Baby Name Meaning, Origin and Popularity
Baby & Toddler
RECOMMENDED COMMUNITY FORUMS
June 30, 2023
Vivienne is a baby girl name of Latin origin. Pretty Woman fans may recognize the name Vivienne with a long red dress, a dream, and undeniable strength. That may be so in Hollywood, but Vivienne actually derives from the French word Viviana meaning “lively.” From the Latin word Vivianus—meaning “alive”—Vivienne is commonly associated with the Hungarian name Vivien and the Irish name Bébinn. With this abundant name, baby Vivienne is sure to feel joyous, energetic, and free.
On This Page
- Popularity Trend Chart
- Related Baby Names Lists
- Similar Names
- Sibling Name Ideas
- Parents Who Like the Name Vivienne Also Like
Explore similar sounding names to find other baby names for your My Favorites list.
Parents Who Like the Name Vivienne Also Like:
Related Baby Names Lists
Check out these related baby names lists to discover more baby boy and baby girl names and meanings.
- Baby Girl Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Baby Girl Names That Start With V
- Baby Names That Start With V
- Modern Baby Names
- Top 1000 Baby Names of 2021
- Baby Names Ending in E
- Baby Girl Names Ending in E
- Top 1000 Baby Names of 2023
- Top 200 Three-Syllable Baby Girl Names
- National Freedom Day Inspired Baby Names
- Baby Names That Mean “Dream”
- Gemini Baby Names
Sibling Name Ideas
Are you looking for a sibling name for Vivienne? Here are some great options:
Not sure you have the perfect name? Search to add more baby names to your My Favorites list.
Article saved.Go to My Saved Articles
Vivienne — Baby Name Meaning, Origin, and Popularity
Vivienne — Baby Name Meaning, Origin, and Popularity | NameberryMenuFind your type now Arrow Right
French variation of Vivian
Tue Jul 04 2023By Linda
Vivienne Origin and Meaning
The name Vivienne is girl’s name of French origin meaning «life».
Vivienne is an elaborated Gallic version of the name Vivian, chosen first by Rosie O’Donnell for her daughter and then catapulted to superstardom when Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie used it for their twin daughter. An adult namesake is the British designer Vivienne Westwood. Rosie O’Donnell also has a daughter named Vivienne, known as Vivi.
The actress who played Scarlett O’Hara spelled her name Vivien (Leigh), but was born Vivian.
in the US
Vivienne Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Vivienne
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Vivienne.
- HeartVivianChevron — Right
- HeartGenevieveChevron — Right
- HeartVivienChevron — Right
- HeartVeraChevron — Right
- HeartScarlettChevron — Right
- HeartVioletChevron — Right
- HeartEvangelineChevron — Right
- HeartSeraphinaChevron — Right
- HeartRosalieChevron — Right
- HeartJosephineChevron — Right
- HeartPenelopeChevron — Right
- HeartEvelynChevron — Right
- HeartVivianaChevron — Right
- HeartCharlotteChevron — Right
- HeartCeciliaChevron — Right
- HeartLilaChevron — Right
- HeartEloiseChevron — Right
- HeartJulietChevron — Right
- HeartStellaChevron — Right
- HeartAudreyChevron — Right
Famous People Named Vivienne
- Vivienne Sonia SegalAmerican actress
- Vivienne Isabel WestwoodEnglish fashion designer
- Vivienne HaighWood Eliot, English governess, writer and wife of poet T. S. Eliot
- Vivienne Florence Beatrice de WattevilleEnglish author and adventurer
- Vivienne RaeEllis, Australian novelist
- Vivienne ChandlerFrench actress and photographer
- Vivienne SpenceGardner, Jamaican sprinter
- Vivienne Patricia «Patti» ScialfaAmerican musician with the E Street Band, wife of Bruce Springsteen
- Vivienne Mary Hunt ParryEnglish journalist and TV presenter
- Vivienne Rose O’Donnell (b. 2002)daughter of Rosie O’Donnell
- Vivienne Marcheline JoliePitt (2008), daughter of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
- Vivienne Vienna Wiśniewski (b. 2008)daughter of singers Michał and Ania Wiśniewski
- Vivienne Madison Pope (b. 2012)daughter of actress Rosie Pope
- Vivienne Lee Judd (b. 2013)daughter of actor Cris Judd
- Vivienne Margaret MacArthur (b. 2015)daughter of actress Ali Larter and Hayes MacArthur
- Vivienne Helena Arcelus (b. 2015)daughter of actors Sebastian Arcelus and Stephanie J. Block
- Harper Vivienne Ann Lockwood (b. 2008)granddaughter of Elvis Presley and daughter of Lisa Marie Presley
- Dylan Vivienne Clark (b. 2011)daughter of model Kristy Hinze and James Clark
- Vivienne BinnsAustralian artist
Vivienne in Pop Culture
- Vivienne Grahamcharacter in «Godzilla» series
- Viviennealso known as ‘Madame de Fer’, is an optional companion in the video game ‘Dragon Age: Inquisition.’
