Happy to be Mommy
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Being a mom is one of the most incredible and fulfilling experiences in our lives. But let’s be real, it’s also one of the toughest. From the moment our little ones enter the world, our lives are no longer the same. And while there are endless moments of love and joy, there are also times we feel exhausted, frustrated, and over-stimulated. To help inspire and encourage mothers everywhere, I have compiled a list of ”being a mom isn’t easy” quotes. I hope they help you get through those overwhelming days.
Being a mom isn’t easy quotes
Being a mom is a wild ride, that’s for sure. It can be tough, there’s no denying that. And while you get to be there for all the big and small moments of your child’s life. See them grow and change and learn new things. Be their rock, their guide, and their biggest supporter. You’re also there to deal with what seems to be never-ending tantrums, laundry, lack of sleep, and to-do lists.
Share these quotes with your mom friends who’ve been feeling exhausted and uncertain too. This way, we can inspire and encourage each other to keep going when times get tough.
Being a mama can be tough, but always remember in the eyes of your child, no one does it better than you.
Successful mothers are not the ones that never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.
You are exactly the mother your child needs. Knowing that will change your entire perspective.
Don’t beat yourself up when being a mom doesn’t come easily. It happens, but we must keep pushing forward. Never let our past determine our future!
What being a parent doesn’t require is being perfect.
Motherhood is a choice you make every day. To put someone else’s happiness and wellbeing ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is… and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong.
I know it’s hard, Mama. I know it can be hard to get up every day and have these little people rely on you. I know it’s hard to feel like sometimes your world is so small. I want to remind you that you are the world. You are the world that those little ones revolve around. You are their nurture, their home, and their comfort. You are everything to them, and I hope even on your hard days, you know how special you are. Especially to your little people.
My hope is that they will remember that mommy tried. Even when she was tired, even when she was stressed. I hope you’ll know that I did it all for you. That I had every intention of being great, good, and grand. But that some days all I could be was okay.
There are hard days in motherhood, but looking at your baby sleeping reminds you why it’s all worth it.
You can be a mess and still be a good mom. We are allowed to be both.
Katie Bingham Smith
Being a mother is your greatest achievement in life… you can be anything else you want on the side, but at the end of the day, being someone’s mother is the best part of being a woman.
There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.
People don’t really talk honestly about how difficult being a mom actually is and what things we sacrifice every day in order to be good moms.
Being a mother isn’t easy. And being able to admit your weakness as a parent is one of the most important things you’ll ever do for your child.
Motherhood requires confidence… a sense of knowing what you are doing doesn’t have an instruction manual but if we love our kids unconditionally, then being present for them will make all the difference… and maybe one day they’ll know how hard you tried even when sometimes things didn’t go as planned.
I am not a super mom… I’m just being me and doing the best that I can.
When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.
Hey mama, I know you’re tired. But I hope under that exhaustion you feel some pride too. Because no matter how the past 24 hours went, you can fall into bed tonight knowing you made someone’s life a little better today – just by loving them like only you can.
Almost everything will work if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.
Funny being a mom isn’t easy quotes
I wanted to end this post with some funny quotes to lighten up the mood and hopefully put a smile on every struggling mother’s face, even if it’s just for a second. So here we go.
It’s not easy being a mother. If it was easy, fathers would do it.
The quickest way for a parent to get a child’s attention is to sit down and look comfortable.
Did you know when kids go to bed, you can hear yourself think again? I sound fabulous.
Silence is golden. Unless you have kids. Then silence is just suspicious.
A mom only truly understands the meaning of rage when your child walks past everyone else in the house to find you in the bathroom to open their juice box.
The best way to keep kids at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires.
Being a mom is like being a superhero, except without the cool outfit, secret identity, or superpowers.
Being a mom is like being a professional juggler, you’re constantly trying to keep all the balls in the air
Without enough sleep, we all become tall 2-year-olds.
