80+ Mother Teresa Quotes That Will Inspire You
Published June 21, 2023
Dubbed “The Living Saint”, Mother Teresa or Saint Teresa of Calcutta is simply one of the most iconic figures of the 20th century. This diminutive woman not only changed how we do charity, she also provided us with a well of motivating and often soul-stirring pearls of wisdom.
So if you’re looking for some inspiration to make a difference, there’s no better person to look up to than Mother Teresa. Her passion for helping the less privileged and serving those whom society has neglected, this unassuming woman in a blue sari proved to us that everyone has the power to change the world.
That said, here are some of the most thought-provoking Mother Teresa quotes that will surely motivate you to make a difference and change the world.
Famous Quotes by Mother Teresa
- Not all of us can do great things, but we can do small things with great love.
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
- A life not lived for others is not a life.
- If you can’t feed a hundred people, feed just one.
- I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.
- I’m a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world.
- Live simply so others may simply live.
- Each one of them is Jesus in disguise.
- We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
- I do not pray for success; I ask for faithfulness.
- Some people come in our life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons.
- Do extraordinary things with love.
Mother Teresa Quotes About Kindness and Charity
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
- It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
- I prefer you to make mistakes in kindness than work miracles in unkindness.
- Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.
- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
- When you don’t have anything, then you have everything.
- The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved.
- The person who gives with a smile is the best giver because God loves a cheerful giver.
- Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
- Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier.
- One of the realities we’re all called to go through is to move from repulsion to compassion and from compassion to wonderment.
- Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
- Poverty was not created by God. It is we who have caused it, you and I through our egotism.
- I know I am touching the living body of Christ in the broken bodies of the hungry and the suffering.
- I want you to be concerned about your next-door neighbor. Do you know your next-door neighbor?
- We have to possess before we can give.
- Not handouts, but rather hands held.
- We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.
Mother Teresa Quotes About Love
- Love is a fruit in season at all times and within reach of every hand.
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
- Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
- True love is love that causes us pain, that hurts and yet brings us joy. That is why we must pray to God and ask Him to give us the courage to love.
- If we really want to love, we must learn how to forgive.
- Love to be real, it must cost – it must hurt – it must empty us of self.
- People are unrealistic, illogical, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
- Prayer in action is love, love in action is service.
- Work without love is slavery.
- We must know that we have been created for greater things, not just to be a number in the world, not just to go for diplomas and degrees, this work and that work. We have been created in order to love and to be loved.
- The fruit of love is service, which is compassion in action.
- True love is giving and giving until it hurts.
- Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the hearts of people.
- I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
- Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.
Most Inspiring Quotes from Mother Teresa
- We fear the future because we are wasting today.
- Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
- God doesn’t require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.
- We must never be afraid to be a sign of contradiction for the world.
- Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
- Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.
- If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.
- Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure as long as you have done your best.
- Life is a challenge; we must take it.
- In order to keep the lamp burning you have to keep putting the oil in it.
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
- Yes, you must live life beautifully and not allow the spirit of the world that makes gods out of power, riches, and pleasure make you to forget that you have been created for greater things.
- We interfere with God’s plans when we push in someone or something else not suitable for us. Be strict with yourself, and then be very strict with what you are receiving from the outside.
- I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I know that prayer changes us, and we change things.
- What you spend years building maybe destroyed overnight; build it anyway.
- If you are discouraged, it is a sign of pride because it shows you trust in your own powers.
- Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
- He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your weakness.
Mother Teresa Quotes About Family
- Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family.
- The way you help heal the world is you start with your own family.
- Love begins by taking care of the closest ones – the ones at home.
- We must make our homes centers of compassion and forgive endlessly.
- If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.
- Peace and war start within one’s own home.
- The openness of our hearts and minds can be measured by how wide we draw the circle of what we call family.
Mother Teresa Quotes About Peace
- Peace begins with a smile.
- We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion.
- I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.
- If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
- Whenever you share love with others, you’ll notice the peace that comes to you and to them.
Mother Teresa Quotes About Happiness
- There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.
- Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.
- If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
- Profound joy of the heart is like a magnet that indicates the path of life.
- One filled with joy preaches without preaching.
- Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realise it.
- Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it.
- Never let anything so fill you with sorrow as to make you forget the joy of Christ risen.
Best Short Stories for Kids With Morals
Welcome to the world of short stories, for kids, pre teens and teens.It is difficult to find a child who doesn’t like stories. And it is even more difficult to continuously tell stories to kids. KidsGen has a wonderful solution to this. We have compiled a long selection of stories for kids. These short stories for kids are in easy English, so kids can read themselves. Or, one can always read out the stories to the kids, ideally, five stories at a time.
Remember to bookmark these page so that you always find short stories for kids at your easy disposal, and, remember, sharing is caring, so please share this page and the stories in your social networks.
These short stories have been hand picked from different cultures from around the world, and are an absolute reading treat for kids. They also come with moral lessons. Some of these are humorous, some inspiring, while some are love stories. We also have selection from Greek mythology, Irish tales, stories from Buddha or Hitopodesh, stories from the Bible, Indian mythological stories, Panchatantra, and even video and audio stories. Short moral stories are very quick way to teach your kid.