- Viviennesong by English indie rock band Sundara Karma.
- Vivienne Kensingtoncharacter in Legally Blonde (musical)
The meaning of the name Vivienne is the character and fate of a woman
The name Vivien appeared in the English-speaking world in the middle of the 19th century. This name comes from the English word «vivacity», which means «gaiety». Vivienne can also come from the English word «vive», which means «life-giving». Both words have Latin roots Vivianus. It is a generic Roman name meaning «alive».
Vivien is a very characteristic name that emphasizes the positive qualities of a woman — energy, cheerfulness and vivacity. This name usually denotes a very sociable, kind and friendly girl who is always ready to help and support.
Vivian has many variations, such as Vivian, Vivian, Vivienne and others. These variations may come from other languages such as Latin, Hungarian, French and others.
Today Vivien is quite a popular name for girls around the world. This name has become part of many cultures and has become part of many modern names. Vivienne is a beautiful and unique name that can highlight the features and qualities of any girl.
The name leaves a special emotional imprint on its bearer. But in addition to the common features inherent in people with the same name, the zodiac sign under which he was born also influences the character of a person. This is how carriers of the name Vivienne, born under different signs of the zodiac 9, differ0003
Cheerful and reckless, always ready for new adventures and not afraid to take risks.
Strict and disciplined, she always achieves her goals and does not know the word «impossible».
Patient and friendly, always ready to listen and help others, not sparing her time.
Cautious and attentive, does not like to take risks and always acts with intelligence and balance.
Organized and punctual, does not tolerate chaos and always tries to plan everything in advance.
Selfless and devoted, she is ready to do everything to help those who really need her.
Sensitive and emotional, she always looks at the world with open eyes and heart.
Creative and experimental, she is not afraid to try new things and is always looking for unusual solutions.
Ambitious and self-confident, always striving to achieve more and is not afraid to stand out from the crowd.
Self-sufficient and independent, does not need the attention and support of others to feel happy.
Carefree and serene, does not worry about the little things and always looks at the world with optimism.
Caring and caring, always ready to help loved ones and is not afraid to show her love and care.
name meaning, female Roman name
★ → Names → Roman names → Female names → Names starting with B → Vivienne
The meaning of the name Vivienne (Vivika): lively, lively. From Latin vivus «living», but derived from the compound form vivi and an adjective suffix used to form a cognomen.
Origin of the name Vivien: Roman names.
Vivien: character, strengths and weaknesses
The name Vivien has earthly energy and directs all her resources to strengthening her roots. Vivien is a true believer in the physical world and knows that investing in strong infrastructure is essential to building a lasting legacy and a secure future. Practicality, diligence and responsibility, all vibrations are focused on creating systems to support scalable growth. On the other hand, Vivienne has a hardness that can quickly turn into toughness. It must not be forgotten that rules are meant to grow and strengthen, not to suppress. Therefore, they need to learn to relax and think outside the box, to feel emancipation and inspiration in themselves, to find the courage to take risks.
Calculate the compatibility of the name Vivien with any other name
See also male and female compatible names with the name Vivien.
Numerology Of The Name Vivienne
The number of the name four (4) indicates people who are characterized by constancy, sincerity, attention to detail. People with the name Vivien open up unlimited opportunities in the technical and human sciences. In the absence of ambition, such people often lead an ascetic lifestyle, and if obstacles arise in their path, they can easily give up. The number four (4) for the name Vivien means that sexual relations are, first of all, continuation of the family. ..
More: numerology of the name Vivien.
Lucky years for the name Vivien: 1903, 1912, 1921, 1930, 1939, 1948, 1957, 1966, 1975, 1984, 1993, 2002, 2011, 2020, 2029. More details: names of the year.
The meaning of the letters in the name Vivienne
В — a creative person — Vivien — in a unique way knows how to combine spiritual and physical energy, has balance and constancy, easily finds a common language with others, adequately assesses any life situations.
and — means sophistication, romanticism, sensitivity, striving for harmony with the outside world. Vivienne is distinguished by efficiency and practicality, which can often turn into excessive emotionality and even cruelty.
b — symbolizes softness, the ability to smooth out sharp moments in any situation. At the same time, Vivienne is distinguished by self-centeredness and ambition.
E — indicates outstanding analytical abilities, insight, the desire to understand and explain everything.