I bottle fed, I breast fed, and before I knew it, they were all eating stale french fries off the floor of the minivan, and I was like, whatever, thanks for cleaning.
Them: What’s parenthood like? Me: I spent my Saturday evening picking every bit of parsley off dinner so tiny people stop crying is what it’s like.
Being a mom isn’t easy, but with the help of uplifting quotes, I hope you found comfort and inspiration in the journey and someone to relate to. Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed, grateful, or just needed a little pick-me-up.
The love, joy, and sacrifices that come with being a mom prove that every single one of us is a superhero in her own right. Remember, you’re doing an amazing job, mama! No one can ever replace you and no one will ever love your children the way you do.
For the latest reminders and other beautiful quotes follow Happy to be mommy on Instagram.
Subscribe so you don’t miss a post
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates!
60 Mama Bear Quotes About Not Messing With Someone’s Kids
These mama bear quotes explain a mother’s instinct, love, and protective nature.
Some of them are also cute and funny and perfect for Instagram!
Human mothers are often referred to as mama bears, especially when they are extra protective of their children.
Are mother bears really one of the most protective animal mom’s?
Well, according to science it depends on the type of bear.
Black bears are much less likely to attack—even when their young are threatened.
Studies by Al Erickson and Lynn Rogers both seemed to conclude that a black bear would abandon their young if the cub was captured in their presence.
Now, personally, I would not test this theory. It is always good practice to never get between an animal and her offspring.
While the black bear might not become overly aggressive and attempt to eat your face, the same can not be said about a grizzly bear mama.
This one, you definitely do not want to encounter.
Obviously, grizzlies are a more violent bear to begin with, but throw in a cub, and you are about to have a very bad day.
The grizzly bear is a fierce and brutal animal, and an angry mama will show these traits in spades!
According to Bear.org, 70% of human deaths attributed to grizzly bears is due to a mother grizzly bear defending her cubs.
Keep reading through these mama bear quotes to learn more!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Mama Bear quotes for Instagram
These mama bear quotes are the perfect Instagram post when matched with a picture. Which one would you use as a post?
1. “They call me Mama Bear!” — Unknown
2. “Mama Bear Mode: Activate.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on bear quotes.
3. “Caution: Mama Bear on duty!” — Unknown
4. “Don’t mess with Mama Bear’s cubs.” — Unknown
5. “One does simply anger Mama Bear!” — Unknown
6. “Don’t make me go Mama Bear on your ass!” — Unknown
7. “I’m a mama bear, and I’m always protecting my cubs.” — Unknown
8. “Warning: A fiercely protective Mama Bear guards this house!” — Unknown
9. “Proud mama bear, protector of my cubs, and their best friend!” — Unknown
10. “That awkward moment when you realize you have poked the wrong bear.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on mother and son quotes.
Mama Bear quotes about a mother’s instincts
A mother’s instincts are amazing. Take a look at the quotes below to learn more about a mother’s protective instinct.
11. “A mothers instinct is always the right instinct.” — Unknown
12. “Mothers instinct… Protect her child at all cost…” — Unknown
13. “Mothers Instinct… all species… timeless primal wisdom.” — Unknown
14. “A mother’s love is instinctual, unconditional, and forever.” — Unknown
15. “Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
16. “Trust instinct to the end, even though you can give no reason.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. “Whenever I hear a baby’s cry I immediately look for my baby. It’s a mothers instinct.” — Unknown
18. “A mother holds her child’s hand for just a short time, but holds their heart forever.” — Krystal Nahdee
19. “Most men don’t become fathers until their baby is born while women have a mothers instinct during pregnancy. ” — Unknown
20. “A mothers instinct is something no child, husband, or any other none mother will ever understand, no matter how hard you try to.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on mother daughter quotes.
Mama Bear quotes that demonstrate a mother’s love
A mother’s love is pure and powerful. Take a look at the quotes below for a glimpse into the love of a mother.