Simple Everyday Personal Finance Tips for Everyone — Free
The Donkey On Wheels
The Boy and Little Great Lady
The Light On The Hills
Writing A Book
In The Moonlight
Over The Porridge
The Proud Boy
The Siege of Berlin
On the Way to the Sun
The Frog Prince
The Bad Girl
Lenny the Flying Inventor
Bill and the Boom Box Rocket
High and Lifted Up
The Donkey’s Shadow
The Hungry Mouse
The Crooked Hyena
The Donkey and The Little Dog
The Banker and The Pauper
The Wolf Plays The Flute For The Clever Lamb
The Two Frogs
Love and Time
The Stone Cutter
The Magic of Mushkil Gusha
- Buddha stories
- Stories From The Bible
- Ancient Indian History & Mythology
- Video Stories
- Audio Stories
4th of July
Craft Ideas for Kids
Fun and Jokes
Rhymes & Poems
Benefits of Yoga for Kids
Stories for Kids
School Projects & Homework Help
— Friendship Day
— Moral Stories
— American Fairy Tales
— Monthwise Calendar Wallpapers
— Singhasan Battisi
— Horror stories
— Indian Mythology stories
— School Projects
Stay Updated! Signup for the KidsGen Newsletter:
Try out the other sections
- Party Ideas
Rhymes and Poems
- Fables and Fairytales
- Events and Holidays
- Facts Magic
- Tell Me Why?
- A-Z of Animals
- Moral Stories
- Indian Mythological Stories
- Back to School
- Link to us
Short stories for children — read online with pictures.
Search by title on page
Dragunsky’s funny and instructive story about how Denis imagined himself as an adult. The boy dreamed about how he would reprimand his father, mother and grandmother for misbehavior: being late, walking without a hat, talking at dinner, etc. This…
A funny story about a boy who did not want to eat semolina. Mom promised to take him to the Kremlin if he ate all the porridge. Deniska adds sugar, salt, water and even horseradish to the porridge to make it more…
An instructive story about shame, about not taking other people’s things, about the fact that a misdemeanor will be punished. Read the story about Lyola and Minka, who ate sweets from the Christmas tree and opened presents… “Yolka” read…
💡 All works of the «short stories» section can be listened to or downloaded on our website.
💡 You are in the stories section.
This section of our site contains short stories by Russian writers for children of all ages.
Small works are easier for young readers to understand. The child can listen to short stories to the end with pleasure. A little later, he himself will begin to read these small masterpieces of literature.
Parents often do not have enough time to read long books. For example, before going to bed or on the road. In these cases, our selection of short stories will be very useful to you.
In addition, short stories will help the child learn to retell texts:
— Before reading the story, explain to the child the meaning of all incomprehensible words and situations;
— After reading a short story, ask questions to find out the degree of understanding of the text. If the child is not ready to retell the text in full, then you can start with a partial retelling. For example, you tell the text, and the child completes individual words or sentences.
— Then ask to retell the text yourself. If difficulties arise, then your tips and leading questions will help to master the retelling!
— You can tell the text in turn. So you teach your child not only to talk, but also to listen carefully.
Stories by age:
Stories by interest:
- Heroic tales (65)
- Long tales, stories (106)
- Good fairy tales for kids (182)
- Instructive fairy tales and stories (330)
- Fairy tales for girls (68)
- Fairy tales for boys (100)
- Tales and stories about spring (27)
- Tales and stories about winter (72)
- Tales and stories about summer (18)
- Tales and stories about friendship and friends (118)
- Tales and stories about mom ( 26)
- Tales and stories about autumn (20)
- Tales and stories about school (38)
- Tales about good and evil (89)
- Tales about love (65)
- Soviet fairy tales (57) 90 029
- Therapeutic fairy tales, fairy tale therapy (39)
- 90 029
Story Policeman — Nosov N.
N. Stories for children.
A story about a boy, Alik, who was very afraid of policemen. Once Alik got lost, a policeman approached him, but the boy started to run. Then he was caught, but he still didn’t want to talk to the law enforcement officer…
More than anything in the world, Alik was afraid of policemen. He was always scared at home by a policeman. Doesn’t listen — they tell him:
— Now the policeman will come!
Naughty — they say again:
— We’ll have to send you to the police!
Once Alik got lost. He didn’t even notice how it happened. He went out for a walk in the yard, then ran out into the street. I ran and ran and found myself in an unfamiliar place. Then, of course, he began to cry. People gathered around. They began to ask:
— Where do you live?
He doesn’t even know himself!
— We must send him to the police. They will find his address there.
And Alik, when he heard about the police, started crying even louder.
Then a policeman came up. He leaned over to Alik and asked:
— What is your name?
Alik raised his head, saw a policeman — and ran away from him. Just ran away. He was quickly caught and held, so as not to run somewhere else.
And he shouts:
— I don’t want to go to the police! I’d rather be deluded!
They say to him:
— You can’t be so deluded.
— I’ll find it anyway!
— How can you find it like that? So you won’t find it!
Then the policeman came up again. Alik saw him and raised such a cry that the policeman only waved his hand, walked away and hid behind the gate.
— Don’t scream. The policeman left, you see — he is not there!
— No, he didn’t. There he hid behind the gate, I see!
And the policeman shouts from behind the gate:
— Citizens, at least find out his last name, I’ll call the police by phone!
One woman says to Alik:
— I have a little boy I know, he will never get lost, because he knows his last name.
— I also know the last name, says Alik.
— Well, tell me.
— Kuznetsov. And the name is Alexander Ivanovich.
— Look at you. Well done! the woman praised. “It turns out you know everything!”
She approached the policeman and told him Alik’s last name. The policeman called the police on the phone, then he comes and says:
— He lives not far away: on Peschanaya Street. Who will help take the little boy home? And for some reason he’s afraid of me.
— Let me take you. It seems that he has already got used to me a little, — said the woman who recognized Alik’s surname.
She took Alik by the hand and led him home. The policeman followed behind. Alik calmed down and stopped crying. Only he kept looking back at the policeman and asking:
— Why is the policeman walking behind?
— Don’t be afraid of him! It’s for order. You see, you didn’t want to tell him your last name, but I did. He called the police, and they quickly found your address, because the police have all the names and addresses recorded.