, and I could be anyone!
A few years later I came back with an idea of what I wanted out of life. But surrounded by my own family, I again felt like a little inept girl. My older and younger brothers and sisters were already successfully working, starting families and building houses. I huddled in a one-room apartment, and I understood that I was destroying the reputation of my family, trying to come to terms with it.
«What are we going to do with Lyudmila? I’m worried about her. She’s going down the drain» — One day, I overheard a conversation between my mother and older sister in the garden. I came to a family dinner and I wanted to turn around and disappear. But my father noticed me and immediately bombarded me with questions about how I felt.
I preferred to keep the fact that I would have a child with a musician who went on a six month tour a secret. When my belly began to grow and the pregnancy became noticeable, my mother threw up her hands and decided that I would move back in with them. I categorically refused. «You may call me a failure, but I can take care of myself without help!». I slammed the door and ran in tears to an apartment that I barely had enough money for.
I found a job at home, and although it was not easy, I provided for myself and the child. After giving birth, I reconsidered my offended vanity and calmly accepted my status as a white crow in the family.