21. “A mother’s love for her children should never be underrated or questioned.” — Byron Pulsifer
22. “A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” — Unknown
23. “Mothers are nature’s ultimate mama bear. They stick up for their cubs no matter the cost.” — Unknown
24. “Our mothers have taught us so much. They’re mama bears who protect, love and nurture.” — Unknown
25. “If I had to choose between loving you and breathing.. I would use my last breath to tell you I love you. ” — Unknown
26. “I am a mama bear when it comes to my kids. I love them like no other, and there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for them.” — Unknown
27. “Just remember, when your mother’s gnawing my ankle like a furious mama bear separated from her cum, I did it for you.” — Cassandra Clare
28. “Mama bears are true mothers… They love unconditionally. They share, heal and wipe tears even when it’s from the quietest of them all.” — Unknown
29. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things, and crushes down remorselessly anything that stands in its path.” — Agatha Christie
30. “We’re all vulnerable from time to time. But it’s the mama bears who are reassuring and supportive when we need them — to pick up the pieces and carry our burdens for us.” — Unknown
Mama Bear quotes about the protectiveness of moms
Don’t test the protectiveness of a mother. As evidenced by the quotes below, a mother will defend their child at all costs!
31. “You threaten my son, you threaten me.” — The Blind Side
32. “I will eat your face if you mess with my cub.” — Unknown
33. “If you mess with my child I will unleash my fury and destroy your world.” — Unknown
34. “The most dangerous place on earth is between a mother and her children.” — Unknown
35. “I am fierce; I am brave; I am a warrior. And I will fight like one for these babies of mine.” — Unknown
36. “You have never experienced real crazy until you piss off a mother by messing with her child.” — Unknown
37. “Regardless of species, there is nothing more dangerous than a mother protecting her young.” — Unknown
38. “I’m about to show you what happens when you mess with one of my kids. You should probably brace yourself, this is going to hurt. ” — Unknown
39. “Mama Bear is such a sweet way to describe the fact that I’d tear you open and eat your insides if you hurt my child.” — The Mom Life Uncensored
40. “I may seem quiet and reserved, but if you mess with my children, I will break out a level of crazy that will make your nightmares seem like a happy place.” — Unknown
Mama Bear quotes about motherhood and caregiving
These quotes show that a mother is a natural caregiver and will take care of her child no matter what. Which of the quotes below is your favorite?
41. “We are mothers of creation. We are the mama bears of motherhood.” — Unknown
42. “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” — Cheryl Lacey Donovan
43. “Motherhood has relaxed me in many ways. You learn to deal with crises.” — Jane Seymour
44. “Motherhood is a state of mind. You can be a Mama Bear in every stage of life. ” — Unknown
45. “Caregiving can be tough, but we all know that being a mama bear is the greatest job.” — Unknown
46. “When you’re a mama bear, motherhood doesn’t stop when the kids go to school. You’re a teacher too.” — Unknown
47. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” — Sophia Loren
48. “Motherhood is wonderful, but it’s also hard work. It’s the logistics more than anything. You discover you have reserves of energy you didn’t know you had.” — Deborah Mailman
49. “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” — Jessica Lange
50. “In every advanced mammalian species that survives and thrives, a common anthropological characteristic is the fierce behavior of the adult female of the species when she senses a threat to her cubs. The lioness, the tigress and the mama bear are all examples.” — Marianne Williamson
Mama Bear Quotes about the Strength of a Mother
51. “Successful mothers are not the ones that have never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” ― Sharon Jaynes
52. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” ― Barbara Kingsolver
53. “To be a mother, you must be strong. Even if you don’t feel it, you have to pretend.” ― Sade Adu
54. “A mother is a child’s first looking glass into the world.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
55. “What does a mama bear on the pill have in common with the World Series? No cubs.” — Harry Caray
56. “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love, and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” — Stevie Wonder
57. “As mothers, we just don’t want anything or anyone to hurt our babies.” ― Michelle Obama
58. “The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become a fearless mother is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly – indeed to embrace uncertainty and imperfection.” ― Arianna Huffington
59. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had, and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.” ― Linda Wooten
60. “Being a mother has been the most challenging and the most rewarding position I will ever hold.” ― Cathy Shaffer
What is a grizzly bear like?
The grizzly bear has no enemies or predators in the wild.
The grizzly is a subspecies of the European and Asian brown bear.
They can be found roaming the wild in Alaska and Canada.
Many grizzly bears are also found in parks and reserves in Montana and Wyoming.
Fun fact, when visiting national parks like Glacier and Yellowstone you will encounter lots of bear related signage.
Bear spray is required on the trails and park officials recommend wearing bear bells to help avoid an encounter.
One of the strangest things you will find in the parks and parts of Montana is the bear trash can!
These trash cans are no ordinary receptacle!
They are large heavy steel containers with a special locking lid.
You have to slide your hand into the handle area and release the latch.
They are quite annoying for a human, and next to impossible for the bears to open.
They keep food remnants sealed away, which helps keep the bears away from areas frequented by people.
Whether or not the grizzly mama bear is the most protective animal mom (research points to that title actually belongs to the mama elephant), doesn’t mean she won’t come after you to protect her cubs.
According to oneearth.org, the bear that takes care of its young the best, is actually a panda bear!
What did you think of the mama bear quotes?
Do you find the term “mama bear” to be a compliment to your parenting skills or an insult?
Share the post with your friends and let us know your thoughts on ‘mama bears’ in the comment section below!
4 stages of parental burnout.
How to survive and stop feeling like a “terrible mother”
Motherhood is covered up with happy photos on social networks. As before, few people honestly talk about powerlessness and irritation from the fact that there is no more time to be alone or calmly go to the toilet. And then it turns out that you need not free time — but a psychotherapist. To help young mothers, Anastasia Izyumskaya and Anna Kuusmaa wrote a guide to the emotional burnout of parents, Mom at Zero.
The book contains 15 stories of women and 3 stories of men (husbands of heroines) who decided to speak frankly about fatherhood. And psychologists Lyudmila Petranovskaya, Ekaterina Burmistrova, Irina Mlodik, Daria Utina, Galina Filippova supplemented the collection with their stories about what happens to a parent in a state of depression and emotional burnout. The book contains many self-help practices, quick recovery techniques, lists of films, books, websites useful for parents.
Single parenthood: the story of one mother
Each mother’s story in the book contains the tags #crisisCouple #twins #depression #specialChild #financialDisadvantage and others.
For example, the story of journalist Alina Farkash about: #divorce #loneliness #firstChild #difficultRelationshipswithMother and #lack ofHelp. When Alina’s 11-year-old son was 4 months old, she found herself on the windowsill with her whimpering son in her arms. She wanted to throw the baby away and finally get a good night’s sleep. At that moment, she was afraid of her thoughts and did something else. She brought blankets to the empty children’s mountain, put the child on them, closed the door so as not to hear his crying, went into another room and fell asleep soundly. When she woke up, she realized what she had done. But it turned out that the baby was calmly lying on the floor and playing with the blanket. Nothing terrible happened.
This was the first wake-up call — I had to admit how tired she was of being a single mother and ask for someone’s help
Few people admit how difficult it is to be a mother. Silencing this leads to sad consequences — depression and emotional burnout.
To end the forced isolation, Farkas began to travel around the city with her son to parties and meetings. When he was eight months old, she went to work and wrote-wrote-wrote almost around the clock. She seemed to have a lot of energy. But in the end, this congestion overtook her, and three years later, after meeting her second husband, Alina found herself in a depression. She couldn’t do anything and quit all her jobs.
Now Alina’s son is 11 years old, and her daughter is four. She still feels like a terrible mother in relation to her son, but raising her daughter with her husband made it clear that for the second time she was able to become a good mother.
When parents also burn out and how it happens
Family psychologist Lyudmila Petranovskaya says that for the first time, burnout syndrome (EBS) described people in the helper profession (from the English helper — giving) — doctors, teachers, psychologists, and so on. In the 70s of the 20th century, a social service was created in an American city, where the most motivated workers were selected. Something happened to them a couple of years later. Clients began to complain that the employees were rude, inattentive, and their help could not be expected. This is a classic case of burnout, which has four stages.
1. Stage of mobilization. When we start a new project, come to a new job, we feel inspired. There is a lot of energy, you want to do-do-do, you forget about sleep and rest, you tirelessly give yourself away. This is a wonderful state, but the problem is that euphoria cannot last forever. The stage of euphoria begins in young parents, if, of course, the birth went well, the child is healthy, and postpartum depression has not covered. Parents are in a state of happiness and enjoyment, but lack of sleep and fatigue accumulate, and the second stage of SEB begins.
2. Aging stage. When a person works hard, but endures everything. He is kept by a sense of duty, loyalty to the team, the knowledge that he needs this work, a certain result of work. This stage can last a long time, and if nothing stressful happens, a person can exist in this state for years. Difficult periods are replaced by simple ones, failures are successes, some tasks are solved, new ones arise. At this stage, a person wants to relax, go somewhere, change the situation. The power saving mode is activated. For parents, this stage goes about the same way. Caring for a child is no longer so inspiring, but, in general, it is tolerable.
3. Non-aging stage. If the load does not decrease, the third stage occurs. There is a stressful situation, illness, failure or severe disappointment. Rest does not come — a person lives in an eternal rush. Then there is a feeling of «I’m at zero.»
The third, asthenic stage, is nervous exhaustion. Fatigue gives way to irritation, everything starts to infuriate
There is no more strength for development, the psyche blocks any possibilities. This is where parents feel: I want to lie down and die right now. “Everything is falling out of my hands, I can’t, I don’t want to, get rid of me” — this is the state of fatigue and drooping hands. Sleep problems begin: you are insanely tired, but you cannot fall asleep, and after the child falls asleep, you sit and stare at the phone for another 2-3 hours because of the desire to communicate with someone, disconnect, and all this worsens the condition even more.
4. Stage of deformation. It would seem that a person is already at the bottom of emotional burnout, where next? But there is another stage when a person changes and becomes as cynical as possible, he is no longer in pain. He begins to abuse alcohol (or even drugs), fixes on money and titles, and can no longer communicate. But no matter how self-satisfied he may look, inside he suffers: there is no longer the joy of life and interest. The stage of deformation for a parent is when he no longer wants to see his child, starts acting tough and does not even notice it.
7 ways to help yourself (and stop feeling guilty)
“Burnout syndrome is a protective reaction of the human psyche to prolonged stress. It is impossible to be in a state of active sympathy for other people’s problems all day — and every day, ”says Petranovskaya. It is important not only to read these words, but also to understand them. You cannot be the perfect parent. Of course, getting into a situation of emotional burnout, a person begins to blame himself, say how bad he is, and scold him for breakdowns. This only changes the situation for the worse.
It is important to acknowledge your feelings. The task of every parent is to learn how to shift the focus of attention from the child to themselves, take care of themselves, move away from the state of «it makes me angry» to the state of «I feel bad.» Petranovskaya advises a simple technique:
“As soon as you feel that the situation is heating up, the child does not do something, is naughty, starts to slow down, and you are in a hurry, — at this moment, pause, stop, ask yourself: “What do I feel, what what is happening to me now?“ <...> Name your emotions: I feel anger, despair, fear. Then ask yourself, «What can I do for myself?» You can drink a glass of water, take a deep breath, ask someone to help. It is desirable that someone help: relatives, friends or a psychologist.
Remember that burnout is not a single parent’s problem. This is a common syndrome, especially if the family has a small child or two or three children. When a person realizes “I can’t do this anymore”, it is important to treat this as a malaise. You are sick, you need to create conditions for recovery. Getting out of emotional burnout is a slow process. But it is important to set a goal for yourself and slowly move towards it. At the same time, observe several conditions:
1. Do not blame yourself and others.
2. Ask your relatives for help.
3. Relieve ballast, such as reducing house cleaning requirements or postponing work for a while.
4. Neutralize the “third person”. That is, react to the statements of others who believe that you, as a mother, are doing something wrong, as follows: «Help me . ..». Any criticism should be punishable (in a good way). A critic will either help or leave. Both options are good. And with those who intentionally want to assert themselves at the expense of humiliating their mother, one should simply end the relationship.
5. Search for resources. We must learn to enjoy simple actions. To do this, you do not need to go to the Maldives, you can even eat an ordinary dinner calmly and with pleasure.
6. The most important resource is sleep. It is important to understand that as long as you do not sleep 7.5 hours a day, exhaustion will not go anywhere. Think about what you can do to improve the quality of sleep — buy a more comfortable pillow, thicker curtains, sleep with a child or, conversely, separately from him.
7. See a doctor. We need a neuropsychiatrist here. Petranovskaya assures that such specialists usually prescribe sedatives, drugs to nourish the brain and nervous system.
Illustrations: Shutterstock (KateDemianov)
Reading before birth — CBSE
Recently, the theory of the positive impact on the child of mediated reading even in the prenatal period has become very popular: the more the expectant mother reads aloud children’s fairy tales, poems, songs , the better the baby will develop intellectually and creatively, the faster he will learn to read.
The emergence of new life is a great mystery of nature. Each of us lived this miracle, having been born into the world, and not remembering anything about the 9 months spent in the mother’s womb. To get in touch again with the secret of birth is given to every woman who decides to become a mother.
What does an unborn baby feel and understand? The answer to this question has always interested people. Intuitively, many future mothers from the first days of pregnancy treat their baby as a real-life and completely independent person. And this gives parents the opportunity to live together with the child even before his birth, communicate with him, helping the baby grow, grow up, get smarter, that is, take care of him prenatal (antenatal) care .
Is it worth raising a child so early, at a time when nature itself takes care of him, transforming a tiny cell into a human being? Modern scientific studies of the intrauterine development of the child confirm that the child is already brought up in the mother’s stomach. It is there that the child lives the initial stages of not only physical, but also mental maturation.
Even before birth, a child begins to learn about the world around him. He does not live in a silent, dark space, but perceives the world around him with those sense organs that are formed in him very early. Already at the eighth week of intrauterine life, the baby develops tactile sensitivity . The child begins to feel temperature and touch. By the 14th week, the entire skin surface of the baby is ready to receive information. Speaking of intuitive, accurate understanding, knowledge, people use the expression “I feel with my skin”, perhaps this is how the memory of the first experience of knowing the world has been preserved in our language.
At the 5th month of pregnancy, the baby’s movements become noticeable to the mother, and the baby meets the first touches of his own hands. The child pushes and the mother strokes the belly. Stroking the surface of the abdomen is the first gentle play with a baby who has not yet been born. The child gets an important experience communication — a response to their manifestations.
By tapping with the mother, the baby learns dialogue. Communicating with the baby during pregnancy, parents establish a strong emotional connection with him. Such communication gives the child a sense of security and comfort necessary for its successful development.
In addition to touching, the child also needs words addressed to him. Many expectant mothers mentally talk to the child from the very beginning of pregnancy. The baby, of course, feels that you are talking to him. Your child feels any emotional state at the level of hormones entering the blood. In addition, the baby in the womb «hears with the body», perceiving the sounds of the mother’s voice through the vibrations of the amniotic fluid and muscle sensations. Therefore, the mother needs to speak with the baby not only mentally, but also out loud. At the seventh month, the child’s ear begins to hear and already perceives sounds both inside and outside the mother’s body.
Babies who talk to their parents before birth usually develop speech earlier . In addition to intonation, children are able to unconsciously assimilate a number of sound combinations. Already at the 5th month, your unborn baby distinguishes the speech sounds that you pronounce, reacting to each of them by contracting certain muscles. Along with the development of hearing before the birth of the baby, the preparation for speech begins. As you know, any person listening to speech or music, the muscles of the vocal apparatus contract quite imperceptibly, as if silently repeating the sounds heard. For a child who is preparing for life in a talking world, listening to both speech and music will be a good training.
Rhythms are important for children in music. It is they who organize the life of the body. It is no coincidence that music heals, helping sick, arrhythmic organs to find a healthy rhythm. First of all, we are talking about classical music. The music of Mozart, Vivaldi, Bach, Tchaikovsky has a beneficial effect on the child. But the works of Wagner are contraindicated for young listeners. Listen with your child to the music that is pleasant to you and watch how the baby reacts. If the child protests, turn off the music. Memorize the child’s reactions to various works. One music calms him, another excites him. Knowing this, you can always help your child calm down or be able to encourage him to take action using familiar works both before the birth of the baby and after. Children who listen to music in utero, being born, recognize it, smile, walk, move in such a familiar melody. Watching this, you will be convinced that your baby has a memory and knows a lot, only having been born. Those songs that you sing to him, fairy tales and poems that you read will become a good cultural dowry for the further education of the baby.
It happens that expectant mothers do not sing to their child themselves, doubting their vocal abilities, afraid of damaging the child’s musical ear. Meanwhile, it is the mother’s singing that is healing for the baby. Lullabies are especially useful to him. While singing lullabies, the mother’s heart rate decreases, and blood pressure normalizes. The child of a singing mother receives more oxygen, his heartbeat is harmonized, and the vibrations of the amniotic fluid gently massage the baby’s body, helping him to mature. In addition, this is an excellent breathing training for mother and child. Lullabies are the first lessons of the native language for a child. Songs help the baby remember words, their meanings, word order in a sentence. The singing mother draws out the words, accentuating the vowels. So children learn the sound structure of speech better, develop language skills faster. Reading poetry to a child has a similar effect. Unlike ordinary speech, poetry has a rhythm, the beneficial effect of which on a growing organism has already been mentioned. Accompany the reading of poetry with a rhythmic pat of the tummy, and if the baby likes the verses, you will notice the rhythmic tapping of your intelligent baby in response.
During pregnancy, a woman often wakes up with a desire to engage in long-forgotten or even unusual activities: to draw, sing, dance, make crafts, read other books, listen to other music. Perhaps this baby asks to satisfy his needs, needs creativity. Very often, when drawing, expectant mothers say that the picture was drawn by a baby, or, when playing music, they choose an instrument whose sound the child liked. The main thing is that parents and children acquire in joint creativity the experience of emotional communication, harmonious coexistence with each other, which will remain with them in later life.
Even before birth, the baby needs solitary communication with his mother, when she, touching her belly with her hand, talks to him aloud affectionately, gently. Talk to your child about everything that is important for you to tell him. Get to know him, tell him how you are waiting for him and love him. It is important to be sincere with the baby. Feeling anxiety, do not mask it with joyful intonations. The child feels you with his body, hears the beating of the heart, and not just the voice. In those moments when you experience emotions that are difficult to cope with, turn to the baby and explain that your experiences do not concern him, he is still loved by you. This will keep your child safe.
Introduce your baby to those who are with you waiting for his birth. Let the child hear their voices. Watching the reaction of the child, you will learn to respond sensitively to his desires already during pregnancy, and this will be useful to you later in life with the baby. Communicating with the baby during pregnancy, developing it before birth, always rely on your intuition. When working with a child, keep the naturalness and spontaneity of communication. You should not turn classes into a regular duty for the father of the child if he is not yet ready for action. Sometimes, for a start, future dads have enough stories about how a child is floundering, observing the movement of the stomach, curious touches, and then there will be words for the unborn child, greeting rituals, poems and songs for him.